Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The thing that really gets me about Trump supporters...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 767

The thing that really gets me about Trump supporters...

May 31, 2020, 10:15 AM

Is they were, as a whole, way more outraged by Colin Kaepernick taking a knee than they were about the cop taking a knee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reddit, meme, or lightbulb that went off in the shower?

May 31, 2020, 10:26 AM

I don’t think it’s true, but pretty good one liner. FBCoachSC®, this is how you do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean Kaepernick was called an SOB by the president

May 31, 2020, 10:31 AM

Have yet to see such colorful language used by him about a murderous cop.

You’ve also got a load of his supporters here making sure that we don’t lump in white supremacists with the riffraff causing destruction in cities.

I’m ruling in Carlsbad®‘s favor on this one.

Nope, couldn’t disagree more.

May 31, 2020, 10:42 AM

I have yet to see anyone in any numbers saying “you know, I’m sure that cop had a good reason for kneeling on his neck that long”. Everyone I’ve heard thinks he’s a bad cop who deserves what he’s getting.

Starting some narrative that there’s a whit of sympathy towards him by “Trump supporters” is incredibly destructive straw-manning, and you’re part of the problem if you do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should I screen cap the folks on Facebook arguing

May 31, 2020, 10:43 AM

Floyd died of natural causes?

MY ANCEDOTAL EVIDENCE IS BETTER THAN YOUR

May 31, 2020, 10:44 AM

ANCEDOTAL EVIDENCE!!

Pretty much.***

May 31, 2020, 10:45 AM

1) Yes, I would like to see that and 2) My goodness, who are you FB friends with?

May 31, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Should I screen cap the folks on Facebook arguing ]

Honestly, I know this might sound fringy, but if it’s not someone you know making that claim, I’d be hesitant to believe it’s real. Not to say that there isn’t “someone” who believes that, but it’s pretty insincere to take one or two FB posts and say “See? This is what Trump supporters believe.”

null

Re: Reddit, meme, or lightbulb that went off in the shower?

May 31, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Reddit, meme, or lightbulb that went off in the shower? ]

I was just starting a thread for reaction. I thought it was amusing.

Well, with the ones I know...

Jun 1, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Reddit, meme, or lightbulb that went off in the shower? ]

They were definitely more angry at Kaepernick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

^^^Doesn't know any^^^***

Jun 1, 2020, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, with the ones I know...

Jun 1, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Well, with the ones I know... ]

They're also more concerned with Bill De Blasio's daughter, and that's just today in Tnet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: The thing that really gets me about Trump supporters...

May 31, 2020, 10:31 AM

This is the exact same creation of a cartoon position of the opposite political party that the Trump people do all the time. Nobody, like no single person outside of Fox News article comment sections, would even remotely defend the cop.

Staying home instead of breaking windows and looting apple stores isn’t tacit acceptance of police murdering people.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only “defense” of the cop would be the defense of due process...

May 31, 2020, 10:49 AM

Which we should all support. All indications are that this cop is facing serious criminal charges and deserves it, but the mob doesn’t decide this. Social Justice Warriors on Social Media don’t decide it.

null

Re: The only “defense” of the cop would be the defense of due process...

May 31, 2020, 11:13 AM

We watched it. That is my due process.

Yes, that is literally the court of public opinion.***

May 31, 2020, 11:26 AM

null

Re: Yes, that is literally the court of public opinion.***

May 31, 2020, 11:57 AM

Swarley said:

I know. C'mon, Carslbad...are you really advocating a lynching here? That's exactly what we don't need.

It's not supposed to be on us, the public, to administer justice. The system - with all its flaws, granted - is supposed to handle the guy, and it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen since he's aleady in custody with a complaint already drawn up against him...and I don't see a jury anywhere springing this guy with all the video evidence we've already seen.

Add Chauvin's history of eighteen public complaints to that and he starts looking even more hosed. But at the end of the day the legal system - not we the angry mob - are supposed to be the ones sorting this out.

Hopefully justice works as it's supposed to here...but it certainly won't if we're the ones administering it, no?

May 31, 2020, 11:58 AM

Sorry, BTW...apologies for misspelling "Carlsbad." It wasn't intentional.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Yes, that is literally the court of public opinion.*** ]

Court of visual fact. Kind if like Rodney King.

We think that because Antifa and the far-right are

May 31, 2020, 11:21 AM

extremist groups, they are not like us. Sentiments like this post, that take a tragic act and use it to point an accusing finger for partisan political points, is exactly where those two groups come from. They are us. And this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 11:42 AM

Wow.

I don’t know a single person that is more outraged by kaepernick.

You are simply making this up. You don’t know anyone that thinks what you claim.

Trump has called the family, requested the DOJ to expedite the investigation, stated that this shouldn’t
have happened and should never happen again, stated that justice be served, and called it a grave tragedy.

But yeah, trump called kaep a son of a #####. What a meanie.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 7:23 AM

Yeah...it is night and day. You idiots boycotted the NFL.

I’m a Trump supporter but I don’t support the officer responsible for George Floyd’s

May 31, 2020, 11:50 AM

death or Kaepernick. If you commit a crime, as it appears the officer did, you should be prosecuted to the full extent if the law. If you disrespect the flag and America you deserve the full extent of what the people that respect and honor America lay on you. Your actions are your weight to bear. That includes criminal and social behavior.

But many people want to blame someone else for people’s actions. You may be one of them. To them it’s not possible this policeman was a bad apple responsible for his own actions. The entire police department, all non people of color, and even the President of the United States was to blame. Why should we even bother to prosecute him if he is just a puppet for “the man?”

You don’t blame the rioters and anarchists for their actions. Someone mistreated them, or they are just venting anger because someone else suppressed them, or someone peed on their cornflakes. If you are an adult you are responsible for your action.

Bye the way, I’m a christian too. I believe in God and heaven. And I believe God will properly judge the officer and rioters in his time. Does that make me a racists too. I’m sure that is what your “Trump supporters” label implied.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, Trump supporter and Christian

Jun 1, 2020, 7:40 AM

How are so many “Christians” supporting this man? He goes against everything y’all are supposed to believe in. Buy hey at least he’s not a libtard, amirite?

Re: Lol, Trump supporter and Christian

Jun 1, 2020, 8:29 AM

Yep

That's a broad brush you're painting with there.

May 31, 2020, 7:18 PM

Remember the Tea Party? Not only were those marches respectful to people and property they cleaned up the area before they left. Those folks who protesting being locked down never burn anything or assaulted anyone. Even the 2nd amendments gathering at the VA statehouse was a peaceful event.

Turn on the news.

What were you saying about Trump supporters?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 7:35 PM

you dont know that, hate the man was murdered, the other guy can pound sand

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Protesters shutting down 240 up here in Asheville

May 31, 2020, 8:13 PM

Had about enough of these peaceful protests.Amazed it took this long here. We have enough left wing loons to make SF look moderate.

So yes I support DJT***

May 31, 2020, 8:15 PM

Re: Protesters shutting down 240 up here in Asheville

May 31, 2020, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Protesters shutting down 240 up here in Asheville ]

I'm not a "Trump Supporter", but I think your statement....

Jun 1, 2020, 7:24 AM

is, at best, unfounded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a "Trump Supporter", but I think your statement....

Jun 1, 2020, 3:09 PM

Very factual. Trump supporters went nuts. Kind of proved who they really are. We know now why a black guy taking a knee bothered them.

Re: I'm not a "Trump Supporter", but I think your statement....

Jun 1, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to I'm not a "Trump Supporter", but I think your statement.... ]

Tnet posts alone make it pretty well founded. I've got FB friends who are still complaining about Kaepernick right now, and they've paid approximately zero attention to the killer cop.

It's an issue of what people are concerned with.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 32
| visibility 767
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic