Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins, trash talker extraordinaire? Yes, especially against FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins, trash talker extraordinaire? Yes, especially against FSU

Sep 17, 2013, 1:59 PM

Sammy Watkins, trash talker extraordinaire? Yes, especially against FSU

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he can talk all he wants...

Sep 17, 2013, 2:02 PM

as long as he doesn't say something stupid harmful to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Media

Sep 17, 2013, 3:10 PM

always trying to bait someone in to something...

geez

Re: Media

Sep 17, 2013, 9:06 PM

So he's not responsible for his own actions, but is somehow controlled by the media?? Uh huh.

He backed it up against THUGA...

Sep 17, 2013, 3:54 PM [ in reply to he can talk all he wants... ]

You could see their defense was intimidated to the point of faking injuries.

Keep it up, Sammy.

Re: He backed it up against THUGA...

Sep 17, 2013, 9:07 PM

Keep playing and stop bragging.

Re: he can talk all he wants...

Sep 17, 2013, 9:04 PM [ in reply to he can talk all he wants... ]

That kind of ill-advised bragadoccio is already harmful to Clemson. Can someone just shut him up and let him play football? Why give any team a psychological advantage. He should take a lesson from Nuk Hopkins, who made his statements on the field.

Re: Re: he can talk all he wants...

Sep 18, 2013, 9:15 AM

Don't fool yourself, Nuk talked plenty of trash on the field!!!

But he always backed it up, just like Sammy had been able to do. Sammy's trash talking seems to make the pregame media hype, but hey it's his motivation and I have no problem with it...it's part of the game!

Re: Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins, trash talker extraordinaire? Yes, especially against FSU

Sep 17, 2013, 2:03 PM

Sucks FSU gets a bye week before our game this year. Imagine that. Hopefully we take care of BC at home early.

Re: Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins, trash talker extraordinaire? Yes, especially against FSU

Sep 17, 2013, 9:09 PM

And like we need to give Fla, State any added advantage. Where's the coaching staff re: this BS?

Re: Re: Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins, trash talker extraordinaire? Yes, especially against FSU

Sep 17, 2013, 11:12 PM

Cannon have you ever played football, or any type of competitive games? Trash talk is what some players do and the others take it out of control but it's part of the game

You're Probably The Same Guy That...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins, trash talker extraordinaire? Yes, especially against FSU ]

doesn't want celebrations in the NFL. Y'all try to make sports so #### serious. IT'S A GAME!! IT'S COMPETITION!! And how bout the irony of someone on a MESSAGE BOARD (a medium for trash talk) excoriating a player in one of the most primitive sports for his propensity to trash talk. And anyone that has played football past JV, knows how defensive players use talking to try to intimidate and get a mental edge on offensive players. So, what if he decided at some point in HS that instead of letting them try to get the edge and intimidate him, he was going to go at them FIRST to try to get the upper hand mentally. But please get off the man's back with all the "he needs to shut up and play" type comments. We're just FANS on the sidelines watching and typing from our perspective. Trying putting yourself in their shoes in some of these situations that y'all criticize them about, and image what you would do at that age in that position.

I'm a Clemson grad and huge FAN of the teams. I did sports talk radio briefly before I ever use to listen to it, and even then it amazed me how entitled and judgmental fans are when it comes to their teams. And since then I listen to local and national sports talk everyday and I still shake my head at us. How lame are we for what we do.

Liked it when he let his playing on the field do his talking***

Sep 17, 2013, 3:13 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I'm sure you know what it takes to play competative football

Sep 17, 2013, 3:37 PM

against FSU DB's. It all sounds pretty standard from HS up to the pro's. If the guys want to use intimidation and motivation factors to help them compete, what's the problem? I was never a trash talker, but look at me now.

Sep 17, 2013, 3:14 PM

Hey whatever gets you fired up to play and as long as you back it up on the field...it's fine with me!!!

It would be fun to hear the in-game talk from parabolic mic.***

Sep 17, 2013, 3:17 PM

Almost all players do this. Nuk did it to the LSU players

Sep 17, 2013, 3:45 PM

he kept turning to one of their CBs and saying stuff after he kept burning him. I assume he was saying "You can't stop me son." or something along those lines.

Didn't seem to hurt against Jawga..........

Sep 17, 2013, 3:54 PM

Lay the SMACK on 'em Sammy!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

ohhh noooo

Sep 24, 2013, 9:20 PM

I think he deserves a suspension, football is no place for trying to get into the head of the guy defending you. :)

You mean to tell me that players trash talk on the field?

Sep 17, 2013, 5:44 PM

who would have thought that

talking ####!!

Sep 18, 2013, 9:10 AM

What the hell is everyone talking about!!? What kind of trash is sammy talkin?? All he said was that he knows most of fl st D and they kinda jab back in forth at each other, in no way in that interview did he say anything regarding this yrs game. Now the georgia game Is a completely different topic cuz he sure did talk some #### and he sure did back it up!! Go Tigers!!! #allin #biggestgameoftheseason

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic