Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A whole bunch of the bickering would die down if just 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

A whole bunch of the bickering would die down if just 1

Dec 2, 2013, 4:48 PM

legit school would show interest in Dabo for their vacancy, and who knows, it might happen. When you're on the inside, it's really hard to be objective. I'm curious to see if folks outside the program think he's an attractive candidate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Arkansas will come calling again.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:49 PM

nm

When you can recruit like he can, people are watching.***

Dec 2, 2013, 4:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

You'd be surprised

Dec 2, 2013, 4:54 PM

at the schools that would take him. The reason he isn't mentioned is that they think he's solid and stable where he is. Many of my Bama friends have been thanking me for "training" him....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes

Dec 2, 2013, 5:15 PM

of one of those programs, and I can certainly see where an AD might have some level of interest. Fan base? Not so much.

Re: I'm trying to put myself in the shoes

Dec 2, 2013, 9:50 PM

I have friends all over the country and they love Dabo. They love his passion and think he's doing great things here. That includes friends who support Bama, Auburn, Florida, Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford and the list goes on.

He has had 5 full years to

Dec 2, 2013, 4:55 PM

"change the oil" and although some progress has been made and he may eventually get there, most schools would not be as patient as we have been. They want to see results a lot quicker (ie USC-real one, Auburn, Tennessee) so I doubt a better offer for Dabo would come along right now.

I have to disagree

Dec 2, 2013, 5:12 PM

Dabo has had good success and has the program in good shape. I don't want him to go anywhere. You guys have to remember that USuC has been a pretty good team the last several years. It's not like we're losing to Wake.

We should have won the game the other night. Our players did not take care of the ball and we made mistakes. Dabo didn't turn the ball over 6 times.

These rivalries have cycles. It's just that simple. We'll be back. The last two years it's been only a play or two that's the difference in the games with USuC. Both years we could have won. We just needed one or two more plays in each game.

Clearly our program is so much better than five or six years ago. Newsflash, we're not going to win the national title every year. And FSU is pretty good too - like the best team in the nation. It's no shame to lose to two top 10 teams. We're right there. The line is very thin between winning and losing in thes top 10 games. You have to make plays - and we didn't against FSU and USuC. But the coach we have is right where he should be. You guys musy have forgotten losing to Wake several times...

Go Tigers!

Did not say he was not

Dec 2, 2013, 7:51 PM

headed in the right direction just that we are more patient than most major programs so I do not see any good offers coming his way right now

Re: Did not say he was not

Dec 2, 2013, 9:19 PM

I think he's moving at light speed actually.

And did you just mention Tennessee as one of the teams we're supposed to want after?! I think you need a history lesson on their last five years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 9:20 PM

actually all three teams you mentioned have had more failures than Clemson in the last five years...and it's markedly been because of their IMPATIENCE.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you at all here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Did not say he was not ]

Ummm, has there ever been a college that fired their coach after winninig 31 games in three years due to a lack of success?? I don't understand the whole we've been more patient then most major programs???

Ken Hatfield and Tommy West disagree***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Did not say he was not ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I remember losing a couple to Wake. What IS becoming

Dec 2, 2013, 10:05 PM [ in reply to I have to disagree ]

a distant memory, however, is beating South Carolina.

Xactly right. Last time we fired a coach with

Dec 2, 2013, 11:34 PM [ in reply to I have to disagree ]

a really good winning record, we spent over a decade in mediocrity. Never want to return to those terrible doldrums.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're 10 and two.

Dec 2, 2013, 5:17 PM [ in reply to He has had 5 full years to ]

Who fires a coach that's 10 and two?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did not say a word about

Dec 2, 2013, 7:47 PM

firing Dabo. Just said most major schools are not patient with a coach like we are with Dabo.

garbage

Dec 2, 2013, 5:45 PM [ in reply to He has had 5 full years to ]

Tennessee hasn't won 8 games since Fulmer was fired.
USC hired Kiffen who had never won anything.

That's right and they are on their third

Dec 2, 2013, 7:45 PM

coach since Fulmer

Most idiotic post of the post game rants

Dec 2, 2013, 7:37 PM [ in reply to He has had 5 full years to ]

the Real USC, Auburn and Tennessee had imploded. We're 21-4 the last 2 years, 31-8 the last 3, recruiting at a championship level and relevent nationally for the first time in over 20 years. Yeah, fire the coach

I did not say fire Dabo

Dec 2, 2013, 7:48 PM

I said that we are more patient than most major schools and they get rid of coaches quicker than we do

Who was the last school to fire a coach after he was 21-4?

Dec 2, 2013, 7:50 PM

That's not impatience, that's stupidity if it happened

Did not say to fire him just that

Dec 2, 2013, 7:53 PM

most major schools would not wait as long as us to have him fix the problem with their rival and blowouts like WV and FSU

Most schools period are not 21-4 the last 2 years

Dec 2, 2013, 9:34 PM

your point makes no sense. Patience isn't an issue when you are in the top 10 all year

ain't gonna happen

Dec 2, 2013, 5:10 PM

Maybe some third tier school
we are the only school around with people dumb enough to hire Blabo
Thankfully, his ### is gone next year after spurrier takes another cane to his butt
If for no other reason, there won't be any fans left in the seats. People get tired of this same ole, same ole crap, and the big mouth and excuses.
The dunce was touting his 31 wins---yeah--against the Weak Forests of the college world.
Playing out exactly like preacher Hatfield, Preacher Bowden and now this Preacher Blabo dunce.Building a program????? Ha Ha with all those wins against crappy teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ain't gonna happen

Dec 2, 2013, 5:15 PM

I guess LSU and Georgia and Auburn are crappy teams. This kind of talk is ridiculous.....

Dec 2, 2013, 5:46 PM [ in reply to ain't gonna happen ]

Shut the #### up you inbred redneck.

Clemson fans shouldn't insult the coach like that. I'm not

Dec 2, 2013, 6:11 PM [ in reply to ain't gonna happen ]

a fan either, but come on. "Blabo?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Danny became a legend beating crappy teams***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:38 PM [ in reply to ain't gonna happen ]

Ohio State, Georgia, Nebraska,

Dec 2, 2013, 9:11 PM

Oklahoma, UNC, Penn State, Stanford, West Virginia

And the same Wake, Duke, UVA, NC St's, MD's

Dec 2, 2013, 9:38 PM

Dabo is beating. So Dabo has beaten LSU, Georgia, Auburn(twice), FSU, VT(top 10 twice). Dabo hasn't beaten SC and that's the root of this. Other than Danny, no Clemson coach has had a run like this, so you say other teams would have canned him by now? Who?

Dec 2, 2013, 10:00 PM [ in reply to ain't gonna happen ]

You're pathetic. Go away coot.

Why do you and others here need other teams to show interest

Dec 2, 2013, 5:19 PM

in Dabo? Why would that somehow "prove" anything? By your logic, he's only a good coach if other teams show interest, and a bad coach if they don't.

Just out of curiosity, how many programs have shown a recent interest in Nick Saban, Les Miles, Jimbo Fisher, Steve Spurrier, etc.? I'm not aware of any. I imagine that isn't due to their poor coaching, but because they are paid well by their current schools and other schools realize that they are happy there. Other schools know their is no point in trying to lure those guys away because they stand no chance in being successful.

Have you considered the fact that Dabo is viewed the same way by other schools? Or is your anti-Dabo agenda too powerful to allow you to consider that as a possibility?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why do you and others here need other teams to show interest

Dec 2, 2013, 5:25 PM

just recently there were rumors of Saban to Texas that were dismissed but it was obvious feelers went out when Mack was struggling. If you're not away you just werent listening

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't consider that rumor a legitimate offer to coach.***

Dec 2, 2013, 6:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I hope he stays at Clemson for a long time******

Dec 2, 2013, 5:22 PM

Why exactly?***

Dec 2, 2013, 6:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: A whole bunch of the bickering would die down if just 1

Dec 2, 2013, 5:23 PM

The problem is NOT DABO!! It is his OC and DC who cost us that game and others. They just don't get it! You want it explained in simple terms let me know. These 2 are making 7 figures a year and for Venables to say what he said about stopping Shaw shows just how lost he is.

Dabo

Dec 2, 2013, 5:35 PM

Alabama could have any coach they wanted. Do you really think Dabo would be on any big program's short list? I'm not saying Dabo isn't a good head coach but you're talking about the pinnacle of college football coaching jobs. Dabo is well suited where he is.
FWIW, in 2005 bama did go after Spurrier. He was already too invested in Carolina though.
Here's that story
http://thacover2.com/2013/09/report-steve-spurrier-turned-down-alabama-job-in-2006-referred-nick-saban/#.Up0KDHi9LCQ

Re: Dabo

Dec 2, 2013, 5:57 PM

Alabama can get any coach they want? Then you post a link showing that they didn't get the man they wanted. They had bust after bust before breaking the bank for Saban and absolutely no A-list coach is going to want to step into those shoes when he leaves.

Re: Dabo

Dec 2, 2013, 6:53 PM

Alabama hadn't just won 3 out of 4 national championships when they went after Spurrier. It's a different job now, and will have plenty of suitors when saban leaves. What coach wouldn't want the job. They're probably the best suited program in CFB in terms of a consistently great team.

Dec 2, 2013, 5:36 PM

Yes maybe we need to hire Ken Hatfield or Tommy West again! Stop the #### bickering y'all sound like a bunch of cry babies!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 7:21 PM

As a Gamecock fan, I actually hope you do fire him. Fans that see that his work has elevated the program are the smart ones. I am surprised we won five in a row, but fear the post Spurrier future. You should keep Dabo a long time, and eventually he will get that elusive title. Please fire him....

Dec 2, 2013, 8:05 PM

Joke

If he would beat Carolina, we would have to pay him a lot

Dec 2, 2013, 7:53 PM

More money. I don't think many would support matching a higher offer from another school if he gets one since he can't beat USCe.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic