Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery

Jan 26, 2015, 4:55 PM

Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery

Jan 26, 2015, 5:01 PM

Wow, I had the understanding it happened today. Well at least he has already had surgery and is on path to recovery. God speed Banks, we all have your back

Jan 26, 2015, 5:09 PM

We have to throw in there a few extra prayers for that kid. He is on the bad luck list for sure!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys, don't worry about Travis. If he never plays another...

Jan 26, 2015, 8:47 PM

down of football at Clemson, he will certainly accomplish great things in his professional life in whatever he chooses to pursue. I had the distinct pleasure of attending the annual Iptay banquet on the floor of Littlejohn last May. Two student athletes are chosen each year to speak in front of the 500+ attendees, one female and one male athlete. They obviously have to be very intelligent, be model citizens and representative of everything Clemson stands for. Travis Blanks gave a rousing speech that made me want to offer him a job upon graduation and then train him for my industry, regardless of his educational background.

He is a tremendously gifted young man and makes me proud to be Tiger. Obviously, we all want Travis back in a uniform and knocking heads for the Tigers next year.......we need his leadership on a young defense. But Again, don't worry about Travis if he never plays again for Clemson. He will be very successful at whatever he does in his life.

Jan 27, 2015, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery ]

Mo, as I understand it he had acl surgery and re-injured it. Man, I hope that's
not true. Otherwise he would need further surgery.

Did he re-tear it, or was this a cleanup?***

Jan 26, 2015, 5:05 PM

Happened six weeks ago and they're just letting the public in on it?

Jan 26, 2015, 5:08 PM

Terrible setback for Blanks, hate it for him

They just found out too.

Jan 26, 2015, 5:21 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re-injured it, another tear, unfortunately for him

Jan 27, 2015, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Did he re-tear it, or was this a cleanup?*** ]

get well soon

Jan 26, 2015, 5:13 PM

Really unfortunate. Tough to overcome 2 of these in your college career. Wish for the best for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 5:20 PM

Idk... Just makes me question how competent the doctors and training staff are with these injuries i.e. Charone Peake. Are they coming back too early, or are these just a couple of unfortunate incidents?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And here you will see the guy who doesn't understand

Jan 26, 2015, 5:27 PM

Anything that pertains to sports related injury, rehabilitation, surgery or how ligaments work so they blame an outside individual because they can't find anyone to blame. This is just the way they injuries are especially knees. Anyone who has had knee surgery can tell you its a far from perfect process and everyones body reacts differently, some are good to go extremely quickly and some will be plagued with inflammation and knee pain for the rest of their life. Everyone doesn't have the same knees, ligaments are different in everybody some are harder to fix in others. For travis blanks and peake it's just bad luck.

Hell, I've never torn one, but still hurt from me being

Jan 26, 2015, 5:29 PM

stupid and running through some severe knee tendinitis. You don't even have to tear it to be bothered by it.

Bummer!

Jan 26, 2015, 5:21 PM

Praying for a complete and speedy recovery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there, Travis. We're all behind you.***

Jan 26, 2015, 5:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 5:25 PM

He's having the same kind a luck as Tony Steward. Hopefully for his sake he will make a full recovery soon.

Durn - not good - keep up with the books TB - that CU degree

Jan 26, 2015, 5:36 PM

will pay back -

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hearing his first surgery was never right.

Jan 26, 2015, 5:38 PM

His knee never felt right. Hearing this second surgery he's feeling alot better.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Weird that 2 high profile ACLs have sucked

Jan 26, 2015, 6:11 PM

Peake and Blanks both seem to have had dud surgeries.

That explains the sudden interest in Denzel Johnson

Jan 26, 2015, 5:39 PM

so late in the process with only 1 or 2 spots left, I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 6:28 PM

Gosh can the kid catch a break...heal up quick young man!!!

Jan 26, 2015, 6:37 PM

D@mn!...

This kid is just snakebitten.... oh well get better soon TB....

We need you back out there....

Get well soon big guy! Anyone know the latest of O.J?

Jan 26, 2015, 6:56 PM

Oliver Jones that is.

Jan 26, 2015, 7:15 PM

Keep your head up Kid!!! Theres a lot of time before spring practice. Positivity and understand that "this too will pass" put the work in and buy into the program.

ummmmm.......can somebody tell the real of what happened....

Jan 26, 2015, 8:37 PM

Hmmmmm.......ok, so Blanks just had surgery on Jan 16, couple of weeks ago. But he reinjured the knee back in bowl practice. Don't even say the trainers and doctors didn't realize this when it happened. If so time for a new team doctor and new trainers. However, why was he even practicing? He was taking the entire year off to get his body back right and his mind back right rumors have it. So why in the h*ll is he practicing live for a bowl game when he hasn't set foot in one regular season game all of 2014..........things that make u go hmmmmmm!!

I am all in, but we seem to be less than forthright as it

Jan 26, 2015, 8:43 PM

pertains to reporting injuries. Dabo seems to paint a rosy picture about injuries. Also, we should have the very best orthopedic doctor doing these.......like Andrews in Alabama?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

REALLY?

Jan 26, 2015, 8:47 PM

Dr. Bowman is the team surgeon and is one of the best in the NATION! He performed my knee surgery and it went perfectly. Some are just pre dispositioned with bad ligaments and just because we are fans, we aren't automatically allowed this information. If you call yourself a CLEMSON TIGERS, then cheer this kid on!

WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE AS FANS AREN'T PRIVY TO

Jan 26, 2015, 8:58 PM

EVERY BIT OF INFO ON INJURIES ON PLAYERS!! WHO DO THOSE COACHES THINK THEY ARE???

That is correct.....we have a right to know......thanks!***

Jan 26, 2015, 9:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHHHHHOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH . . . . . . . .***

Jan 26, 2015, 10:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: WHHHHHOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH . . . . . . . .***

Jan 27, 2015, 9:11 AM

I guess the whooooshh is for you as well.

Re: WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE AS FANS AREN'T PRIVY TO

Jan 27, 2015, 12:38 AM [ in reply to WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE AS FANS AREN'T PRIVY TO ]

I'm not saying at all that we as fans deserve to know everything that happens on the team, but if your gonna report something at least tell the facts and the reason behind the facts. I know from personal experience things that are hush hush as for injuries on a college team, however to say that he didn't know when the injury occurred if complete bs. Nor one that's throwing the team Drs and trainers under the bus for not doing there job properly and evaluating this player. Maybe he knows he can't compete with the talent we have back there now, and maybe this will turn into a career ending injury.......makes no sense to miss spring practice tho. This could have been avoided all together, but time will tell......

Out for next season?

Jan 27, 2015, 7:51 AM

This is terrible news for this young man. Nobody should have to go through ACL tear/surgery, but to then have to do it again sucks. Easy to talk about it as a "don't worry, he will just have surgery again", but surgery is not fun, nor is the rehab. Good luck Travis!

Any ideas if he is out for next year or will he be ready to go sometime in 2015

Jan 27, 2015, 7:59 AM

We eagerly await your return Travis.

This guy can't catch a break!!***

Jan 27, 2015, 8:18 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Prayers for Travis***

Jan 27, 2015, 8:32 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic