Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At the game, I asked some of the FSU fans at halftime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

At the game, I asked some of the FSU fans at halftime

Oct 13, 2019, 9:02 AM

"who do you blame for this?" There was a really long pause. Finally they said "Mostly Jimbo. He created a toxic culture and that won't change overnight. Taggert hasn't had 2 full years, so most of the players are still Jimbo's and they don't seem to fit well in the new culture." there was a slight pause and then he finished "Plus, if you fire a coach in year 2, you basically commit program suicide. Who would want the job knowing they had 2 years to fix this S-show? It is a REALLY tough time to be a Seminole fan"

So at least FSU fans that travel and buy tickets get it. Warm seat for Taggert, for sure, but some understanding of what went down.

Also, FWIW, they stayed until the 4th quarter AKA longer than Bama fans stayed at the Natty!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When will aTm fans realize "oh chit"?***

Oct 13, 2019, 9:05 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When will aTm fans realize "oh chit"?***

Oct 13, 2019, 9:06 AM

Exactly. I think TAMU is already having "buyers remorse" at hiring Jimbo. They looked pitiful vs. Bama yesterday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I'm thinking this year

Oct 13, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to When will aTm fans realize "oh chit"?*** ]

next at the latest.

They paused for a moment, because they were thinking about

Oct 13, 2019, 9:19 AM

the “right” thing to say.
Just because they were at the game doesn’t mean their opinion is any better than what we read on social media, etc. every day.
People are so afraid to say that Taggart is not qualified to lead the FSU program and was a terrible hire. It’s okay to say that!!!! It is not a racial comment!

Yes, this all pisses me off because I want FSU to be good. It was more fun that way. But as long as people continue to prop Taggart up, they won’t be any good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At the game, I asked some of the FSU fans at halftime

Oct 13, 2019, 9:31 AM

The coach that I think could turn that mess around is Mark Richt. I hope that never comes to fruition.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:03 AM

I also talked to a Seminole fan. Told him I hoped they gave Taggart a chance. He shook his head and said Fisher left the program a mess.

LOL***

Oct 13, 2019, 11:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds about right to me.***

Oct 13, 2019, 10:05 AM

Oct 13, 2019, 12:07 PM

Sounds to me like the FSU fans you talked to do not 'get it' at all.

Compare what Satterfield's done with Louisville to what Taggart's done at FSU.

I am happy to see FSU suck so I hope they keep Coach Taggart for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, those directional

Oct 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

KY wins add up.

The FSU fans are right...can Taggart after two years is suicide. aTm fans can start asking where the IV is, because they're dying, now. Jimbo has taken Petrino's place at the top of the Toxic Coach list.

Willie may ultimately be a bust, but to this point, the team is better than last year's version. If for no other reason, at least he gives a ###...which is infinitely more than can be said of Jimbo. No doubt, some aTm scholar is trying to define how 'guaranteed' isn't. My suggestion to him is to partner with Bill Clinton. Anyone savvy enough to mount a 'it depends on what the definition of 'is' is', is worth consulting with. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was disappointed in how many Noles fans did not show up.

Oct 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

They usually travel very well but North Upper Deck was devoid of most visiting fans. I get it, they are pissed about their team and have quit for now but jeez. Very few in comparison to previous years. Not much of a rivalry on or off the field right now.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic