Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kia Telluride spotting.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 697

Kia Telluride spotting.

Aug 9, 2019, 12:30 PM

So APM's office now has one of these in the parking lot. Actually not too bad in person. Looks better live than in the ads. Clearly a poor man's Range Rover, but probably a lot more reliable than a Range Rover too.

What say ye Lungites?

This one even looks Clemsony:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's still a Kia, so no thx***

Aug 9, 2019, 12:32 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a Deawoo man, myself.***

Aug 9, 2019, 12:45 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PLOT TWIST:

Aug 9, 2019, 1:25 PM

Daewoo is the little asian kid in CS02's neighborhood

Re: It's still a Kia, so no thx******

Aug 9, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to It's still a Kia, so no thx*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

facts... had a sportage for a rental on two occasions

Aug 9, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to It's still a Kia, so no thx*** ]

lots of power and reasonably fun to drive, but fit and finish are still third world

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I was impressed with them, drove nice, interior didn't feel

Aug 9, 2019, 12:33 PM

cheap. Possibly would have bought one if it weren't for that Kia depreciation. Was hard to justify taking the hit on a new one, and they were selling like hotcakes at the time we were looking, so no incentives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would drive it but I don't care about cars quite like

Aug 9, 2019, 12:40 PM

others. If it is reliable, has reasonable styling, and "relatively" affordable, it would work for me.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why we ended up with a Mazda***

Aug 9, 2019, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya'll got one on the way

Aug 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

I already got three motherfucking kids to fit in a vehicle. Does Mazda make an SUV with a 3rd row?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah bruh, the CX-9

Aug 9, 2019, 1:09 PM

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Mazda-CX-9-Greenville-d1023_L32193#listing=247560429

It's no Suburban, but they've got a good amount of room.

I think those are pretty nice looking

Aug 9, 2019, 1:23 PM

out of curiosity, any reason you elected to go w/ the CX-5 over that, considering the others you were looking at were larger SUVs?

We really have no use for 3rd row seats right now and the

Aug 9, 2019, 1:33 PM

CX-5 was a good bit cheaper. We use my truck to travel anyway, so it is/will be mainly an 'around town' car.

Good choice.

Aug 12, 2019, 9:14 AM

When you get around to car-seating here in the near future, you'll appreciate the extra room over the CX-5. Mine has been a champ, and the last few weeks of seeing every mountain back road in SC/NC/TN/GA with a 6 speed manual has been ridiculous fun to drive. Mazda quality isn't Toyota, but it's very good good without Toyota prices.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seem them, as far as the styling, I would definitely

Aug 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

drive it.

But for long term reliability (and resale value), I'm not spending money on them until they're up there with Honda/Acura, Toyota, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like that that one doesn't have the little chrome bump

Aug 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

on the b pillar that the other models have.

that's the element of styling on the car that I can't stand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't looked it up, but I was thinking their reliability

Aug 9, 2019, 12:59 PM

was going up since their early days. If not, Toyota and Honda keep winning with Total Cost of Ownership.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going up, but still middle of the road per***

Aug 9, 2019, 1:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

consumer reports***

Aug 9, 2019, 1:04 PM

Consumer reports has it

Aug 9, 2019, 1:03 PM

at number 2 in their mid-size SUV ratings. They've got the Subaru Ascent at #1 and it's not really that close although both are rated 90 or higher, the Subaru is at 96 out of 100.

If you are a grown man, that isn't

Aug 9, 2019, 1:14 PM

gay and you purposefully drive to a Subaru dealership, you should be punched in the mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

********A wild Greenr enters********

Aug 9, 2019, 1:29 PM

Greenr wants a Subaru. Fight me, I can give you my location so you can punch me in the mouth.

I'm with you.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:30 PM

#docked

Think of the amount of groceries you can fit in there

Aug 9, 2019, 1:32 PM

or bales of pot when we all take the Jounge roadtrip to Brek

If you are a grown man and you think what you drive makes

Aug 9, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to If you are a grown man, that isn't ]

gay, you're probably not very confident about your ability to please a woman and at least one dude has probably made you put it in your mouth. I mean, you might not be gay, but you almost have to be questioning.

Re: If you are a grown man and you think what you drive makes

Aug 11, 2019, 8:01 PM

Sorry you are poor and angry. Life would suck living that way.

Re: If you are a grown man, that isn't

Aug 13, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to If you are a grown man, that isn't ]

Have a forester here! Bought it over just about everything in its class. Was the last vehicles I tested and overall liked it more than anything else I drove. Btw, I almost got the small Mercedes and considered the Audi.

Trade in value and safety are very high.

I guess since they are made here...

Aug 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

I see one about every 10 minutes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know nothing about cars. But ....

Aug 9, 2019, 1:23 PM

Sonja and two other friends of mine had the high end Kia (can’t remember the name) engines blew up in all three. Of course I guess that could happen to any car.

I do like the look though Ese.

Paging Obed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Mom's Optima has been a beast for years.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:31 PM

No problems at all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a weird looking F-150. Also...

Aug 9, 2019, 2:30 PM

The Palisade looks better, IMHO.

Just another

Aug 11, 2019, 12:02 PM

Front wheel drive toy for people who don’t love cars! If FWD was the safest and best cars, the racing teams wouldn’t spend millions converting their race cars to rear wheel drive. Can you imagine a front wheel drive Camry in a NASCAR race? Death waiting to happen.

Not my cup of tea, but check this link out.

Aug 11, 2019, 8:25 PM

I may have posted this before. This guy is overly dramatic about this trail. It IS the hardest in Uwharrie but the section he did is about average with no major obstacles. Still a challenge tho in this. I’ve seen a new grand Cherokee and a Subaru up there too. If it’s raining you can forget it in a stock ride. This guy is also dumb for not taking a full size spare. Anyhooo:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/car-technology/a27372481/kia-teluride-2020/

And here’s the gatekeeper of the other end. This is me last week. The next obstacle was worse (more technical) but I didn’t get any video but I did leave a lot of paint and a tail light up there. ??
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjHYaxgxkKLni64w5

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, I remember seeing that. The car looks better in person

Aug 12, 2019, 9:24 AM

that what I'd imagined from commercials and online postings.

So I was just wondering what others had obeserved.

To me it is the SUV version of the "Chrysler 300 kinda looks like a Bentley".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kia Telluride spotting.

Aug 13, 2019, 12:30 PM

I like it! Rented a Sorento for a week and have nothing but positives to say about it.

Re: Kia Telluride spotting.

Aug 13, 2019, 12:39 PM

Wut?

Is this a thread jack? Could be. A Veggie Burger

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 697
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic