Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm no Urban fan, and certainly no OSU fan, but.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I'm no Urban fan, and certainly no OSU fan, but.....

Aug 1, 2018, 7:25 PM

I give pause with these situations about alleged domestic abuse, especially with alimony/child custody at stake. I've never heard of this coach Zach Smith until he was fired so he may be a guilty wife beater. I've also seen firsthand where emotions, heartbreak, greed, jealousy, pettiness, laziness or simply inconvenience can lead to something like this.

* courts are set up to protect the female, it only takes her word over his to set up protective order
* once protective order is set up, the female controls everything especially custody.
* some women AND MEN make **** up (even pictures and texts)
* some men AND WOMEN are really abusing their spouses and should face the music.

Here is where the coach really messed up....
If you have court order that specifies drop-off location, DO NOT WAIVER on this ever! Sometimes out of convenience or laziness wife will say "just drop the children off at my house--it's okay---things have calmed down now" and then..... WHAM!!! got you SUCKA! or maybe just files picture of male dropping off the kids away to use if things aren't going her way with the lawyers. When female does that judge will err on the side of caution. When male actually has video proof of female violating court order they CANNOT BE BOTHERED with hearing any motion or plea. This happens all the time. It's Sunday evening and wife is in her pajamas and doesn't feel like getting up and going down to the police station to get the kids. Or worse, its Sunday morning and wife doesn't feel like driving 3 hours one-way across the state to get the kids at the exchange point. Some will figure out a way to manipulate the situation in their favor.

Young me would automatically believe the poor abused woman and vilify the awful abuser.
Older more experienced me has seen video evidence of people from all walks of life, male and female who would think nothing of lying and ruining someone's life over a simple matter of inconvenience or pettiness. The disparity lies in the fact that the family court is set up to protect the female and even if male has video evidence to clear himself it doesn't actually get her in trouble for lying it just keeps him out of jail, for now.

If there is video evidence like Ray Rice then you've got no argument from me, they need to drop the hammer on them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Even if the allegations are proved false (highly unlikely)

Aug 1, 2018, 7:29 PM

Isn’t the lying still a valid issue?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know the whole story, wife could be the biggest liar

Aug 1, 2018, 7:32 PM

of the bunch.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

if urban meyer knew of the allegations and lied about it

Aug 1, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Even if the allegations are proved false (highly unlikely) ]

then he is as guilty as papa joe paterno was on the whole penn state fiasco.

Re: I'm no Urban fan, and certainly no OSU fan, but.....

Aug 1, 2018, 8:55 PM

Seems that Zach Smith's wife made multiple police reports and they didn't do a very good job of protecting her. If she was lying about it, then she did a LOT of lying.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/records_show_history_of_domest.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Somebody should have just stomped him absolutely silly...

Aug 1, 2018, 11:25 PM

Tell him why. It would only take once.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you allweatherfan and admire your take

Aug 1, 2018, 9:00 PM

On the situation. At the very least I don't believe in piling on or kicking a man when he's down - or woman either. I pray for this family especially the kids and hopefully nobody gains pleasure in any way over over such a sad situation. I thank God for my family.

Last Sunday the sermon was on Jesus' words "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." I don't condone ever raising your hand to a woman or a man either if it can be avoided but it's just a sad state of affairs going on now and hope it can be resolved.

Yes, I was a bouncer for a couple of years in my younger days but I regret ever taking part in that for certain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic