Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pretty disappointed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Pretty disappointed

Oct 8, 2015, 2:44 PM

I've always been one to stick up for the students. Especially since it's only been 2 years since I was in school in Clemson. But after talking to a lot of the people I normally go to games with/tailgate with (50-60, most are current students) a lot of people are skipping this game. Fall break, more rain, not thinking GT is a big game like ND are all answers I've heard. I'm 21 years old and haven't missed a home game since 2001. I don't care if we're playing Charleston College for the Blind in a foot of snow, I'm going to be in Death Valley. Unless for obvious reasons like a death in the family, get your butt to the Valley. We only get 7 of these each year and you never know when it's going to be your last trip to God's Country. Go tigers and beat GT!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty disappointed

Oct 8, 2015, 3:02 PM

I don't blame the students from out of town. Many have not seen their families since mid-August.

Now those from the area and other ticket holders that don't go, I agree, I am disappointed in them. This is a HUGE game.

But, I still have faith that we will be LOUD!!!!

Maybe their familes should come see them....

Oct 8, 2015, 3:08 PM

And yell the whole game!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they want to go they will, if they don't want to

Oct 8, 2015, 3:06 PM

should they? Mandatory attendance to a game don't seem right to me.

Don't recall him saying it was mandatory***

Oct 9, 2015, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I'm pretty disappointed with Tigernet actually

Oct 8, 2015, 3:08 PM

All people do on here is whine about what the student section does? C'mon guys. That student section was packed an hour before kick off for the ND game and stayed packed the whole game in horrible weather.

If you want to fill those empty seats, then find some friends. The point of living in the US is that you can do whatever you want to. I want to attend the game, so I'll be there this weekend. I however do not feel the desire to whine about what the student section does.

Now you've started it, these armchair quarterbacks will sit

Oct 8, 2015, 3:10 PM

at home and b!tch on tigernet because they feel like they're more entitled to those seats. I don't see how anyone could miss this game and I'm sure as he'll going to be in my seats 45 minutes before kick but that's just me. Some students aren't from South Carolina and fall break is their only chance to see family and after how great the hill and student section was last week I sure as he'll can't see how anyone could really say anything. Remember the morons that said we had already lost our home field advantage and that there would be more ND fans because no Clemson fans were showing up including the ones whining? Death Valley will be rocking fall break or not. Even on fall breaks on the weekends of small games it's almost completely full so I'm sure it will be alright.

Many of my friends not going are volunteering

Oct 8, 2015, 3:11 PM

With organizations to help the people that lost their way of life to the floods. Others are going home to help their families try to recover from the floods. Attending a football game is important, but many students have much more important things going on right now.

No one I know of that is staying in Clemson is skipping the game. We realize how much of a trap game this is and students still on campus are planning to go. Don't worry, The Valley will still be loud.

Oct 8, 2015, 3:19 PM

For the record:

I have skipped both a funeral and a wedding to go to a Clemson home game. Priorities people.

First off don't schedule your wedding during football season. IDGAF how well I know you, Clemson first.

Second, the decedent would have been at the game if he could have been.

The TEAM needs our support to prevent a let-down!!!

Oct 8, 2015, 3:26 PM

I'll be there doing my best to help save our season...

....WE CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THIS GAME!

*****for this to be a Championship Season, the team needs Championship Fans*****

GO TIGERS --- CLEMSON ROCKS!!!!!!! TIGERS ROLL!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep I figured that would happen when I realized Clemson's

Oct 8, 2015, 3:34 PM

fall break was over the GT game weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'm disappointed in the alumni

Oct 8, 2015, 3:44 PM

the ones who show up to games and sit the entire time in their seats between the 30s, only yell on defense if it's 3rd down, don't return from their halftime tailgates until halfway through the 3rd quarter, and then have the audacity to complain about the student section.

Maybe they should set a better example.

I am near

Oct 8, 2015, 3:47 PM

the 10 yard line

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

You're probably OK then***

Oct 8, 2015, 3:48 PM

1/3 of Clemson students are from out of state.

Oct 8, 2015, 3:47 PM

Many are from a long way away and have not seen their families since early August. They deserve some family time if they so choose. As fun as football games are, they shouldn't trump family.

You said "you never know when it's going to be your last trip to God's country." In the same vein, you never know when it will be your last chance to see a family member either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: 1/3 of Clemson students are from out of state.

Oct 8, 2015, 11:28 PM

Touché. But I guess I'm just different. I wasn't from out of state, I lived about 2 hours away from Clemson but my family knew I wouldn't miss a game to come home. I NEVER went home during football season but I'm cut from a different cloth I guess. I'm not dissing anyone though. Like I said, I've ALWAYS stuck up for the students. I guess I'm just more disappointed in my group in general. Oh well, I'll be here loud and proud. GO TIGERS

I am in your same boat, and nobody is coming to my tailgate.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:10 PM

I usually have 30-40.

Not all go to the game. I will however be there. Me and the wifey.

Oct 9, 2015, 8:44 AM

This is my son that posted this... I guess he learned from his dad that has not missed a Clemson game played in Death Valley since 1972...

Well done, Dad. Seriously.***

Oct 9, 2015, 8:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Well done, Dad. Seriously.***

Oct 9, 2015, 8:58 AM

Thanks... I'm very thankful to the Good Lord... There is no place on earth like Clemson... See yall tomorrow... GO TIGERS !

Re: Well done, Dad. Seriously.***

Oct 9, 2015, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Well done, Dad. Seriously.*** ]

I owe it all to my Dad. He's been taking me to games since before I could walk and having me to the cadence count my entire childhood. Hope to be half the man he is when I grow up. And hope to just see half the games that man has been to! Haha GO TIGERS

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic