Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm with the lieutenant governor of Texas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

I'm with the lieutenant governor of Texas

Apr 21, 2020, 9:35 PM

"And what I said when I was with you that night, there are more important things than living. And that's saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us," Patrick said Monday night.

He went on to say that he didn't want to die but that "we've got to take some risks and get back in the game and get this country back up and running."

I am 100% behind this push from Republican governors and talking heads who are desperate to lay down lives for the sake of the economy. Someone's gotta walk out on the ice to see how thin it is and I'd rather it not be people from my state. In chess the pawns go first. Good luck!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-reopening-economy-more-important-things-n1188911

Message was edited by: Murcielago®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only every American could afford not to like yourself.

Apr 21, 2020, 9:39 PM

right? Sip Tree House in your Tesla and let America work for you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Republicans are always looking out for the little guy.

Apr 21, 2020, 9:42 PM

Also...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

I don't want anyone looking out for me.

Apr 21, 2020, 9:43 PM

left or right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good ones will anyway.***

Apr 21, 2020, 9:45 PM

lol, who?***

Apr 21, 2020, 9:49 PM

Uh... anyone who looks out for you?

Apr 21, 2020, 9:57 PM

In the Govt?***

Apr 21, 2020, 9:58 PM

The military, the FDA, the EPA, state and local gov't.....***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:03 PM

Re: The military, the FDA, the EPA, state and local gov't.....***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:13 PM

Good gosh this is such a boring argument and too easy. Just stop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh but not your state gov't if they open up too early.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:07 PM [ in reply to In the Govt?*** ]

love those guys. I look up to them.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:10 PM

Godspeed.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:14 PM

That's what you said 6 weeks ago.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:15 PM

I thought you might be right, so I looked into it...

Apr 21, 2020, 10:27 PM

But actually what I said six weeks ago was:

I wouldn't propose a budget with yuge cuts to the CDC. I wouldn't fire the guy who called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks. I wouldn't have disbanded the White House National Security Council's entire global health security unit. I would've pushed the Republican Congress in 2018 to reauthorize the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act. I'd outline a safety net for people most likely to face economic hardship as a result of the pandemic's impact on the economy.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-wouldnt-propose-a-budget-with-yuge-cuts-to-the-CDC-26985646#26985646

Re: I'm with the lieutenant governor of Texas

Apr 21, 2020, 10:00 PM

everyone will end up with it regardless

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ideally they won't get it all at once, but yeah.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:06 PM

Re: Ideally they won't get it all at once, but yeah.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:16 PM

i think that i had it in january, chills, fever, sore throat, had to sleep sitting up, cough went on and on for weeks

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most would probably want it with a hospital option

Apr 21, 2020, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm with the lieutenant governor of Texas ]

Long as they don't fill up, work as much as you can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save me Daddy Gubmint***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what I'm saying at all.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:16 PM

Re: That's not what I'm saying at all.***

Apr 21, 2020, 10:24 PM

You're missing the point entirely.

Apr 21, 2020, 10:34 PM

Please, by all means, open every place that's not anywhere close to my neighborhood as soon as possible. I'm not being sarcastic. As long as they're not within my geographic vicinity, have at it. From my understanding it's still a wildly unpopular idea, but if people want to rush back out and act like nothing's wrong I will be fascinated to see how it all unfolds.

No I understand completely

Apr 21, 2020, 10:42 PM

They're flying drones over NJ?

Apr 21, 2020, 10:47 PM

That's weird. I guess I better not be caught out, although I've actually gone out any time I felt like it so far and nothing happened. Maybe it's just a matter of time.

What are the drones looking for? Like how can they tell who's supposed to be out and who shouldn't be? This information will be very helpful for all my anti-quarantine excursions.

Don't sneeze or have a fever...

Apr 21, 2020, 11:06 PM

My house is surrounded by drones right now.

Apr 22, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to They're flying drones over NJ? ]

I opened the door a crack and one of them tazed me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: My house is surrounded by drones right now.

Apr 22, 2020, 8:15 PM

they have to change the batteries every 28 minutes, that will be your chance to make a break for it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even though none of us have been alive for something like

Apr 21, 2020, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: That's not what I'm saying at all.*** ]

This, it's nothing new. It just used to be much more common. It's very predictable how these things play out. They all go something like this....

Disease breaks out. Everyone freaks out. Economy shuts down. People quarantine. After a while cases decline. People think it's over. They get mad and many go back to normal life. Then it roars back (second wave) that's usually much, much worse than the first. Then everyone freaks out again. Shut down. By the second wave it does the most damage. Eventually it declines again. People go back to life as normal. It then comes back for a third wave which is smaller. Then it's basically over after 3 to 4 waves. Through history these things have waves because of how we react. It's always the same. This will be no different.

Everyone knows this is how it goes. It sucks. Death or lost jobs. It's a balance. But the virus always wins eventually. What's important is how you handle and manage the defeat. Maybe we find a vaccine but it won't be before the virus largely has its way. Most people will get this. The trick is to not let it get out of control.

This is not a bad flu. It's a bad flu now because we've taken steps we never took with a flu in our lifetimes. It's a bad flu season in a month with our economy shut down. We achieved the flattening. We are cresting the first wave. We created the wave. And the reaction is totally predictable. It always happens. It's just a bad flu. It's going away. Let's get back to plowing and planting, or trading, or football or whatever. If we didn't shut down we would be looking at a monster right now and not a "bad flu". The monster will come in another month or two. Might hold off if hot weather impacts it a lot,until October or November. If summer weather has little impact, by July and August we'll be in trouble. Trouble is coming. More concerning is we haven't seen a real decline yet. Watch the cases the world over. Most shut down countries have flattened but cases are not in a massive decline anywhere. If this had an r0 of 2 we would see major declines. This is far more virulent and easier to spread than the flu. Even a bad flu pandemic like 1918 would respond better to the worldwide lock downs than this has.

There is a second wave coming that will be much worse. We make the waves start and stop. There is a good 90 to 95% of us left to infect. . 3% of Americans have tested positive. We'd be lucky if the total is 20 times higher at 6% actually infected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense but you've been putting us in the grave

Apr 21, 2020, 11:30 PM

I never mentioned a lot in February.

Apr 22, 2020, 12:16 AM

Yall all called me crazy. I actually started talking about this in January. When I told yall that we would shut down... No one believed me. When I said masks help I was dismissed. Now the CDC recommends their use.

I'd love to be wrong. But I've been proven right more than wrong so far. We have to open up some but we're not prepared with testing or even at the right stage. Two weeks of declining cases. That's what Trump recommended. But just know declining cases are from us shutting down anyway. So we open up and it opens up. Happens every time.

I'm a history major. And this is playing out just as it did 100 years ago. And in every outbreak before that back thousands of years. I listen to scientists and history books. Not politicians or burocrats. I don't see politics in this. This isn't fake news. The majority of countries on Earth, who don't give a crap about our politics by the way, they have all shut down to one extent or another.

I knew that when this started and Trump said this would come then go away, he was wrong. I knew this wouldn't cause a temporary recession with a sharp v drop then an equally strong comeback. That's just not how this works. We have a good year or two to deal with this, even if we find a vaccine.

As for being offended, I'm not. Don't get offended.

Does this mean there will be trump rallies in Texas soon?

Apr 21, 2020, 11:06 PM

Nothing would send a more clear message that the country is open for business than to pack 30k trump supporters into the Dallas Civic Center and hold a good old fashioned Rally. I sincerely hope this happens, for the sake of our children and grand children.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what better way for Fox News hosts to show their support

Apr 21, 2020, 11:15 PM

than to host their shows with a live audience? I can't wait for these brave pioneers to buck the orders from their Dem/MSM overlords and demonstrate what a hoax this has been all along!

They can pass out hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin

Apr 21, 2020, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Does this mean there will be trump rallies in Texas soon? ]

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/21/840341224/nih-panel-recommends-against-drug-combination-trump-has-promoted-for-covid-19?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=politics

Hey deweather why don't you post another Nature article

Apr 21, 2020, 11:21 PM

lol***

Apr 21, 2020, 11:22 PM

At least you're a nice guy

Apr 21, 2020, 11:40 PM

Thanks!

Apr 21, 2020, 11:41 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-throws-cold-water-conspiracy-theory-coronavirus-escaped-chinese-lab-2020-4

Once again you answered the wrong argument

Apr 22, 2020, 12:06 AM

Bless your heart.***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:36 AM

I know hard cold facts like that hurt

Apr 22, 2020, 12:46 AM

You nailed it.***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:56 AM

Okay I'm not falling for your judo moves

Apr 22, 2020, 1:27 AM

My wife treats Covid patients and I am an essential

Apr 22, 2020, 4:25 AM

worker. We are glad to risk our life so you can stay in your safe place. Please don't come out until you are given the all clear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 7:20 AM

a looooooooooooooot of people cowering in the corner need to watch this. and this guy has been through the virus

https://www.facebook.com/thehodgetwins/videos/681649722646840/

Apr 22, 2020, 8:31 AM

"In chess the pawns go first. "

No such rule in chess.

Yeah, they could be knights!***

Apr 22, 2020, 8:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

well....

Apr 22, 2020, 8:33 AM

that was a dumb post

"who are desperate to lay down lives for the sake of the economy"

what gibberish

That's no way to talk about the lieutenant governor of Texas***

Apr 22, 2020, 8:44 AM

- Jonathan Swift

It is an interesting question. Like many, answers ...

Apr 22, 2020, 8:48 AM

lie along a continuum. Answers on the extremes (I.e. ends) get a lot of attention but unlikely the best. The best solutions will likely come from the middle. Plural use of solutions is intentional, different parts of the country may have different best solutions. Middle solutions will incorporate both public health and economic recovery aspects. Easing of some social distancing restrictions is inevitable and should be timely. Some public health measures may become permanent.

The argument that it’s either all public health or all economy are a false dichotomy.

Yeah, let them eat cake.***

Apr 22, 2020, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 4:58 PM

Actually, I think he's talking about other people dying. He's got great insurance.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic