Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swofford is Only “Present“ Commissioner that’s grad of a school within that conference.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,237

Swofford is Only “Present“ Commissioner that’s grad of a school within that conference.

Jun 25, 2020, 1:40 PM

Saying, that has not been kosher and should never be done again..whether it affected his business decisions or not!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it has affected his business decisions

Jun 25, 2020, 1:49 PM

along with his nepotism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nepotism?

Jun 25, 2020, 1:55 PM

You saying he also has the sexess with ded people?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I'm not saying that

Jun 25, 2020, 2:00 PM

But I'm not not saying that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Swofford is Only Commissioner that’s grad of a school within that conference.

Jun 25, 2020, 2:38 PM

It has aways bothered me that Clemson voted for this guy. Especially considering the way the ACC had been run by the NC power block of 4 schools previously. I dont think Clemson could have necessarily stopped the nomination but to go along meekly was downright wrong. They have let him continue to run roughshod- girdlegate, and the UNC academic fraud as examples. I would hope going forward Clemson starts to look out for their own interests and drop this meek acquiescence which has gotten us nothing but run over in the past.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not even the half of it...

Jun 25, 2020, 2:47 PM

The deals he made to get Boston College in the league while his son was employed by the school and then the other deals he made with his fellow-UNCheat alum and buddy at Raycom to keep them included in the conferences TV deals, again, all while his son was working for the network.

All of this screams of nepotism and cronyism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

every commish has had in-conference school ties

Jun 25, 2020, 3:17 PM

Weaver was AD at Wake
James went to Maryland
Corrigan went to Dook and coached at UVA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having ties is one thing...

Jun 25, 2020, 4:16 PM

but being an alum is an entirely different matter.

In addition to being the AD at Wake, I believe James H. Weaver (1954 to 1970) was also the head football coach.

Robert James (1971-1987) as you pointed out, played football at Maryland

Gene Corrigan (1987-1997) was Duke LAX player, and John Swofford was UNCheat football player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: every commish has had in-conference school ties

Jun 25, 2020, 6:20 PM [ in reply to every commish has had in-conference school ties ]

And that--Sir--is a problem for future progress. You do not need the top executive in place that has had ties to any of the member institutions as a student or employee.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,237
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic