Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still laugh at the Bud Light commercials
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I still laugh at the Bud Light commercials

Dec 17, 2018, 9:05 AM

"Is it Autumnal?" right before being clamped in stocks is classic. I have friends that are like that. I always laugh when they ask crap like that. The wait staff is probably thinking about the same commercial that I do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still laugh at the Bud Light commercials

Dec 17, 2018, 9:47 AM

I agree, it is funny. But that tag line of made for the many, not the few is a terrible way to sell a product in my opinion.

Full disclosure: I am a beer snob, but I can find something to drink anywhere.

I'm into craft beers too, but i think those commercials are

Dec 17, 2018, 9:56 AM

pretty funny and clever. They are right too, for as big as the craft beer industry has become, there are still way more people that prefer the cheap, mass produced beers.

FWIW I'm not a beer "snob" though. I still drink Bud heavy with my bowling team every week and it's fine. It's not my choice if i want something good to drink a couple glasses of on Sat/Sun while I'm watching football, but it's fine.

Re: I'm into craft beers too, but i think those commercials are

Dec 17, 2018, 11:06 AM

It does not get any better than Coors Original, drank straight off the cold filters in the tasting room of the Golden brewery.

Re: I'm into craft beers too, but i think those commercials are

Dec 17, 2018, 1:15 PM

My son graduated from the Co School of Mines in Golden, so we spent some quality time in the tasting room ! They have a few nice other selections, too. The students called it going to "Coors Lab "

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I still laugh at the Bud Light commercials ]

They need to figure out how to sell a lot of beer. They're blowing it. I don't drink Bud Light unless it's a gift from someone else, but the commercial and slogan are great.

Some advice for you...

Dec 17, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I still laugh at the Bud Light commercials ]

“Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lord's anointed, and be guiltless?”

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's hilarious they've called out people like that.

Dec 17, 2018, 11:14 AM

In reality, it's not even close to how obnoxious people can be about beer all of a sudden.

Seriously, I never thought I would hear someone being a snob while inquiring about a restaurants selection of IPA.

Give me a break...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always have thought it odd that people get snobbish

Dec 17, 2018, 11:45 AM

over beer. Nobody does it for any other beverage.
I have never raised my eyebrows to somebody who bought an RC Cola over Pepsi or Coke. I could not care less if you drink Bi-lo brand milk over PET, or 2% or whole.

Why do people care which beer others choose?

A beer snob is akin to a pizza snob...why do others care about what type or brand of pizza people eat?
NY style vs Chicago deep dish or Papa Johns vs Pizza Hut. Who cares?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

You need to get out more...Liquor and wine have their snobs

Dec 17, 2018, 12:01 PM

too

Re: You need to get out more...Liquor and wine have their snobs

Dec 17, 2018, 2:42 PM

I agree it doesn't matter, but yes...there are snobs for everything.

Even coffee has snobs.

People do argue about Coke vs. Pepsi.

Hell, people argue about what brand of water is best.

It doesn't matter, but everything has their snobs that are too good for the PBR version of their beverage. In no way is it limited to beer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I always have thought it odd that people get snobbish

Dec 17, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to I always have thought it odd that people get snobbish ]

I think it's because it confuses people when other people have terrible taste. They may want you to join them and it gets complicated.

But is it malty and full bodied?***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coors light can changes colors ... that wins IMO.***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Millenials are the worst offenders.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:55 PM

I heard a guy the other day describe a stout as "chewy"... riiiight.. I' am an admitted lover of beer. The good stuff and the marathon beers. But dang son... nice beard, plaid, glasses and Tim Tebow hair-doo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 1:11 PM

The "real men of genius" radio ads were the best. My kids and I used to get a kick out of them when they were young. Still have some mp3 files of them somewhere

Dec 17, 2018, 2:43 PM

Shrug, I avidly avoid any inBev products. Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Then again, I live in the Craft Beer capital and those InBev folks tried to sink a lot of local folks here via distribution lanes.

I only drink darker beers and will try and only buy the independent guys. Say what you want about ImBev, but the only thing I can say that is nice is that they have a very "consistent" beer. It might be south african urine-water, but it is consistent.

If you want something that is funny, at least look at this:
https://thetakeout.com/ryan-reynolds-aviation-gin-video-ad-craft-spirit-1831149291

Thanks for sharing!!

Dec 18, 2018, 5:30 PM

Ryan Reynolds has become the funniest Smart A $ $ of our time. This was brilliant.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic