Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Trevor play any baseball in hs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Did Trevor play any baseball in hs?

Nov 15, 2018, 11:11 AM

If he can throw a football in the low60's how fast would he throw a baseball? I'm guessing low to mid 90's

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Trevor play any baseball in hs?

Nov 15, 2018, 11:28 AM

If he could throw a baseball mid 90's with any kind of control, coach Lee really needs to recruit him bc there isn't that many college hitters that can hit a 95 mph fast ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 12:24 PM

This is not exactly true. If a pitcher doesn't have any other pitches then a 95 mph fastball would be batting practice for most of the ACC teams. Offspeed pitches are what keep hitters from being ready for 95.

I played college baseball with a good many guys who threw in that 95 mph range. The ones who could mix another pitch or two with it kept playing. The ones who only had a fastball didn't hardly pitch for us. We even had one guy give up 4 runs and couldn't finish an inning against Davidson because he thought he could throw fastballs down the middle and beat them. He threw 93-96 mph that game and only got 2 outs. Davidson was not good then..... at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 1:07 PM

Exactly. People don't realize there is so much more to pitching than just having a cannon. Find a guy that can throw 95mph and a guy that can't get above 80, but can throw a beautiful knuckleball.. Guess which one will have the longest career..

I'm still wondering why Muse didnt play.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:33 AM

If you recall he almost didn't come here to play football because of where he was projected to go in the MLB draft...

Re: I'm still wondering why Muse didnt play.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:00 PM

I didn't know that personally but, surely glad he came to be our QB. I don't ever like rushing anything in my later stage of life, but I'm looking forward to seeing a stronger heavier TL next season after off season workouts!!! At his weight right now, it scares the crap out of me every time I see him take off running the FB. Personally, I would love to see him at 230 lbs, and with his 6'6" frame, I don't think 230 lbs would affect his running ability or his mechanics, and it would make him a lot harder to tackle/bring down, and not to many would want to get in front of him after gets going....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still wondering why Muse didnt play.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:08 PM

Never seen Muse as a QB, but #### - why not! ;)

I'm not trying to offend anyone but...

Nov 15, 2018, 1:12 PM

There's no way Trevor's mechanics didn't come from baseball. It got past me in the Spring game and the first notice I took was Chaise during warmups for one of our games early this year. I commented about Trevor excellent mechanics and my son told me that was Chaise.

Mechanics is the specific jobs of the many parts of the body working together to control the horizontal trajectory of the ball. Velocity, horizontal and vertical 'locations,' are separated, broken down and each becomes the focus of three or four exercises. The value of the throwing/pitching mechanics is never understated and there is no such thing as a 'most important mechanical factor,' Anyone of them can cause a bad pitch/throw.

The ability of a pitcher to deliver a ball in exactly the right place depends on how well he controls each of those factor. Since it's impossible to think about half a dozen things at one time muscle memory is built through practice with focus on each and every factor one at a time.

I won't labor the subject further, instead I'll just say Chaise and Trevor are about as perfect at their craft as I've seen. May I also add that Trevor's ability to throw to a moving target while he is off balance and barely has one foot on the ground is astounding, it's not craftsmanship it's art.

TL;DR? Be glad I didn't break down the many factors of pitching mechanics and list all the exercises used to build mechanical perfection. Just take my word for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic