Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Decision to Not Kick FG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,360

Decision to Not Kick FG

Sep 4, 2016, 1:46 PM

Just curious if any of you bozos complaining about us not kicking the field goal last night had watched the previous couple of snaps on extra points and field goals? There were several High snaps and I'm sure that factored into his decision as well. Snap it over the guy's head and the balls rolling down now near Midfield. It could have been kpicked up and ran back then.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Decision to Not Kick FG

Sep 4, 2016, 1:53 PM

This is all I'm saying about that decision.
1st of all when is the last time a Clemson team had a FG ran back?
2nd it was a short FG not a 50+ yarder.
Any time you can put a game away with pts you do it.
If Gallman stays in bounds, no you don't kick it.
But with 40 secs it's a no brianer, the last FG he kicked last night was a 44 yarder .
He has been money on those short to mid range FGs.
It was stupid not to kick the FG and ice the game.

Sep 4, 2016, 2:06 PM

Totally agree. If you are the #2 team in the country, you should be able to count on making 35-40 yard field goals. Once Gallman ran out of bounds, I just knew we were going to try the FG. I was shocked when we lined up and just ran it into the line. We had a chance to put the game away and didn't do it. Had to sit there and watch 2 hail marys while holding my breath!!
Oh well, the main goal was accomplished and the coaches have a lot of things to go over and get corrected. Go Tigers!!

Sep 4, 2016, 1:56 PM

It also might have been kicked right through the uprights for 3 more points which would have killed any hope AU might have had. As it was we missed the first down, and AU stayed right on that same line of scrimmage. I believe Dabo wouldn;t make that decision again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like a special teams problem to me..may want to fix

Sep 4, 2016, 1:56 PM

that

Sep 4, 2016, 1:58 PM

Bozo the clown here - kick the dang FG. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker. TRUST your kicker.

Sep 4, 2016, 2:55 PM

Bozo here too.
If the snap or kick is so bad go find a parking lot to work on it during the game. Ridiculous not to have this be an automatic 3 points for us. What would have it been, 35 yard FG?

Made me appreciate Jim Brown all the more

Sep 4, 2016, 1:59 PM

Didn't have one bad snap all season last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Won, Who Cares

Sep 4, 2016, 2:00 PM

A win is a win. Remembering the Auburn/Alabama fiasco a couple of years ago on the Alabama field goal attempt is enough for me to leave that decision to Dabo. If we had lost, then we could second guess him. We didn't, so be it.

Re: We Won, Who Cares

Sep 4, 2016, 2:03 PM

So you are saying we might not only miss the FG, but would miss it short enough to be caught and run back from 32 yards out? Bama was kicking from 50+.

I'm not Greedy, I love WINS!!

Sep 4, 2016, 2:17 PM

There is not a game played that you can not second guess a call on several plays during a game, Coaches are paid big bucks to make decisions that they feel is correct at the time. I like Dabo and support him 100% even though I don't agree with every call. We won. Great job, coaches !!!!!!

Re: We Won, Who Cares

Sep 4, 2016, 2:12 PM [ in reply to We Won, Who Cares ]

Why care? Just because a dumb decision didn't cost us this time, doesn't mean it won't next time. The chances of a block or a run back on a chip-shot kick is extremely small. If it missed, then they get it at the same spot they did when the 4th down conversion failed. I care. I care a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Decision to Not Kick FG- yeah the blocked PAT didnt help

Sep 4, 2016, 2:04 PM

the confidence either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or not and now we'll never know.***

Sep 4, 2016, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You do realize that we had kicked two FG already

Sep 4, 2016, 2:14 PM

As for the not trying at the end, there is no "what if" that is bigger than the "Why?" Why we don't go up by 9.

All in all, I am very happy to come out with the win - thinking it was going to be harder than most. But football is a game of chance and scoring. You can't be smarter than the game intends - just score points every chance you have.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Sep 4, 2016, 2:19 PM

I can't fault the decision not to kick it because some bad things can happen ( I totally agree that the likelihood is that those things won't happen and the kicker will make the field goal ). However, I do fault the decision of Gallman not to fall down in bounds--he has got to know better that that as a senior running back! And, maybe the coaches and DeShaun didn't remind him not to go out of bounds because they thought Gallman wasn't stupid enough to do it. If Gallman stays in bounds, Auburn gets the ball with 10 seconds on the clock and not 40. Two pass plays over the middle and they never sniff the end zone. I felt like I was watching Les Miles coach the last part of the game!!!

Dude....Huegel is an All-American and an All-ACC kicker...

Sep 4, 2016, 2:24 PM

Preseason first-team All-ACC choice by Athlon and Sporting News.

Second-team All-American by Sports Illustrated.

First walk-on to earn All-America honors in Clemson history while still a walk-on.

First-team freshman All-American by USA Today.

Second-team All-ACC (media).

Third-team All-ACC (coaches).

I have never made a dime coaching football at any level but I'll go to my grave agreeing to disagree with Dabo on his decision not to kick the FG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

+1...***

Sep 4, 2016, 2:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 2:32 PM

I never knew so many of us know more about the team than Dabo does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decision made and nothings gonna change it

Sep 4, 2016, 2:33 PM

Forget it. Praise instead of criticize. We are experiencing something with Clemson football that no one else has ever experienced. Enjoy it.

Re: Decision made and nothings gonna change it

Sep 4, 2016, 3:29 PM

enjoy??? after the hype all spring and summer about our offense how can we enjoy that performance?

Sep 4, 2016, 9:51 PM

and then, and then, and then he ranked that extra point off the goal post!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 10:44 PM

If we do not have a reliable long snapper, we are not the #2 team in the nation.

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic