Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Im in the minority in the de-committing thing!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,356

Im in the minority in the de-committing thing!!

Aug 10, 2015, 7:05 PM

I feel that if a KID decides he wants to keep his options open then that's his choice. There could be many deciding factors, like staying close to an Ill family member or wanting to be closer to them. These kids have to make grown men decisions all the time, sometimes even if its not popular.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then the KID shouldn't be so quick to commit.***

Aug 10, 2015, 7:36 PM

Re: Im in the minority in the de-committing thing!!

Aug 10, 2015, 7:43 PM

The take is that a commitment should mean exactly that , and if they are unsure then don't commit and hamstring the school into not being able to follow through with other interests .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Im in the minority in the de-committing thing!!

Aug 10, 2015, 7:54 PM

Im in the minority too in this issue. We will get through this together.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo doesn't pressure them to commit, and he

Aug 10, 2015, 8:10 PM

explains to them what the commitment means. What you are missing is Dabo and staff stop recruiting other players b/c of the commitment. That isn't fair to them if the committed guy is shopping himself around.
If a player wants to take visits and play the recruiting game then he doesn't have to commit, but that means Clemson is recruiting other players for that spot b/c you might be going to another school.

I don't like being hung out to dry.

Aug 10, 2015, 8:12 PM

When we take a commit we expect him to stick with his decision as well as we stick by ours. Anything less is disrespectful and unethical for either.

It doesn't matter how you shake it. Commitment is specific by connotation and denotation. There's no room for breaking your word in either.

The nicest thing I can say about the boy is that he did the wrong thing even though he did it the right way. Unless the English language confuses you, it's obvious that I don't think much of him.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point is we stop recruiting certain positions once they

Aug 10, 2015, 8:24 PM

fill up so a guy we could've gone out and use to fill a decommit's spot will have gone on and committed elsewhere.

It's not about sending a message, it's about limited schollies, limited time, and limited resources.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,356
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic