Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm not a big Rex Ryan fan, but sometimes....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

I'm not a big Rex Ryan fan, but sometimes....

Dec 30, 2019, 10:18 AM

.... he and I agree, so he's okay then.

This morning on Get Up he and Dan Orlowsky both said they would pick Lawrence over Burrow. Not sure of the context. They could have been talking about the game in New Orleans, could have been talking about NFL prospect. But, both said glowing things about TL.

Then Ryan really went off on the OU defense. ("Lincoln, when you come to Dallas don't bring that guy (OU DC) with you.") Then he went off about how horrible the defensive scheme was (man free, single high deep, safeties playing 12 yards off the slot receiver, etc.) and then said, "Brent Venables will never be that stupid" (paraphased by me). He then talked a little more about the OU defense, the two quarterbacks and said, "Venables will be the difference in the game."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a big Rex Ryan fan, but sometimes....

Dec 30, 2019, 10:21 AM

I find it interesting how Okla has struggled on D and yet where did we get the best DC in the business? From Okla. Stoops blew it big time letting BV get away and apparently no one at Okla heard a word he said back when he was there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without his brother to protect his job...

Dec 30, 2019, 10:24 AM

there is a reason Lincoln Riley fired him in 2018.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: To Be Honest And Not Biased ---

Dec 30, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not a big Rex Ryan fan, but sometimes.... ]

I don't believe Venables would have gotten the same caliber of athletes thats been on Clemson's defense over the years to come to Oklahoma. They would have very good players but I just think Clemson's atmosphere just brings in a different kind of group year in and out.

Schemes have a bit to do with it as well as winning consistently. But the individuals that fit Venables' criterias are just a little better in this region.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a big Rex Ryan fan, but sometimes....

Dec 30, 2019, 10:22 AM

He loves Clemson for sure. Wasn't his son on the team a couple years ago?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a big Rex Ryan fan, but sometimes....yes

Dec 30, 2019, 10:29 AM

holder and wr beefore Will as I recall. I think one of Rob's sons was also a walk on for the team for a while

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic