Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kids and tablets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 429

Kids and tablets

May 12, 2020, 10:15 AM

In-laws opened Pandora’s box for their birthday’s this year.

Amazon Fire HD8 Kids version.

What do I need to know about this?
Favorite Apps
Parental Control musts? On the actual tablet, not screen time rules.

When do I KMS?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your kids will play with it for a month then toss it aside

May 12, 2020, 10:19 AM

we bought kindles for my kids. They hated them. Very difficult to use.

Santa brought them 10" Andriod tablets where they can download anything (I control everything) that is on google play.

They love it and use it all the time.

Especially ABC mouse and animal games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

they’ve Used my iPad for ABC mouse and love***

May 12, 2020, 10:24 AM

it's all about ease of use

May 12, 2020, 10:26 AM

Kindles are ridiculously difficult to use.

Andriods and Ipads are much easier to use.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's all about ease of use

May 12, 2020, 1:07 PM

lol at you having a hard time with an electronic device. who knew that could happen??!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It takes about 2 minutes to open a Kindle to be a able to

May 12, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Your kids will play with it for a month then toss it aside ]

use Google play. There are approximately elventy bajillion videos on the youtube explaining how.

Yeah, we jailbroke (?) the Fire HD to get the Google Play

May 12, 2020, 10:32 AM

store. Still sucks overall.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, i'm not saying they're great.

May 12, 2020, 10:35 AM

I have one but i mostly use it as a reader and to watch Prime and Hulu. I'm just saying access to google play is not the issue.

It worked to get Youtube Kids on it so they can watch

May 12, 2020, 10:40 AM

endless stupid videos

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, I tried this 2 days ago for about 30 minutes

May 12, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to It takes about 2 minutes to open a Kindle to be a able to ]

AND FAILED.

furreals? This was 2-3 years ago that i got one and did it.

May 12, 2020, 10:37 AM

But it was downloading like 4 files and opening them in a specific order or something super simple like that?

Did you check the lint trap and put the milk in the freezer before you started?

Ahh, yes, I used the same steps

May 12, 2020, 10:46 AM

Link 1 was actually Link 2. Link 2 was actually Link 1. So which was supposed to be first? And upon navigating to the sites, the green button for downloading the APK file was nowhere to be found.

We actually bought it as an e-reader / nook. I was just trying to install the nook app. I found another method, Getjar, and that worked fine.

get rid of inlaws***

May 12, 2020, 10:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

The Fire HD Tablets will be terribly frustrating when they

May 12, 2020, 10:31 AM

get older. Our two really old iPads work MUCH better.

Screen time is VERY limited at our house. It turns their brains to mush and makes them whiny AF. Other parents use them as a digital babysitter but I cannot stand the fallout. They have had them SOME during this pandemic when wife and I are both busy working and it is raining outside, but FUCK they are ruined for the rest of the day, especially the middle boy.

Good luck with them, I hate tablets for kids.

I'm gonna give greenr father of the day award.

May 12, 2020, 10:35 AM

Even with those weird short shorts you wear, you seem to have some sense with child rearin'.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have great intentions

May 12, 2020, 10:55 AM

We fail miserably.

I feel personally attacked by this.

May 12, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to The Fire HD Tablets will be terribly frustrating when they ]

Don't judge my kids and their 17 hours of daily screentime between school and play and never getting out of jammies and steady diets of hot dogs and Spaghetti-Os. They're perfectly well-behaved children, except when they're awake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realized at 8:00 last night during bath time that my

May 12, 2020, 10:39 AM

youngest hadn't changed all day, still wearing the day before's pajamas.

Boxed Mac & Cheese for dinner for him as well. Great idea on the hot dogs, there is a pack in the fridge. Unfortunately, the youngest only eats ketchup on the bun (out of both) so he will probably get mac and cheese or a hot pocket today.

We struggling here...

The 11 year old will sit in his room all day...

May 12, 2020, 10:46 AM

on Tik Tok. No food, no water. I had to cut him off. If you didn't, I'm convinced you'd find him fours days later in a puddle of excrement with dry lips and a swollen tongue still chuckling at some stupid #### some redneck did on tik tok.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 16 year old boy doesn't give a crap about tik tok

May 12, 2020, 10:47 AM

but he's on the xbox with 30 school friends killing terrorists on Rainbow 6 or Call of Duty or something

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My oldest is 9 and yesterday we found her in her room

May 12, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to The 11 year old will sit in his room all day... ]

cleaning up. This was after she finished her school work and MERIT work without being asked. Then she laid down and read Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. I was completely shocked.

I don't know what we did right with her, but we did not do that with the two boys. I imagine the girl will give us hell when she gets older.

Take heart...

May 12, 2020, 1:00 PM

that's the way the 18 year old has been her whole life, and still is. The boys and the other girl? Nope.

We don't know about the baby yet, but I'm keeping my eye on her.

I was the wild child in my family growing up

May 12, 2020, 2:15 PM

My sisters never got in trouble, straight A's even through college. Both graduated Clemson a year early.

Now I have settled down, begun a family, and they are raging psychopaths. Both of them. I think getting out of the structure of school for them was akin to throwing them in the amazon rain forest with nothing but a pencil.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got so frustrated yesterday about their eating habits

May 12, 2020, 11:18 AM [ in reply to I realized at 8:00 last night during bath time that my ]

I gave them cold cheeseburger halves from the night before, so I didn’t have to go through the dog and pony show of making food and watching them take 1 bite.

Mrs Fluff said it was the most tense dinner ever and even the kids could sense it.

I got released to have a beer with my neighbors during bath time

So did you beat the dog #### out them or no?***

May 12, 2020, 2:14 PM

Don't really have this problem with my daughter

May 12, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to The Fire HD Tablets will be terribly frustrating when they ]

even though she spends a good amount of time on it.

Preach...

May 12, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to The Fire HD Tablets will be terribly frustrating when they ]

we keep the young one off of stuff but she's already obsessed with trying to take your phone at 20 months. The 18 and two 16 year olds are in their phones all the time. The 11 year old can't get off ####### tik tok. I had to lock him out with the screen time app.

I’m with 19B, I feel judged and persecuted.

May 12, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to The Fire HD Tablets will be terribly frustrating when they ]

I feel confident if my daughter was still an only child, we would be handling this quarantine and homeschool no problem.

Unfortunately, the twins are now 5 months old. Lilmissgrouching can talk with her friends all day and play roblox as much as she wants, I gotta work and wifeofgrouching gotta change diapers, feed and entertain babies, and do other domestic things. We take a couple hour break midday to do the take home homework packets, but gawd this is no way for anyone to live.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. And Minecraft is the debil's invention***

May 12, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to The Fire HD Tablets will be terribly frustrating when they ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gets worse...

May 12, 2020, 1:02 PM

But I do love the fact that all the positive, wholesome things about Minecraft have been modded out of it so that kids can now play all manner of violent games on Minecraft.

Son(s) of don't play anything violent. The game is just

May 12, 2020, 2:22 PM

addictive and evidently triggers the whiny little ##### who won't listen gene.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best tablets for kids

May 12, 2020, 10:36 AM

BENADRYL®

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its a great baby sitter, hths***

May 12, 2020, 10:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they will open the other Pandora's Box for Christmas..

May 12, 2020, 11:37 AM

With guitars and a drum set...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Ny son has one. I set up the age and time restrictions

May 12, 2020, 12:51 PM

i can't make sense of any of his game (he's 5) they don't appear to have 'names' or anyting...and the 'people' speak jibberish. but it keeps him busy and he has some learning apps on it. it's great for the car, trips. Now... it's becoming a pain in the ### because he wants to play it too much.

plus, he's learned that apps can be downloaded. ugh. he can't do it himself, but that doesn't stop him asking. every. freaking. day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

We've decided to double down on my theory that

May 12, 2020, 2:12 PM

our govt is going to #### this country up so badly by the time my kid is of age that there might not even be electricity anymore. That said, we won't be focusing on electronics. Instead of tablet time we'll have shooting sessions (focusing on kill shots), the art of blackmail, manipulation, evidence planting, and intimidation tactics. I feel those will tools he'll really need to succeed in life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 429
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic