Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm really disappointed in the anit-Morris sentiment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I'm really disappointed in the anit-Morris sentiment

Oct 12, 2014, 9:57 AM

that I see in the fan base right now. I shouldn't expect much on web boards, but I see normally knowledgeable posters who I usually respect posting things I usually see from the flamers and ignore.

First of all, I was one of the first people who wanted Tommy West replaced (in his THIRD year) and I was one of the earlier people who wanted Tommy Bowden gone, often I'm labeled a dumper and rarely a pumper. I say this because I want everyone to understand I have no problem whatsoever dumping a coach who isn't getting it done.

We have two excellent coordinators. Their results overall are very good, but they both have ups and downs largely based on personnel and circumstance. Venables first defense in 2012 was horrible, it was virtually as bad as Steele's final defense in 201l. Both were ranked outside of the top 50 or 60, you can check NCAA stats ypg. We knew based on personnel that 2013 would see improvement and 2014 would be a dominant defensive year. This stuff was forecasted, its not like BV is shocking the world with a top 10 defense this year.

We also knew offense would face rebuilding with a new QB, whether it be a career backup or a true freshman, and new skill positions players. Plus two really good OL being replaced. Now you take all that, you face the statistical #1 defense in the country with 2 OL out who have starts under their belt (to an already thin OL), your freshman skill guys still finding themselves, your WR you were relying on for this season Peake out, the stud freshman QB out, the senior QB not having practiced because of a bum shoulder, you take all that and DESPITE the equity the man has built for 3 years making this program relevant again you people dump on Morris as if this is his only body of work. Are you the same people who when you drive the only car you look at is the one in front of you? Do you only plan for today and not have the first clue what next week brings? This is absolutely pathetic. I'm not surprised by the flamers, but I'm shocked by the others.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm really disappointed in the anit-Morris sentiment

Oct 12, 2014, 9:59 AM

Morris is overall very good. There are excellent parts of his playbook. Unfortunately I worry coordinators like this are more worried about having their genius show up on the field rather than just do the simple obvious stuff.

Oct 12, 2014, 10:00 AM

Don't be disappointed , they will all explain to you how the team can do better , and exactly how to fix this winning thing we do with the Chad.
When our offense blows people out they are never quite as verbal , and I cannot figure out just why that is.
Probably the same reason the Coots flags have stopped flapping.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

There are a lot of people who simply don't understand....

Oct 12, 2014, 10:01 AM

the game of football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand that you have to be able at times to just line.

Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 AM

up and knock someone off the ball for a stinking half yard or so, and we cannot. Physical spread offense my ###!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Robbie Caldwell is the oline coach, not Chad Morris...

Oct 12, 2014, 10:20 AM

Morris coaches the QB's and is the offensive coordinator. The oline is Robbie Caldwell's responsibility. So if you want to blame some for the poor oline play, blame Caldwell.

Re: Robbie Caldwell is the oline coach, not Chad Morris...

Oct 12, 2014, 11:48 AM

Being unable to get under center or being too #### stubborn to get under center is on Morris.

null

Re: I understand that you have to be able at times to just line.

Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 AM [ in reply to I understand that you have to be able at times to just line. ]

If the OL that is on the field "cannot" do it, then why would you want them to try? I think the coaches understand the reality and are just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Re: There are a lot of people who simply don't understand....

Oct 12, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to There are a lot of people who simply don't understand.... ]

my 10 year old grandson understands that when you need a foot you don't start running from 4 yards back.

Oct 12, 2014, 10:03 AM

Good post. My only complaint about Morris is that he tries to be cute at the worst times.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Oct 12, 2014, 11:31 AM

go practice your putting.

Oct 12, 2014, 10:04 AM

If yoiu just remember that about half the noisemakers on an internet message board are full of s**t it'll all be better.

Ya it is very common to hike the ball back Back 6 yards to

Oct 12, 2014, 10:09 AM

make inches. MO is brilliant! Almost cost us the game. I bet if we had lost because of that you wouldn't be so ok with MO. MO got to Go! But nobody wants him as their HC

Re: Ya it is very common to hike the ball back Back 6 yards to

Oct 12, 2014, 10:12 AM

How far back is the running back when the qb is under center?

same distance***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:18 AM

I thought it was different for the pistol formation...like 3

Oct 12, 2014, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Ya it is very common to hike the ball back Back 6 yards to ]

to 4 yards back. I don't think that's in our playbook anymore...

Nobody wants Lorenzo Ward as their Defensive Coordinator...

Oct 12, 2014, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Ya it is very common to hike the ball back Back 6 yards to ]

Coot we warned you about Ward.

All valid points, but Morris' O does have a history of not..

Oct 12, 2014, 10:11 AM

performing against good defenses. He has made a living against bad defenses that has played a huge role in the overall perception that we have a "dominant" offense. And yes, performance against good defenses is expected to drop, but his history against the SC's, FSU's and yesterdays game is pretty bad. If his O is so good, we should also perform well in those type games at least 50% of the time.

I bet that all sounded good when it was still in your head.***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We torched FSU's defense in 2011 and 2012...

Oct 12, 2014, 10:16 AM [ in reply to All valid points, but Morris' O does have a history of not.. ]

in 2012 FSU just outscored us.

Re: We torched FSU's defense in 2011 and 2012...

Oct 12, 2014, 10:18 AM

Coot fan jack , off to the Roach with ya ...its Sunday and y'all are running out of time to look at Furman film.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: All valid points, but Morris' O does have a history of not..

Oct 12, 2014, 10:23 AM [ in reply to All valid points, but Morris' O does have a history of not.. ]

Try passing to the TE on 1st down ! Bet he's wide ### open ! We are not a run first team ! Use the pass to open up the run! The chad is not a bad oc but his play calling is ### backwards and quite predictable! Loosen up chad!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All valid points, but Morris' O does have a history of not..

Oct 12, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to All valid points, but Morris' O does have a history of not.. ]

> performing against good defenses. He has made a
> living against bad defenses that has played a huge
> role in the overall perception that we have a
> "dominant" offense. And yes, performance against good
> defenses is expected to drop, but his history against
> the SC's, FSU's and yesterdays game is pretty bad. If
> his O is so good, we should also perform well in
> those type games at least 50% of the time.

Do you watch much football besides Clemson? Very rarely do good offenses not drop off when facing a good defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 10:17 AM

Morris is very good at what he does. He is as good as there us in his profession at opening drive scripts, game planning and from the -1 yard to the +1 yard line.
However, I see two weaknesses in his performance to this point 1) I don't think he us great at in game adjustments when his game plan is not producing the desired results.
2) he is as bad as there has ever been in football at 1st and goal or 2nd and goal from the +1 yard line or inside. It is a HUGE FLAW in his overall philosophy it the game of football and Dabo needs to step in and make an executive decision at this point that anytime we are in that situation, from now until the end of time, we will line up under center and run a qb sneak until we score.
Chads philosophy has already cost us an ACC championship and playoff birth this year when we lost to FSU and it #### near cost us the game yesterday. Enough is enough!

Oct 12, 2014, 10:26 AM

Morris is a good coach who changed things quite a bit around here. Should he be gone/fired...NO! BUT the dude is getting paid 1.3 million dollars a year and he is making some really stupid decisions against good opponents in tight games. In fact he makes those decisions in other games as well, but we blow those teams out like we should and it doesn't stand out. If you can give him credit it is for helping us win games we should and for his offense attracting top notch talent...Rob Spence anyone?

In all fairness he deserves some criticism...actually he deserves quite a bit for the tight games. Like someone said if we lose that game yesterday, then there a couple items to really take issue with. But we won...how about that defense?

II'm really disappointed in the short yardage play calling

Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 AM

Could have had 11 more points when we were on the goal line.

Seriously? You want to fire Brownell and you think you

Oct 12, 2014, 11:42 AM

should rule in on football coaches now?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1221407&tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Thats actually really creepy. Stay way from the children.***

Oct 12, 2014, 12:12 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic