Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heading to Raleigh tomorrow night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,024

Heading to Raleigh tomorrow night

Sep 18, 2013, 8:27 PM

Never been to a game there before. What is the atmosphere like? Most of the NCSU fans I've come across are pretty rough around the edges.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heading to Raleigh tomorrow night

Sep 18, 2013, 8:33 PM

Win, you're fine. Lose, they're a bunch of a s s h a t s.
Pregame may get you a shout or two as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

they are worse than most

Sep 18, 2013, 8:34 PM

bunch of drunk rednecks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are A holes....you will see

Sep 18, 2013, 8:34 PM

Go Tigers

Watch out for this guy:

Sep 18, 2013, 8:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice venue, though...close to the action...

Sep 18, 2013, 8:45 PM

--

Re: Nice venue, though...close to the action...

Sep 18, 2013, 11:14 PM

I heard Carter-Finley has the least clearance between fans and the action. It supposedly gets pretty lively. Hoping it gets really, really loud at the start and dissipates right away. I want to see what it's all about though.

everyone has an opinion that another school's fans

Sep 18, 2013, 8:48 PM

are the worst, but I can honestly say without a doubt that I have never been treated worse at any place than Raleigh.

Last trip I made was our last Thursday night game up there...2005? Me and a coworker (both Clemson grad) literally waited until noon that day to decide and go. I knew that my neighbors college roommate worked at the NC State athletic dept. So I ask my neighbor if his buddy could swing us some tix at such a short notice. Sure enough he got us some tickets. He told us they would be at will call. Now keep in mind, I am not the type of person that goes to an opposing school's stadium completely dressed out in all orange like I do in Clemson (yeah rag on me). My buddy and I both had on white button up shirts with a tiger paw on shirt pocket.

We get there and get a tickets. While walking through parking lot, we got berrated by students and drunk adults. One girl literally took her finger and slammed in my co-workers chest and told him to get the hell out of Raleigh. As we go up to our seats, I realize that my neighbors buddy thought that it would be funny to put our seats in the student section. We walked up the stadium to our seats and the a s s holes sitting on the aisle refused to let us go to our seats. They told us to get the hell out of thier section. Needless, to say we were out numbered and obliged. We did end up finding some empty seats near the Clemson section and laughed our arses off as Clemson took the Pack out behind the shed and whipped those puppies.

I have visited every ACC school, Missouri, UGa and USuc and like I said, I have never been treated worse than I was that night. I didn't even type everything that happened.

So yes, be aware of your surroundings up there. I will never go back. They will present a good atmosphere for about the first 10 minutes of the game, but once we settle in they will empty that stadium.

Re: everyone has an opinion that another school's fans

Sep 18, 2013, 9:00 PM

Carter-Finley is the only stadium that can rival the cockroach in terms of emptying at halftime.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2013, 9:00 PM

Carter Finley is a great atmosphere for college football. They'll be stoked up for us like they were 2 years ago when my 12 year old son and I visited for the 1st time. We'll be back for revenge tomorrow. Section 31, Row H, Seats 23,24,& 25.

I would put Carter Finley 3rd for in ACC for atmosphere behind Death Valley and Doak Campbell. We went to FSU last year, so got to experience it then.

Me being a US veteran did not like how they yell out during the National Anthem in Raleigh though. Good luck, Have fun.

Sep 18, 2013, 9:01 PM

They can be really bad if u sit in their section. When Charlie beat em there I was there with my ten yo son and this 70 year old guy pounded clappers in our ears all night despite our low key behavior. No lie during third quarter his wife grabbed him by his earlobe, apologized and made the old fat leave lol! Word up! Sit with tigger fans and its great

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2013, 9:03 PM

I'm from NC and I can tell ya by being there many times and especially 2 years ago that they are a bunch of pompous jackastors !!!

I'll be the guy in ALL ORANGE!!!

Sep 18, 2013, 9:37 PM

Guess I'm in for quite a treat, but my seats are corner section upper deck...Clemson section I assume.

The WussPack is in for a treat too me thinks!!! :)

Go Tigers!

(after we get up on em & they leave then i can get closer to the action)

I'm with ya!

Sep 18, 2013, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Heading to Raleigh tomorrow night ]

I will be wearing Orange and sitting in section 31. Never been there, just moved to the area and super excited to see the Tigers play. I am expecting the stadium to be emptying out early.

I have seen some pretty unruly fans at Maryland and I have heard the WussPack fans can be on par and worse than that. Hope all goes smoothly and without incident.

Welcome to RTP!

Sep 19, 2013, 1:02 AM

Glad to see there's another tiger in the RTP area. I'll be in section 30 and am happy to see that it's near where some tigers will be. Looks like the Triangle Clemson Club is tailgating in the lot at the corner of Hillsborough and Blue Ridge.

I've been to the last 4 games at Carter-Finley. I've had some small stuff happen, but nothing that escalated. There do seem to be a lot more classless and mouthy fans in the NCSU crowd than other stadiums that I've visited. I think it stems from a few things: The proximity of UNC, NCSU and Duke gives them all a few extremely close rivalries (though UNC & Duke really only consider each other rivals) and NCSU is persistently in the shadow of those other 2 programs, especially in the thing that matters most in NC, basketball (but they've not had much success lately getting the job done vs UNC either). You start with that inferiority complex, bake in some thuggish basketball mentality and frost it with a any hope to try and be noticed and you just get a big ol' shame cake that they over-compensate for. Usually if they're behind at the 1/2 the crowd will empty out, go back to their tailgates and not return. However, they do have a history for getting up for big games so who knows what to expect on Thurs night.

By the way, for the rest of the season, if you haven't already figured it out, the Triangle Clemson Club meets for viewing the games at The Alley (http://www.bowlthealley.com) which is on Hillsborough across from NCSU campus.

My wife and I will also be right there with you guys

Sep 18, 2013, 10:31 PM

In all orange! Section 9 row V...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange reading these comments about Wolfpack fans...

Sep 18, 2013, 10:39 PM

I was there for the 2005 game, which we won 31-10, and if anyone remembers, also where the Pack fans were booing Chuck Amato when his face appeared on the big screen to give some sort of psa about the university, and I don't remember having any issues with anyone while tailgaiting, during the game (sat in a Wolfpack section, 50 yard line), or afterwards, even when my buddy was on the phone telling a friend we were leaving Carter Flimsy Stadium, lol....the only bummer to the trip was the guy we sat next to was the guy that sold his tickets to the guy we bought from outside the stadium. He sold them to us for 40 bucks apiece while the original owner sold both of them to him for 20!! That sucked to find out. Other than that, everyone was cool and were actually shaking their head embarrassed other fans were booing their head coach. When I read comments like what I'm reading, I have to remember most of the time it takes two to tango....have a good time, man. Go Tigers!

The three worst fan bases I have ever encountered are....

Sep 19, 2013, 8:16 AM

Georgia, NC State and Maryland.

I have attended games at Carter-Finley more times than I can count and without exception, NC State fans (similar to UGa fans), are some of the most vile and repugnant trailer trash on the planet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You have more experience with them than I, but the team I

Sep 19, 2013, 9:26 AM

get surprised at that rarely gets a mention on this crappy fans talk is Georgia Tech. That is the place I've had some interesting encounters at with fans. Like I said, NC State wasn't an issue, and I've been hearing about Maryland for years now, but never have attended, and I guess now, never will.

Stay away from the students and you'll have a great time!***

Sep 19, 2013, 10:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,024
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic