Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm reading posts lately saying that Brownell is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I'm reading posts lately saying that Brownell is

Feb 17, 2020, 1:17 PM

"coaching harder because his job is on the line" and "showing more emotion."

LOL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Link???***

Feb 17, 2020, 1:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link???***

Feb 17, 2020, 2:19 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Im-noticing-more-fire-out-of-Brownell-1979924?tstart=60

Clemson

Seems like that would have been an excellent thread to post

Feb 17, 2020, 2:21 PM

the reply?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I totally agree that he is coaching with more emotion

Feb 17, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Link???*** ]

nowhere have I seen coaching harder for his job.

I saw where an official was telling Brad to calm down some during the first half, that's the first time I have ever really seen that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

No offense, but you haven't been paying attention.

Feb 17, 2020, 2:25 PM

He is always into the game, coaching hard and reacting to bad calls when they happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You have zero idea how much attention I pay

Feb 17, 2020, 3:05 PM

and have no room to comment about it either. That's you trying to take a shot at someone which seems to be your MO anyway.

I watch the games thoroughly and even attend some in person. I have seen him get on the refs very few times and super mild at that. Yes he coaches hard or yells a lot as he calls plays in whichever you want to call it. If what I saw this weekend continues, it is a good sign of change in him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

You seem pretty sensitive about this.

Feb 17, 2020, 3:19 PM

I'm sorry my post offended you. I prefaced my comment with "no offense" so that you hopefully wouldn't be upset.

More specifically, your previous post stated the following:

"I totally agree that he is coaching with more emotion. nowhere have I seen coaching harder for his job. I saw where an official was telling Brad to calm down some during the first half, that's the first time I have ever really seen that."

From my perspective, it should be obvious to anyone who has been watching closely that emotion isn't something Brownell lacks. He is usually standing up and very involved in what's going on. He often yells out instructions to his players. He doesn't get in refs' faces to the point of technical fouls, but he frequently questions calls.

TigerNet likes to talk about how boring he is, as if he sits on his hands all game and rarely says or does anything. I don't see how anyone who is objective about him could conclude that. I am not stating or implying that you are one of those people, but that criticism of Brownell is one that gets old, and is why I responded to your post the way I did.

To insinuate that he cares more about his or his team's performance now than he did previously ("nowhere have I seen him coaching harder for his job") seems unfair. Maybe you meant it as a positive, in that he's coaching our players hard. But from my view, he's always coached hard. He doesn't need a big game or a possible loss of job to motivate him.

I'm glad we can both agree that we are pleased with what we've seen from our team lately, including Coach Brownell.

No offense JK but

Feb 17, 2020, 3:41 PM

you are a raging jackwad.

If you think for a second that by whatever means (DRad, people trying to help him in his inner circle, his wife, reading, TV, etc, etc, etc) CBB hasn't POSSIBLY been told that "at times, it doesn't seem like you even care - you need to show emotion if you want to keep your job" . . . . and then he adjusts - because, well, you know - wanting to keep his job & paycheck & all because ain't NO BODY gonna come rushing to scoop him up at his current pay rate . . . . then, no offense, you are dumb.

The guy definitely looked & acted different on Saturday.

Compare Saturday to Wake and tell me that is the same guy.

It unequivocally is not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Feb 17, 2020, 4:48 PM

I disagree with it wholeheartedly.

If you want to believe that Brad was threatened by his boss prior to the Louisville game to show more emotion if he wants to keep his job, knock yourself out. I think that's ludicrous.

Do you really think DRad threatened him last week with termination based on a perceived lack of emotion? If you think outward emotion is related to how much someone cares about something, then, no offense, you don't know much about human behavior.

If you think that he decided to show more emotion based on something he read or saw on TV, then I have some lovely oceanfront property in Kansas you might be interested in buying.

Re: You seem pretty sensitive about this.

Feb 18, 2020, 7:08 AM [ in reply to You seem pretty sensitive about this. ]

I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing at your post. Y-O-U are the one who is way too sensitive about Brad and any posts questioning if he is right for us. In fact you are so sensitive people in here question if you are Brad's wife, his mother or Brad himself.

I don't have a problem with people questioning Brad

Feb 18, 2020, 12:05 PM

or the job he's done.

My personal belief is that he has done a good job based on the uphill battle he's had to fight, and the disadvantages he's had at Clemson. It's hard for me to understand how anyone who keeps up with Clemson basketball and is aware of those challenges could be so hard on the guy, but I don't take it personally if people think he stinks.

the "disadvantages" are no different then they've ever been, and in fact

Feb 18, 2020, 7:26 PM

theyre much, much less than the previous coaches who have proven one can be successful at Clemson.

I don’t recall any of our previous coaches having an ACC

Feb 18, 2020, 10:23 PM

with ACC powers such as UNC, Duke, Virginia, etc., plus Louisville, Syracuse, etc.

I also don’t recall those coaches coaching in an era with so many good teams in college basketball - not just the big conferences, but mid-majors as well.

Those guys also didn’t coach in an era where player perks and facilities are what they are today. This is an entitled generation of young people, way more than in the past. We didn’t have the transfer market like we do now, nor the one and done stuff.

It’s way different today than it was for Barnes at Clemson, and even a lot different than it was for Purnell here.

Keep telling yourself that Brownell has it easy though.

if you’re speaking of the disadvantage he has at coaching at an acc school,

Feb 18, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to I don't have a problem with people questioning Brad ]

then, yes.

Message was edited by: theclash®

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Whatever, I think the Naples trip really started a

Feb 17, 2020, 1:56 PM

turnaround with BB & players who are hungry and gritty plus the development of leadership by Amir. Last year's team did not have such a leader.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever, I think the Naples trip really started a

Feb 17, 2020, 2:07 PM

with so many new guys I think the summer play was critical for us. We had a summer trip a few years ago to Spain which was also helpful. I think you can only do it every 4 years or so

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We really needed Reed and/or Mitchell to be vocal leaders

Feb 17, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Whatever, I think the Naples trip really started a ]

last year, and that is not their nature.

Eli tried to take on some of that role, but it wasn't enough.

Eli's inconsistency on the floor, including foul issues at times, plus Shelton's chronic knee issues, limited their performance last year. Reed was the only one of our "big three" to have reasonable consistency last year, and as mentioned, he is naturally a more quiet guy.

It has been great to see Simms take on the leadership role this year. I like that he can be a vocal leader and contribute on the court without having to be our leading scorer every game.

So Gabe Devoe was a vocal leader the year before?

Feb 18, 2020, 7:27 PM

No

Do you even like sports? ***

Feb 17, 2020, 2:07 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm reading posts lately saying that Brownell is

Feb 17, 2020, 2:10 PM

What did he say about it? We know he is sitting right beside you.

Feb 17, 2020, 2:29 PM

IDK, we finally have another a coach that hates Carolina as much as we do. And shut them up to prove it.

Granted, channeling a bit of Barnes, but I will take a win over noise.

Interesting. Normally you are good for a 3-page statistical

Feb 17, 2020, 2:30 PM

diatribe railing against an observation but for this you settle for "LOL."

LOL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, it isn't really worth putting a lot of time and

Feb 17, 2020, 2:58 PM

effort into a post when the chances are good that it will be misinterpreted and/or ruthlessly criticized.

You're right, it is pretty funny

Feb 17, 2020, 2:46 PM

since he still really hasn't showed much emotion or coached any harder.

^^ Another poster who doesn't pay attention.***

Feb 17, 2020, 2:59 PM

Feb 17, 2020, 7:38 PM

Judge, your enthusiasm for our BBall program reminds me of the old saying "You can't see the forest for the trees". You may be too close to our program to be able to actually see the problems both short-term and long-term. While eventually you might actually finally be correct in your analysis, I cannot fathom the failed business decisions that CLEMSON fans have had to endure for 10 years. There should have been a coaching change at least 4-5 years ago.

But, good luck to the TIGERS, and let's hope that future opponents continue to have a hard time getting up for our games. Try to imagine how hard it is for our football team to get up for most of our opponents week after week. Good teams can use CLEMSON as a week to rest while preparing to make their upcoming run at the ACC Championship. If I'm Duke, UL, or FSU facing CLEMSON, I'm going to take a night off and not play at 100%.

I'm not seeing how keeping Brad this long equates to failed

Feb 17, 2020, 9:17 PM

business decisions on the part of Clemson.

Our men's basketball program is profitable every year, and helps support all of the other sports at Clemson not named football. New basketball facilities were built during these last 10 years as a result of funds raised, much of which was due to Brad Brownell meeting with donors and selling his vision for Clemson basketball.

If we're going to talk from a business perspective, we should be talking about a baseball program that loses money despite a lot of money spent on it; a softball program that required millions of dollars in up front costs to construct a stadium; and a host of other sports on campus that take money from the athletic department funds without giving a whole lot.

So what was his vision back then? Do you really think the product

Feb 17, 2020, 10:44 PM

is meeting that vision?

Re: So what was his vision back then? Do you really think the product

Feb 17, 2020, 11:02 PM

I’m sure his Vision is the same. I’m sure he thinks the results could be better.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe his vision is to make us a competitive program

Feb 18, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to So what was his vision back then? Do you really think the product ]

that challenges for an NCAA Tournament berth every year.

To do that, he needed several key things which he didn't have when he was hired. He finally has most of those things in place. From a business perspective, I believe he deserves ample time to show what he can do with those resources in place.

What didn't he have when he was hired that previous successful

Feb 18, 2020, 7:29 PM

coaches did?

Re: What didn't he have when he was hired that previous successful

Feb 18, 2020, 8:06 PM

Tolerance for bagmen?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're joking, right??***

Feb 18, 2020, 8:13 PM

Re: You're joking, right??***

Feb 18, 2020, 8:16 PM

We’re you with your question?

Re: You're joking, right??***

Feb 18, 2020, 10:00 PM

All these TD’s are killing me Visio, pfffttt! ??

Judge Keller®

And there you go again...

Feb 18, 2020, 7:30 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic