Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Paw on Anerican Flag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,472

Tiger Paw on Anerican Flag

Oct 17, 2019, 9:48 AM

I am a veteran. I love our Tigers. I have been an ardent fan for over 50 years...been to hundreds of games home and away and to many bowl games. However, I just saw an ad for a US American flag with an over print of Tiger symbols. Such treatment of the US Ametican flag directly violates the US Flag code. See below.

§ 8. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America...

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture...

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkin or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Paw on Anerican Flag

Oct 17, 2019, 9:51 AM

Thank you for your service and to all the others out there that have served! I agree, I don't think it's right to do that. That does lead me to a thought that I've had though: with the flag code in mind, is it proper to have the LEO police flags that are the black/grey with the single blue stripe? I've seen one too with a red stripe which I imagine is for the fire dept.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm willing to allow a few exceptions.

Oct 17, 2019, 10:14 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Looks 'shopped.***

Oct 17, 2019, 10:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money well spent wouldn't you say !?!?!?!***

Oct 17, 2019, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm willing to allow a few exceptions.

Oct 17, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to I'm willing to allow a few exceptions. ]

My pants are saluting...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to I'm willing to allow a few exceptions. ]

The water looks really nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

There's water?!***

Oct 17, 2019, 5:14 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you think the flotation devices are for?

Oct 17, 2019, 5:20 PM

Dummy ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2019, 5:21 PM [ in reply to I'm willing to allow a few exceptions. ]

Exceptions are good.

Nice teeth.....***

Oct 17, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to I'm willing to allow a few exceptions. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Oct 17, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to I'm willing to allow a few exceptions. ]

She must workout

That offends me...that flag bathing suit should be removed;)***

Oct 18, 2019, 1:52 AM [ in reply to I'm willing to allow a few exceptions. ]

Agreed***

Oct 17, 2019, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a flag with 1 big paw in the stars box, and the

Oct 17, 2019, 10:10 AM

stripes orange-white alternating (instead of red-white). Do you consider that offensive? I really love that flag but if its considered offensive i'll take it down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: I have a flag with 1 big paw in the stars box, and the

Oct 17, 2019, 5:21 PM

It's not offensive in my opinion . Once the colors and pattern are differently arranged it means something else altogether and there has to be some forgiveness for that type of reverie .
I respect the flag as much as any American , but (aside from burning it or destroying it) I myself allow for this sort of one-off representation and have no ill feelings about it whatsoever .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yes***

Oct 17, 2019, 10:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2019, 10:16 AM

Thank you for your service. I agree with you, but to me it is gaudy and weird.

I agree 100%

Oct 17, 2019, 10:33 AM

Also, thank you for your service!

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What about a "Dont Tread on Me" flag with a Tiger

Oct 17, 2019, 11:28 AM

eating a chicken ?

Is that kosher ?

Thank You for your service.

Oct 17, 2019, 12:46 PM

Understand this is not just a Clemson souvenir. Most every major sports team has some type of American flag with their symbols on it.
I personally don't find it offensive, but everyone is free to feel as they wish.

Oct 17, 2019, 1:50 PM

Actually, mine is a different take on the Liberian Flag as they don't mind as much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Liberian+Flag&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS796US796&oq=Liberian+Flag&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4545j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on

So it's all good.

WRONG!!!

Oct 17, 2019, 4:55 PM

Below is not an American flag. It's a flag inspired by an American flag. If you don't know the difference between an American flag and one that was inspired by it then I don't know what to tell you.

Hint: an American flag has red, white and blue colors in all the right places and doesn't have a tiger paw on it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd agree...

Oct 17, 2019, 5:50 PM

but then we'd both be wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The American flag is abused every day in every way today.

Oct 17, 2019, 5:23 PM

Symbolic of the way our Country has been abused by the people running it for decades and decades.

I agree, can't help it.

Oct 17, 2019, 5:48 PM

It's probably from the pledge I made daily as a child. It's in there and it ain't coming out.

I also feel it disrespect the PAW to use it to disrespect and deface our flag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2019, 12:23 AM

And I'm a Clemson grad...BS 1969, MS 1971...A Golden Tiger this year!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,472
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic