»
Topic: I’m not worried
Replies: 4   Last Post: Sep 9, 2018 12:59 AM by: Grousedog
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

I’m not worried

[4]
Posted: Sep 8, 2018 11:24 PM

TAMU lived up to their 12th man reputation. Mond was all World, sacked 4 times, pressured all night and continued to deliver.

On the bright side. They couldn’t run to save their life. Check the top 25. Nobody is playing a tough out of conference road game the 2nd week of the season, nobody........except Clemson (ehhhh maybe Michigan St). It will pay dividends down the road. No injuries in a very physical game. Tons of room to learn and we leave Texas with the “W”.

We’ll be fine. The biggest difference I see in Dabo’s teams versus every other Clemson Coach since Ford? Dabo’s teams get better as the year goes on

Re: I’m not worried

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 11:28 PM

I agree 100%.

2019 purple level member

Re: I’m not worried

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 11:34 PM

Certainly plenty for the coaches and players to learn from in this one. Remember Dabo said over and over all week that TAMU was something of a mystery team. The Tiger secondary looked mystified. Better early in the year than November. Hopefully, they'll be able to work out the kinks. GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!

Mond was good

[1]
Posted: Sep 8, 2018 11:49 PM

And their receivers were quite WRU-ish...pretty impressive. There did seem to be some communication issues in the secondary...lots of film to learn from.

On another point, ask yourselves this: how many top programs or, heck, any, sticks to its' plans to sub the way this staff handles the Tiger team? I can't recall a team that, yes, wants to win, yet EQUALLY rewards effort with playing time regardless the opponent...and is fearless about letting players experience crunch-time playing on the road. That's invaluable...absolutely invaluable.

Bump. Great post. Go Tigers!****

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 12:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
956 people have read this post