Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation:

Aug 22, 2017, 4:31 PM

Is it possible that the QB that gives us the best chance to win may not be our best passing QB?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation:

Aug 22, 2017, 4:37 PM

Is it possible that the QB that gives us the best chance of winning may be our best running QB?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 4:38 PM

When the Box is stacked and WRs are in man coverage but we can't get them the ball.
It's going to be the makings of lots of 3 and outs.
Then by the 4th the D is gassed.
So what do you think ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 4:57 PM

Most teams don't have 3 shut down corners. I like our chances of getting one of our extremely talented WRs the ball if they are all in one on one coverage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 5:07 PM

You would think so.
I'm going to support the Coaches decision but KB has not impressed me with his arm.
I hope that I'm wrong but I don't see a great season if he is the best we have.

Aug 22, 2017, 5:15 PM

Feel the exact same way.

It will be no secret what opposing defenses will do...stack the box and make Bryant beat them through the air in which I don't care if we got Calvin Johnson or Aj Green catches passes, I don't think Bryant can hit them consistently..I am of course praying he succeeds. He is our QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

How big of you to support our National Championship winning

Aug 22, 2017, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation: ]

coaching staff and their decisions.

Re: How big of you to support our National Championship winning

Aug 22, 2017, 6:52 PM

I agree. I don't know why these guys who have not been at fall camp come on here and hash this out on a daily basis. Same thread, just a different title and sometimes a different user.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can agree with you on this: If what we saw of KB in very

Aug 22, 2017, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation: ]

brief mop up duty last year was the absolute best we can expect, then yes, you're probably right. However, if he has improved, depending on how much he has improved, he may be plenty good enough. You and I have no way in #### to know that. Our coaches have plenty to base it on, however, and they say he is the best we have right now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Bama had a 5* on Renfrow. How many teams can put a 5*

Aug 22, 2017, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation: ]

on Renfrow. And if we put 6'5" Overton on one side,Deon on the other side, Renfrow in the slot, and Ray Ray,Powell,or Rodgers in the other slot...who can cover that? Especially after Chase and Higgins, and Thompson have run their tails ragged the previous two plays.

You did not answer the question, and you are using the same

Aug 22, 2017, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation: ]

faulty reasoning that a lot of people are using.

You are assuming, without any way to know, that KB can't make those throws. You simply do not, and can not know that.

That gets back to my point: Cooper and Johnson may be better passers than KB, but that does not mean they give us a better chance to win than KB. Surely you realize that there is a lot more to being a good QB than being the very best passer. Surely you can understand that.

- H. L. Mencken

Aug 22, 2017, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation: ]

You need a new song. You don't have to be THE BEST PASSER when you have a stacked box and our WR's in one in one coverage.

That is what we are trying to create and you are complaining that we have a QB who opposing defenses will basically be required to guard us in that way.

Smh

The D won'tbe gassed if the other team has a lot of 3 and

Aug 22, 2017, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Questions for T-Net ex-spurts regarding QB situation: ]

outs.

When you're Bryant's size and have his speed, you don't

Aug 22, 2017, 4:38 PM

have to be a Watson. You just have to be pretty good. Especially with our receivers.

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Yes.

Aug 22, 2017, 5:01 PM

But maybe not.

Aug 22, 2017, 5:12 PM

Well there's "arm talent" that doesn't always translate to game performance. Strongest arm I ever saw was Bobby Douglas of the old Bears who could throw it through the side of a barn when he could hit it. He wasn't much on touch passing though and had a load of drops. He didn't throw darts; he launched missiles.

And if Renfrow says KB has been pinpoint, I'll take that over coach-speak (which could just be to boost confidence) and believe we have the right starter.

Magic 8 ball says: Perhaps***

Aug 22, 2017, 5:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have last year's Alabama team* ( so to speak )

Aug 22, 2017, 5:33 PM

#1 Defense -- #1 seasoned offensive line -- very mobile,scrambling "rookie quarterback" that can make a few throws,when he has too* -- outstanding receivers to catch those passes -- heck,we may even have a great punter this year?? ___________spot the dang ball !!!

You got it!

Aug 22, 2017, 5:26 PM

I believe the staff has some plays for Bryant.
But I am curious to see if he can make those
consistant throws.

Defenses are gonna force him to throw. If he

Aug 22, 2017, 5:35 PM

can't complete them with some consistency, his PT will go down, and he will likely lose the starting job.

- H. L. Mencken

QB that gives us the best chance to win

Aug 22, 2017, 5:28 PM

may not be the same in week and week 4 ......

null

Of course - all 3 QBs will play and another may emerge

Aug 22, 2017, 5:32 PM

as the starter.

- H. L. Mencken

I think I'd take an average QB who makes the right decisions

Aug 22, 2017, 6:13 PM

Over an extremely talented QB who doesn't make as many good decisions.

but I hate INT's so that's just me.

Jeez

Aug 22, 2017, 7:47 PM

Really fatigued of this convo

It's lame and it's boring

I don't care who the QB is as long as we win.... and we will!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I'd take an average QB who makes the right decisions

Aug 22, 2017, 8:32 PM [ in reply to I think I'd take an average QB who makes the right decisions ]

Then last year must have been brutal for you wanting anyone other than Watson to play all season. ^_^

Or did you miss him having over 14-16 interceptions 2 years in a row? So which QB would you have rather had?

why would I have wanted anyone but Watson?

Aug 22, 2017, 10:49 PM

yes every INT was very disappointing

KB is next Heisman***

Aug 22, 2017, 8:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, of course. Word!***

Aug 22, 2017, 10:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 10:53 PM

Just tell our non-passing QB to always throw it to Renfrow. He is always open. He will make our QB look like a Heisman winner.

I'm sorry Streaker, but, using the term "Heisman Winner" as

Aug 22, 2017, 11:34 PM

an adjective for a great football player has lost all meaning to me. When DW was shafted not once, but twice, in the exact same way......I lost all respect for that award. And well before Dabo ever said it, I POSTED ON TNET that Deshaun didn't lose the Heisman, the Heisman lost out on Deshaun..

It is an absolute joke, nothing more than a beauty pageant. But, even beauty pageants don't vote right after the swimsuit constest. No sir, they have to wait on the talent portion, then the interview..etc. And they , beauty pageants are still rigged.

No sir, I just go with the W's that DW helped us get. He was the best player in the country 2..Teee Dubya Ohhhh, years in a row and got shafted.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic