Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress

Aug 5, 2017, 9:22 PM

Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress

Club Med is almost over, and the hard days of fall practice are ahead. The Clemson football team completed its third August practice Saturday, will take a day off Sunday, go through a light practice Monday and then settle into the rigors of preparation beginning Tuesday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress

Aug 5, 2017, 9:25 PM

didn't Tigerbalm1® say something about Ray Ray moving to corner, pretty sure she did.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress

Aug 5, 2017, 9:31 PM

I don't think Christian started calling Dexter Xbox because he was "all over the place"

I think he started calling him Xbox because Dexter weighed 360 pounds and then you have the Xbox 360 ??????

I'm guessing post surgery all he wanted to do was play Xbox.***

Aug 6, 2017, 7:25 AM

Interesting to hear that Ray Ray is at CB

Aug 5, 2017, 9:47 PM

could this be a permanent move? Makes me think Amari and Tee are ready to play right away.

Ray Ray is at CB, wonder what he thinks about Amari Rodgers

Aug 5, 2017, 9:56 PM

taking his place on punt returns and possible first team offense?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's kind of what it looks like

Aug 5, 2017, 10:00 PM

amari will be doing punt returns. I am not so sure that Ray Ray isn't still in the doghouse.

Watch... Ray Ray will be given oppty to shine on O

Aug 5, 2017, 10:06 PM

Coaches will not screw him from an opportunity because he is being a very, very good team player

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's what it amount to, and it's all good.

Aug 5, 2017, 10:28 PM

We are absolutely loaded at WR. Ray Ray has an injured hand and has been unable to practice at WR. Still, he is too talented and too versatile to sit on the bench. He can contribute big-time in different ways, and one of those ways may be at DB. He needs to be on the field. It is just another way to maximize our eminse talent and depth and get the best players on the field. I see this as a tremendous compliment to Ray Ray.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

or maybe ball security is an issue he can't overcome***

Aug 6, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to that's kind of what it looks like ]

Re: Interesting to hear that Ray Ray is at CB

Aug 6, 2017, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Interesting to hear that Ray Ray is at CB ]

Also could mean Kelly Bryant could be moving to the slot

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is too tall for slot receiver, and he is still the number 1 QB as if right now...

Aug 6, 2017, 3:15 PM

So hold off on the Bryant switching positions BS

Yes. Looks like they trust Rodgers and comfortable

Aug 6, 2017, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Interesting to hear that Ray Ray is at CB ]

putting him in day 1. For Jeff Scott to say that about him jumped out at me. Coaches are spreading around talent to different positions and doing what it takes to win!

Aug 5, 2017, 10:23 PM

Really great to hear the incoming freshmen are starting strong. RayRay will be a great DB if thats where he's needed most. What a gifted athlete.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 10:26 PM

he is more natural at corner. he just seems to struggle with the little things at receiver, and as mentioned we have some really good ones coming in

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was "kind of open to it" lol mmmhmmmm.... ??***

Aug 6, 2017, 7:28 AM

Aug 6, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress ]

how fast is Rodgers 40 time?

so Ray Ray can't catch

Aug 5, 2017, 11:54 PM

???

is that the message or

is he a better choice as a lock down corner ??

are we not having a lock down corner this year ??????

null

Re: so Ray Ray can't catch

Aug 6, 2017, 12:13 AM

Ray Ray has said numerous times he would love to catch passes from Jake Bentley, so he moved to cornerback

He had a wrist injury right now. That's why

Aug 6, 2017, 3:05 AM [ in reply to so Ray Ray can't catch ]

He's not allowed to

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

It's b/c of his wrist injury that he can't catch

Aug 6, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to so Ray Ray can't catch ]

He's always had good hands, so it's not like he all of a sudden wouldn't be able to catch.

David Hood probably should have reminded everyone with a line in the article about how Ray Ray still has a cast on his hand and is recovering from surgery on his wrist. If his wrist weren't injured I would be very surprised if he were still getting reps at DB. Although it's not unprecedented under Dabo since Adam Humphries did work out at DB back in 2012 as an emergency DB just to provide depth in case of injury.

Aug 6, 2017, 6:59 AM

RR to DB sounds like they are making room for Kelly Bryant to run the Jet Sweep. IMO, he would be almost impossible to stop doing that.

You heard it here first. :)

Thank you for squashing a sudden outbreak of fake news ...

Aug 6, 2017, 11:20 AM

Amazing how people read comments in different ways and draw separate conclusions from the same statement.

This is in response to Greene, not Streaking Tiger.***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:22 AM

Bryant is too tall for that play, you always see shorter wr's running that play***

Aug 6, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress ]

Aug 7, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Saturday practice nuggets: McCloud at DB, Rodgers continues to impress ]

Yea. I said that about 3 weeks ago when the possibility of KB switching positions first came up. ??

The LB corps comments stuck out

Aug 6, 2017, 9:22 AM

"...maybe the best we've had since I've been here."

Sounded to me like the LBs aren't going to be outshone by the all-world DL!

So this must mean drops and ball security is still an issue for him***

Aug 6, 2017, 3:10 PM

So RR to CB, KB to slot, and switch D to 3-4?

Aug 6, 2017, 4:29 PM

RR moves to CB. KB moves to slot/TE. So Hunter is QB 1 and we have so many stud LB's we are switching to the Bama Style 3-4 defense with Wilkins/Ferrell and Dex at the NT which ultimately shines to our strengths (LB) and moves away from our newly shallow DE pool...

That is one busy Saturday.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 9:38 PM

Coaches, players and most fans believe we could be just as good as last year minus DW4. Myself, I hope we are better than any year since Dabo becoming our HC. Every year since that day, we have become ACC champions 3 times, we have played in the college FB Super Bowl twice and won once. BUT, every single year in Dabo's 8 full years as HC, there has always been a game or two against a bad team that shouldn't have been as close as they were, and a couple of times we have lost when we shouldn't have with one being Pitt just last year and TCU in 2009. Well for once in my 54 years of Clemson FB, I would love to witness a season with us beating everybody in regular season like we were clubbing baby kittens, or by 10 points plus. Is that asking to much for over a 50 plus year period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all wins in '89 & '90 were dominant wins

Aug 7, 2017, 4:22 PM

in spite of the 2 losses in both years, all of our wins both of those years including bowl games were dominant. i was sorely disappointed in the losses because we should have not taken those L's...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic