Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Im looking at SCAR's depth chart and have a question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Im looking at SCAR's depth chart and have a question

Jul 31, 2016, 12:58 PM

Where are they thinking the Touchdowns are gonna come from? I see a team with... some... D1 caliber starters being backed up by FCS level talent. They will struggle to match up in almost every game at every position with their competition. Honestly, i see the same team that lost at home to the Citadel but without the player they've leaned on to make a play so many times over the past 3 years. Nobody knows how the season will go, they have a great kicker, but you have to put up 6 to win games. The SEC East may be down a little bit, but where they're not lacking is on Defense. Tennessee, Florida, Georgia. Vanderbilt has 8 returning defensive starters, Miss State and A&M have 7.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Im looking at SCAR's depth chart and have a question

Jul 31, 2016, 1:01 PM

Why?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2016, 1:09 PM

I think it's funny they call it a "depth" chart. Shouldn't it be called a Wait Til Next Year chart?

not to mention that usuc has also lost (their only) all-sec

Jul 31, 2016, 1:10 PM

defensive talent in skai moore. that alone makes the defense suspect, esp. considering they had absolutely no pass rush last year. no offense AND no defense = the gamehens are in serious trouble, AGAIN.

They are banking on addition by subtraction.

Aug 1, 2016, 9:18 AM

No Whammy means a better coached defense. (At least that's what they are telling themselves, along with "Watson isn't real. Watson isn't real...")

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2016, 1:13 PM

Uhm...where are the D1-level starters again?

They literally have question marks on just about every position on the field except for the one held down by OG Zack Bailey. I think they have a pretty good placekicker too if memory serves.

Aside from that, there are NO proven answers anywhere. I'm not really being facile, either. Go position by position and take a look. I suppose you could maybe live with Deebo Samuel as your #2 or #3 wide receiver but he's their #1.

I don't know who's going to throw passes, or who's going to catch them. I don't know who's going to carry the football. I don't know who's going to run-block or pass-protect aside from the aforementioned Zack Bailey.

Who's going to pressure the passer? Dunno. Who's going to control the LOS? No clue. Who's going to stuff the run? Nada. Cover anybody? Got nothin'.

Did they get that acquitted home invader into school, the one who got booted out at UF? He was supposedly an OK corner prospect, and I do remember they got another JUCO corner who supposedly had some game. But when we're talking about acquitted home invaders and JUCO transfers as possible answers, your program is not exactly in great shape.

Jul 31, 2016, 1:17 PM

JC Jackson? Did not get in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2016, 1:37 PM

You're forgetting about Ka Boom..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since you were looking for depth

Jul 31, 2016, 1:39 PM

How much of it did you not see?

Jul 31, 2016, 2:24 PM

No, no, no, no, no!!!! You have to dump your Tiger brain and begin to think like a basement dwelling SEC punching bag. Here's how it works. Every time an SEC team scores a touchdown the Coots will claim that touchdown as their own. As a matter of fact, every good play made by every SEC team will eventually be claimed as a Coot play. That is where both their offense & their defense will come from.

Coot thinking.....because a mind is a terrible thing.

Wrong. You have not been an observer of cootndom very long.

Jul 31, 2016, 4:04 PM

The standard line is," Boom will coach'em up! ".

Re: Wrong. You have not been an observer of cootndom very long.

Jul 31, 2016, 5:04 PM

Yea yea yea, Spud is right y'all. Cause boom has a track record of really getting the most out of his talent. Exhibit A. At Florida he had 4 and 5 star talent. And they won........ wait, crap. No no they didn't win. He got fired. Ok fine. Exibit B. At SC he has 2 and 3 star talent. And that can only mean victory....... Oh wait. No never mind. I give up. They will stink badly.

I'm going to be unpopular here but, for the sake of argument

Jul 31, 2016, 4:53 PM

usuck does not have an enviable roster. no doubt. but this team was poorly coached last year and has had a lack of discipline and rigor in their practice regimens. in a great number of games last year, that poor discipline and preparedness got them into some nasty holes early in games to which, on numerous occasions i thought they were going to be blown out badly. much to my chagrin, on a great many of those occasions, they fought back to keep games within one score and were in position to possibly pull out a win (even with the roster that they had/have). they really were 2 different teams in 2 different halves. yes they lost to citadel, yes spurrier left them early, but if they can find a way to not get into a 17 or 24 point hole in the first half, they may be capable of winning some games this year.

with all that said, here's hoping for another 0-11.

Go Tigers!!!!

Yep, getting down to The Citadel early was a killer.***

Jul 31, 2016, 6:00 PM

that was a great day! i watched every second of that game!

Jul 31, 2016, 6:07 PM

and it was beautiful!

Jul 31, 2016, 5:07 PM

They don't have a single player who would start for us. Not one. You'd actually be hard-pressed to find 3 guys who would even make our two-deep.

Jul 31, 2016, 6:04 PM

They have a depth chart ?

Does part of the the 2nd team also play for Mississauga Junior College of Technicalities ?

Depth chart. They need a depth charge .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 1, 2016, 9:41 AM

All they need is 6 to win games ?
That Boom must be one heckuva defensive mind .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 1, 2016, 10:50 AM

We are a 6-6 at best next year.

Is anyone expecting us to score many touchdowns?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 1, 2016, 11:01 AM

next year maybe. what do you see this year.

Aug 1, 2016, 11:31 AM

3 wins tops this year.

Do they have a single player on their team that would start for us? I don't see any outside of MAYBE Zack Bailey

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Aug 1, 2016, 12:32 PM

Their schedule says 5 wins to me. If they lose to Vandy I give them almost no chance to make a
Bowl game

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Deebo Samuel

Aug 1, 2016, 11:51 AM

caught >100 yards and a TD against Clemson LY

Aug 1, 2016, 11:53 AM

While they certainty don't have the talent on their roster that Clemson does, according to 247 they have the 22nd best roster in the nation with 24 4*'s and 51 3*'s. (FWIW, Clemson is #13).

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

As for them having D1 starters and FCS backups, I'd love to have some of those 3's. We only have 1 3* on our entire roster. We're 178 of 212. That's a talent depleted roster.

Not saying the OP is wrong in the overall gist of the post, but the hyperbole is just a little strong in some of the statements.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic