Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 5% of CFB players who are talented and want to be paid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,507

The 5% of CFB players who are talented and want to be paid

Apr 30, 2020, 9:09 AM

Are allowed to do so outside of the NCAA. However, they understand that the payment is much better at a power 5 school than the rest of the market.

Yes, every school that is making millions should be required to invest in 4 year scholarships, healthcare for players, and insurance when careers are cut short. In fact the NCAA should take a percentage of every schools gate sales to pay for these things for every NCAA athlete.

Reinvest in the athletes' future to promote education for those that want to be students. Let those that do not go elsewhere and take up their complaints with the NFL.

No matter how this turns out Dabo will still recruit Clemson Men who value their future outside of football. We may not get the most talented recruits chasing a paycheck. We will get players who want to play for their teammates, coachs and most importantly their University.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: The 5% of CFB players who are talented and want to be paid

Apr 30, 2020, 10:23 AM

As mentioned on here before, this will increase roster management issues. A QB that’s getting $1million a year in endorsements as a college athlete is not going to be popular amongst his OL and RBs that are getting $1k in endorsements. This is a whole other element of the issue that I believe Dabo and few others will be prepared to handle. SEC will treat it as sink or swim, and work hard to get their players the biggest payouts they can, but this will cause division amongst teammates. Will be interesting.

Go Tigers!

I'm not sure i agree with that

Apr 30, 2020, 10:28 AM

If that were true i think there would already be a lot of division among those guys. There are already plenty of things an OL could be jealous of when compared to a star QB like Trevor Lawrence. And they manage to make it work in the NFL where there are QBs making $30+ million per year and other guys making a fraction of that.

Re: The 5% of CFB players who are talented and want to be paid

Apr 30, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: The 5% of CFB players who are talented and want to be paid ]

Yeah having the QB driving a Ferrari to practice every day, while his teammates are broke as you know what, will be tough for some college aged guys to deal with. Guess they might as well get over having their relative poverty rubbed in their faces though because 98% of them won't ever get a dime in endorsement money.

The 5% will get paid when they are drafted by the NFL, why

May 1, 2020, 9:06 AM

Why should they get paid before that?

Those in the 5% depend on those in the 95% to get them to the point that the NFL is ready to pay.

The 5% should be content in the knowledge that the big money is coming if they’re good enough.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,507
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic