Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I LOATHE Joe Tessitore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I LOATHE Joe Tessitore

Nov 1, 2020, 8:59 AM

but, personally, I thought that was pretty cool for him yesterday. Maybe you have to be a Dad to appreciate it, but that was neat.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I LOATHE Joe Tessitore

Nov 1, 2020, 9:01 AM

This is how I feel about him--watched with no sound for the second half.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I did EXACTLY the same thing!

Nov 1, 2020, 9:02 AM

Not even joking.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did EXACTLY the same thing!

Nov 1, 2020, 9:10 AM

Enough is enough

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Didn’t his kicker Son fool us into being offsides & got 1st down..

Nov 1, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I LOATHE Joe Tessitore ]

which set up the next play for a passing TD?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. That's what I was talking about.***

Nov 1, 2020, 9:05 AM

Nov 1, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I LOATHE Joe Tessitore ]

Great moment for him.I could tell he was biting his tongue.Im sure Death Valley will always be dear to their family's heart after Sat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 12:33 PM

If that was him biting his tongue he had to have changed his diaper at halftime...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why ever listen to the TV guys?

Nov 1, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I LOATHE Joe Tessitore ]

If I’m watching at home I mute them and stream our guys on WCCP. Slight delay but it’s easy to sync up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I LOATHE Joe Tessitore ]

YOU AND ME BOTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 7:38 PM

I do not like Tessitore at all. I've listened to him broadcast quite a few games and I find him to always be one-sided in his take on every game. He most often comes across to me as a well compensated PR guy for the entire SEC and most especially Bama, LSU, Florida and Georgia

As is often the case when I am watching a game from home, I muted the commentary throughout our game. I do not need commentary to tell me what the guys in the booth think or have to say about every play. Usually if Clemson is playing, I'm in the stands and I enjoy the games perfectly well without commentary from people who generally speaking know less about our team than I do. In the year of Covid, I'm not going to the games.

When I do watch a game on TV and try to listen to the commentary, I inevitably become critical of the talking heads. It's like sitting next to a guy I don't like at a game.

If you don't like Tessitore, or anyone else, just mute them. They do no enhance the games for me.

Tessitore's son was playing? I had no idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 9:12 AM

I like that he went home disappointed. I hope they made him wear his little BC cheerleader skirt on the plane all the way home

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beth Mowins

Nov 1, 2020, 9:14 AM

Would have been a better alternative.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beth Mowins

Nov 1, 2020, 9:21 AM

No!

Re: Beth Mowins

Nov 1, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Beth Mowins ]

I'd rather hear a jack hammer in operation than Mowins

Lol, let's not get carried away. ;)***

Nov 1, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Beth Mowins ]

Got a problem with females working in sports?

Nov 1, 2020, 12:29 PM

I don’t.

Guess you have to be a Dad to understand.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure don't

Nov 1, 2020, 12:39 PM

She's just not very good at her job.

I have 2 daughters and I'm a liberal. You are barking up the wrong tree.

A liberal.

Nov 1, 2020, 12:43 PM

LOL

You know. People that care about people other than

Nov 1, 2020, 12:50 PM

themselves or their money.

...or at least pretend to.

Nov 1, 2020, 1:07 PM

Then reality tells a different story.

So liberals can't be sexist? You really do need to get out

Nov 1, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Sure don't ]

more

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you're a sexist too?***

Nov 1, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Lol, let's not get carried away. ;)*** ]

Nov 1, 2020, 9:23 AM

Were they live in the stadium or remote somewhere?

They were in the stadium.***

Nov 1, 2020, 9:38 AM

Did I miss something?

Nov 1, 2020, 9:25 AM

I hat happened?

Here is the video...He got to call a big play for his son

Nov 1, 2020, 9:35 AM

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30229852

Re: Here is the video...He got to call a big play for his son

Nov 1, 2020, 9:52 AM

He’s a paid professional. I don’t care about the call on his son’s play. He gets that one for free no questions asked. But the rest of the game??? I thought his bias for BC and against Clemson was screamingly obvious......and yes, UNPROFESSIONAL.

If we gotta listen to a paid homer for commentary, let’s have one of our player’s dad.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:34 AM

I think you and I were watching different ball games. I’m a Clemson grad and I like Joe Tessitore and enjoy him calling our games and he was nothing but professional yesterday and had nothing but high praise for Clemson the entire time. Some of you people are delusional.

Now I will agree that Gary Danielson is a total ### hat and even when he’s covering somebody other than Georgia or Alabama all he does is talk about Georgia and Alabama especially Alabama because that guy is the biggest SEC & Alabama homer & sycophant this side of Paul Finebaum!!

Nov 1, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is the video...He got to call a big play for his son ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 1, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Here is the video...He got to call a big play for his son ]

So basically his son and the BC special teams unit were rewarded a 1st down by getting away with illegal motion to draw Clemson offsides.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:09 AM

Was he biased towards BC yesterday? Probably. But I generally hate any announcer when we’re losing so that’s my bias.

My main point criticism is his voice. He over annunciates and gets way too loud and dramatic when it’s not necessarily a moment which calls for it. He sounds amateur.

Not sure if anyone will remember this, but around 1992 CBS Sports had a truck parked in front of the Student Union (Tillman side) where you would go in and announce a portion of a game as a promotion. They gave you a VHS tape of your call.

I went in with a buddy and called a Kirby Puckett home run saving catch in the 1991 World Series. First, you listen to Jack Buck call it for real. Then you do it yourself.

Anyway, Joe Tessitore is what I sound like on that tape. Someone who is yelling and trying way to hard to sound like a natural pro, but it’s just not quite working.

First time I’ve ever muted announcers. It wasn’t just the fact

Nov 1, 2020, 10:37 AM

that he was giddy about a possible upset. It was the obnoxious way he kept resetting the game. “The NUMBER ONE TEAM...down by EIGHTEEN...at HOME...”. Over and over. It was the kind of stuff you would say with one minute to go in the game but he said it in the second quarter.

Agree that I’m sure that was neat for him, but like I said, I have never muted a broadcast before yesterday. It was that annoying.

null

I bet he would be man enough to admit he was wrong if he

Nov 1, 2020, 12:01 PM

shot his mouth off and talked out of his ###...So he's got that on you Clemsonjoe®

I'm not wrong.***

Nov 1, 2020, 12:39 PM

Then it should be extremely easy to produce the requested

Nov 1, 2020, 12:58 PM

links...But I've yet to see them and I have certainly asked repeatedly...So either you're a liar or you're too busy molesting children to produce them...That's how it works right Clemsonjoe® ?

Nov 1, 2020, 12:23 PM

Made the mistake of not muting until is was 28-10 - hit the mute just in time for the comeback

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic