Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m starting to think we are a football school trapped in a basketball conference.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I’m starting to think we are a football school trapped in a basketball conference.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:11 AM

But I’m comfortable with who we are and don’t think we need to share bathrooms with duke or unc. Mainly cuz they have the crabs and the herpes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m starting to think we are a football school trapped in a basketball conference.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:13 AM

I think you are right. On that note, do you think FSU ever returns to being a powerhouse legit top 10 team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes but dang if they aren’t digging a deeper hole as we speak.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:15 AM

They’ve usually been able to get the recruits. Now can’t even get a qb to come there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes but dang if they aren’t digging a deeper hole as we speak.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:50 AM

FSU is using Taggart to clean up the name left at FSU with Jimbo Fisher, they will be back as soon as they hire the right D and O coordinators!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m starting to think we are a football school trapped in a basketball conference.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m starting to think we are a football school trapped in a basketball conference. ]

Absolutely!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which is the optimal scenario

Feb 18, 2019, 11:18 AM

wouldn't dare dream of having it any other way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m starting to think you are a woman trapped in a man’s body***

Feb 18, 2019, 11:25 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Kind of like U5C, a WBB school in a Football Conference.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:28 AM

It's tough when everyone knows you for sucking at what's popular, and doesn't understand the sport you're really passionate about.

Best Is The Standard

Feb 18, 2019, 11:41 AM

Ding Ding DING, we have always been a FB first school, and we are in one of the best conferences out there for academics, and FB hasn't been pushed by Swoffy or anyone else in the ACC for a very long time. There was a time that the ACC use to be a good conference for FB also!!!

Since Heisman, Clemson was destined to be a FB school, but competitive in other sports.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:54 AM

And yes, BAsketball has been up & down but considering its overall mediocre records I think the fans have been fairly good in support.

Do miss wrestling.

Also, as stated we are in a BB-driven conference since it all comes out of Greensboro & Big 4 schools/teams in NC..

But Tigers have been big boys in FB many times even though MD, UNC, VA, FSU & even VT have had their hay days, shortly.

Saying, Clemson is in the ROY Bus Drivers seat especially last & this year too, so DaBO & Coaches will be putting the metal to the pedal..AGAIN!

Saying..do you smell rubber, envision another ACCC trophy and expect a 5th CFP invite?!

I DO!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you just now started thinking that?***

Feb 18, 2019, 11:59 AM

Feb 18, 2019, 12:29 PM

Ya think??? Always has been always will be.

Feb 18, 2019, 2:22 PM

A remarkable epiphany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always laugh at the "always will be" statements.

Feb 19, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m starting to think we are a football school trapped in a basketball conference. ]

We have no knowledge of what the future holds. We might get really great at basketball and decide that it is more important than football. Or football might become a lot less popular over the next 10-20 years due to concern over traumatic brain injury. Or maybe another sport, like soccer, will become the dominant college sport. We just don't know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 19, 2019, 3:01 AM

It is what it is, and there's nothing that can be done.

We at Clemson will continue to focus on the greatest sport on the planet. If others wish to concentrate on lesser, duller, boring sports, so be it. I have no wish to get involved in a sport where players run around in their underwear, bouncing their balls.

Feb 19, 2019, 8:00 AM

I do remember Gregg Doyel arguing that CLEMSON is NOT a football school. Anyone else remember him?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Gregg-Doyel-irony-1869903

I think we should try to be a football school

Feb 19, 2019, 12:09 PM

and a basketball school at the same time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think we should try to be a football school

Feb 19, 2019, 12:11 PM

Everyone agrees. As of now he is saying we are a football school in a basketball league.

Everyone definitely doesn't agree.

Feb 19, 2019, 12:33 PM

I see posts here every day with people talking about how they don't really care about basketball. They love being a "football school" and seem to fear that also focusing on basketball detracts from our football notoriety and success. It's crazy.

Re: Everyone definitely doesn't agree.

Feb 19, 2019, 12:37 PM

Just about everyone would like use to be a basketball school too. It's just that not as many believe it is possible or that it will ever happen.

Feb 19, 2019, 12:13 PM

Love the title of this post. Not the content.

+1 regardless haha

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic