Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Opposing sideline: Maryland dealing with injury issues again this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,441

Front Page Story: Opposing sideline: Maryland dealing with injury issues again this season

Oct 23, 2013, 10:43 AM

Opposing sideline: Maryland dealing with injury issues again this season

Perhaps no team in the ACC has been hit harder by injuries over the last two seasons than the Maryland Terrapins, and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said earlier this week that it made it hard to prepare when you are unsure which players you will be facing. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably karma for being Maryland.***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:44 AM

I'm not getting sucked into this storyline that seems to...

Oct 23, 2013, 12:13 PM

...imply that this is going to be a repeat of last year's game with the Terps in DV.

I fully expect this Turtle team to be MORE THAN READY to take out a final pound of flesh from the Tiger football team before their long trip to blustery plains of Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska next year.

The Terps will have had a plate of nasty crab cakes fed to them leading up to this game. The Tigers need to deliver a final going away gift of "No More Crab Cakes In The ACC!"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Wait a minute?!?!

Oct 23, 2013, 12:41 PM

I thought every game was against a "nameless and faceless opponent"??? I could care less who is on the otherside of the line of scrimmage. Line up, punch them in the face, help them off the ground, repeat......

Nameless and faceless in terms of playing up or down

Oct 23, 2013, 1:38 PM

to your competition. You still need to create a game plan for your opponent's scheme. Playing Duke is not the same as playing GT. Each team is unique, but in terms of level of effort in your preparation all teams are the same. You put an equal amount of effort into each week to face the scheme of your nameless and faceless opponent.

Re: Nameless and faceless in terms of playing up or down

Oct 23, 2013, 1:54 PM

If lining up and playing was all there is to it, then film study is a waste if time and money. Most coaches would not agree with this theory.

Re: Nameless and faceless in terms of playing up or down

Oct 23, 2013, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Nameless and faceless in terms of playing up or down ]

I agree, but you missed the point. Dabo was talking about the actual player that would play the position not the scheme. He actually said "Schematically, we see who they are, but they have new guys".

My point is that it doesn't matter who mans the position and this is what Dabo preaches. Like you said "equal effort...to face the scheme of your nameless and faceless opponent".

I also understand that you will exploit weaknesses of a team and that is directly affected by it's personell at times.

Don't misunderstand, I think Dabo is the best thing that has happened to Clemson University in a long time (maybe ever) and I fully support him. Just seemed a little contradictory to me. Obviously, if they are nameless and faceless it doesn't matter who is in the position, only the scheme, and he says they know the scheme.

Well . . .

Oct 23, 2013, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Wait a minute?!?! ]

getting walloped by 37 by a "nameless" opponent sort of changes things, I guess.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,441
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic