Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Hokies coach on facing Clemson: "It’s like defusing a bomb."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: Hokies coach on facing Clemson: "It’s like defusing a bomb."

Sep 25, 2017, 5:05 PM

Hokies coach on facing Clemson: "It’s like defusing a bomb."

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

still kills him because they "had it"? What game was he at?***

Sep 25, 2017, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: still kills him because they "had it"? What game was he at?***

Sep 25, 2017, 7:23 PM

he corrected himself. actually thought he was pretty honest and handled it well

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 11:02 PM

Yep. And this dude scares me to death. These guys are not to be taken lightly folks

Sep 26, 2017, 10:55 AM

Agree. I really like him and that is why I don't like him. He is going to present some challenges for us going forward; VT is gonna be back. Prepare for some epic ACC championship games!

Sep 26, 2017, 11:02 AM

Great! Should be fun.

Sep 26, 2017, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: still kills him because they "had it"? What game was he at?*** ]

But that look he gave Dabo at the end of the game, he looks like he wants to jump on Dabo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Hokies coach on facing Clemson: "It’s like defusing a bomb."

Sep 25, 2017, 7:19 PM

I thought he was graceful, but i know we'll get their best shot. Tigers better be ready to bring it.
GO TIGER'S!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it last year and I'll say it again. I respect

Sep 25, 2017, 7:34 PM

coach Justin Fuente for an action I saw him take at the end of the game last year.

Right after the interception one his players took a cheap shot (don't remember exactly what) and received a 15yd unsportsman like. Coach F met the player on the sideline and made him look him straight in the eyes as he talked to him. Presumably about his conduct. Not yelling and screaming like some coaches we've seen but talking to the young man.

This at a time he had to be terribly disappointed in losing the game.

To me that is nothing but class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said it last year and I'll say it again. I respect

Sep 25, 2017, 10:44 PM

I just checked - it was after DW4 ran for a first down after the interception. The coach did exactly what you said. Well done, indeed.

He's one of the "coolest" coaches on the sidelines

Sep 26, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I said it last year and I'll say it again. I respect ]

In that he very rarely loses his composure. He doesn't let the lows get him too low. He doesn't let the highs get him too high.

But when he does get upset, he must get his money's worth because he has gotten two Personal Fouls in his 1 & 1/3 year in Blacksburg (Notre Dame and West Virginia). Both times though, the team seemingly got the message as the play went from lethargic to energized immediately.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:48 PM

[Img] [/image]

Sep 26, 2017, 4:51 AM

All VT's base are belong to us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 10:59 PM

We ended up at their hotel in Orlando last year purely by chance. Great group of players, coaches, and fans judging from what interactions we had.
We did thoroughly enjoy wearing our Clemson gear before and after the game !

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm worried about the secondary covering Cam Phillips!!

Sep 25, 2017, 11:37 PM

That cat is one helluva receiver! They will be finding a way to get him the ball and I hope BV has him double covered the entire game. There's no Bucky Hodges anymore or Evans at QB so we should be golden if we can stop Phillips.

Sep 26, 2017, 12:00 AM

Well spoken coach. They'll play hard, but the Tiger talent difference will be telling. Yup, go Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2017, 9:17 AM

One of my favorite coaches . While at Memphis he was fun to watch , has a great system and seems to be a stand-up guy .
I thought the Coots should have thrown their 8 gazillion dollar SEC checkbook at him ...but maybe they did and he decided Blacksburg was a better fit .
Anyway , I think that they have a solid young team and are a dangerous team ...especially at home .
Looking forward to the tilt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 26, 2017, 12:23 PM

The ACCCG last year was much like some of our late season games where we let up and let inferior teams back into the game...we should've closed that game out and it would've been a 4+ score win.

And for the record, can't remember if USuC went after Fuente or not, but I'd imagine if they had, he turned it down...he's too good of a coach and early in his HC career to go to a school known for being where coaches go to die (and ruin their overall record).

Sep 27, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hokies coach on facing Clemson: "It’s like defusing a bomb." ]

Ditto. VT at home was always one of my favorite venues to watch a game. Looking forward to the next several years is us and them in the acc championship game. Great coach and fan base from what I know. Having said that, believe we have to much this year, lookout going forward. Should be epic

Sep 26, 2017, 12:22 PM

Yeah an atom bomb that's gonna leave dead hokies all over the field. GO TIGERS!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic