Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bold prediction Oklahoma beats LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Bold prediction Oklahoma beats LSU

Dec 15, 2019, 10:00 AM

Oklahoma wears out LSU Defense and wins in a shootout. Honestly this game can go either way but because the number one seed hasn’t won the National championship. I have Oklahoma pulling the upset.

I have Clemson beating Ohio st in a close one. 3-6pt win is what I’m leaning towards. I think Trevor Lawrence Ross,Higgins,Overton,Nagata,Ladson will make plays. Enough plays to win.

Clemson vs Oklahoma for National championship!

Winner: Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU will spank okie

Dec 15, 2019, 10:02 AM

won't be close

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Dec 15, 2019, 10:08 AM

Dave Aranda (LSU DC) will have a plan to force JHurts to beat them, which he will not.

I disagree. If you look at LSU's individual game stats, they

Dec 15, 2019, 10:32 AM [ in reply to LSU will spank okie ]

struggled defensively all year. Yes, the played well against A&M and UGa, but neither of those have much of a pulse on offense.

LSU gave up 38 points early in the year to both Texas and Vandy. If Nix could throw a forward pass, they would have lost to Auburn in Baton Rouge, but they won by 3 points.

Ole Miss put up 611 yards on LSU, with big numbers on the ground and in the air. Of course, Bama put up 41 points as well. Florida put up 460 yards of offense.

The game will be back and forth, but I think Oklahoma wins, in part because this will be Jalen Hurts 7th CFP game, and Burrow's first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma is going to get beat down***

Dec 15, 2019, 10:06 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bold prediction Oklahoma beats LSU

Dec 15, 2019, 10:08 AM

Don't bet the farm on it.

Dec 15, 2019, 10:35 AM

That's not bold , Oklahoma has an experienced QB and their offensive philosophy can really put pressure on defenses .
LSU has not been a great defense this year and at times looked below average .
I am in the camp that thinks this will be a close game , likely a shootout although I still believe that LSU has the overall talent edge at most of the skill positions .

Also , we'll beat OSU . Full stop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 15, 2019, 11:41 AM

LSU by 30.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will take Oklahoma and 30.***

Dec 15, 2019, 2:26 PM

Agree, but disagree that’s bold

Dec 15, 2019, 12:02 PM

This is the flash in a pan year for LSU (similar talent to last year) that’s mostly been credited to their new offensive philosophy. Defensive woes have already been said here.

I think Riley knows how to put together an offensive plan as well as anyone. They have struggled to execute on those until late in the big games. If there’s an indicator, it’s that. They’ve made a good showing offensively in every CFP game they’ve played. I don’t think this one will be different.

To me, this is a shootout game. Will happen early, but won’t be close at the end. First team to 28 will likely win big b/c they are executing better. I’d take the over on this one and guess it’s north of 100.

Re: Agree, but disagree that’s bold

Dec 15, 2019, 2:13 PM

If the game is tied at the end of regulation, both teams’ very average defenses will be gassed. Could set a new record for number of overtimes.

Re: Agree, but disagree that’s bold

Dec 15, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Agree, but disagree that’s bold ]

If the game is tied at the end of regulation, both teams’ very average defenses will be gassed. Could set a new record for number of overtimes.

Dec 15, 2019, 12:07 PM

That’s a bold call, Cotton. Let’s see how that works out for you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 12:14 PM

My heart tells me Oklahoma should win cause it gives us the easiest path to Natty#3. My eyes tell me that Oklahoma scores 34 but gives up 48+. Then with little time to get ready for the behemoth that is CLEMSON's offense LSU's YSIO(UncleLou plug) scores more points on CLEMSON than anyone this season and yet gets landblasted 45-27. Then the talking heads will be talking about how CLEMSON loses TEE, Travis, Tanner, K'von, and 4 of 5 on a star studded OLine(has anyone heard that at all this year) and will struggle against an inferior schedule again next season!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either way, two good games on that day!

Dec 15, 2019, 3:21 PM

Spot the #### ball

I'm kinda feeling like Oak may win too...

Dec 15, 2019, 5:38 PM

we shall see...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 5:52 PM

I mean people that keep betting on Oklahoma to win one of these semifinal games will keep losing money. To me their defense just isn't really close to being on the same level as the other teams competing in the playoff on a yearly basis (Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU). Not to say LSU's defense is any good this year, but I do believe individually they have far better players on their D than Oklahoma.

Baker almost willed them to a win a couple years back, but their defense just flat out collapsed. I feel it's safe to say the only reason Oklahoma keeps getting in these things is because the Big 12 just isn't very good (possibly same reason why OSU gets in often with their conference). If they had to go through Clemson or some SEC teams on a yearly basis they would never be in the four in my opinion.

Dec 15, 2019, 6:05 PM

I agree...LSU not as good as Bama was last year...Oklahoma is better than they were last year...OU will not start off as bad as they did a year ago...it will be a shoot out and is a toss up but I’m going with OU!!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic