Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson DE no longer with football team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson DE no longer with football team

May 19, 2015, 11:00 AM

Clemson DE no longer with football team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck Ebo.***

May 19, 2015, 11:01 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: FB Update: Clemson DE no longer with football team

May 19, 2015, 11:03 AM

Well that blows, thought he was going to have a breakout year. Good Luck to him! Opens the door for big Albert and Yeargin to step up and be the man on that opposite side.

He was the best looking DE in the spring game.

May 19, 2015, 11:09 AM

Not good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Que paso?***

May 19, 2015, 11:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched him get flat-out body slammed by true freshman

May 19, 2015, 12:37 PM [ in reply to He was the best looking DE in the spring game. ]

Mitch Hyatt in that game.

I'm starting to see a trend with these players from NY......

May 19, 2015, 11:15 AM

they just don't get it.

Interesting point my friend

May 19, 2015, 11:16 AM

NY state of mind doesnt fly down here in the South.

Re: Interesting point my friend

May 19, 2015, 11:28 AM

That's a half-baked thought at best. Kelly was from the Buffalo area and Ebo from NYC. Those might as well be different countries when compared to one another.

^^^ .***

May 19, 2015, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are exactly right my friend....it was mot a serious post

May 20, 2015, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting point my friend ]

some might call it a joke. Lighten up Francis!

wasn't he chatting it up with NAT?***

May 20, 2015, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing Sammy and Bellamy were from Florida right ?

May 19, 2015, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Interesting point my friend ]

Seeing how this is NYC's fault ? Or is it Buffalo's ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good thing Sammy and Bellamy were from Florida right ?

May 19, 2015, 2:09 PM

It doesn't matter what part of NY, or for that matter, he could be from Hutchison KS. He broke the rules somehow and his behavior was bad enough that Dabo removed him from the football team. Plain and.simple. You follow the rules and your behavior is acceptable, you play. If not, Delta is ready when you are. Dabo requires you as a player to follow all parts of the Team rules on behavior as well as grades. If you cannot follow the guidelines set forth as.a student athelete, your outta here. Plain and.simple. Good luck EBO, your post shows class and responsibility for your actions.

some of you gals seemed a bit sensitive yesterday***

May 20, 2015, 9:39 AM [ in reply to I'm starting to see a trend with these players from NY...... ]

May 19, 2015, 11:18 AM

This loss hurts BIG time. I was a little concerned about our pass rush heading into the season but now I'm flat out worried. Any reassurance is appreciated.

May 19, 2015, 11:23 AM

Here's your reassurrance....

we will have a good pash rush....

you're welcome

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

May 19, 2015, 11:29 AM

I'll take it.

May 19, 2015, 12:18 PM

We still have Shaq Lawson so we are good

Yeah, but what about the pass rush?***

May 19, 2015, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson DE no longer with football team ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 19, 2015, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson DE no longer with football team ]

> This loss hurts BIG time. I was a little concerned
> about our pass rush heading into the season but now
> I'm flat out worried. Any reassurance is appreciated.

TWO PEOPLE COME TO MIND 1.) ALBERT HUGGINS 2.) AUSTIN BRYANT BOTH ARE BEAST AND EVEN LOOK LIKE VIC BEASLEY IN HIS STYLE OF PLAY.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Umm those dudes are brand new...

May 19, 2015, 12:22 PM

They won't contribute much this year. Ebo had experience. That's why it sux. Those guys will be good no doubt but incoming freshman aren't who you rely on as solid contributors. Freshmen lineman have to grow into those positions... U don't push people around like high school in ur first yr. ebo was a big loss bc all I've heard last year and so far this yr is that he's got a ton of potential and ability to be a star.

Re: Umm those dudes are brand new...

May 22, 2015, 5:13 AM

He had a whole 16 snaps of experience.. Don't label him a veteran lol... He simply wasn't. Sammy Watkins started his very first game in Death Valley against Auburn. Do you remember? Also, Deshaun Watson started a few games last year as well. Just because they are freshmen don't mean that they won't contribute or even start. Christian Wilkins, Austin Byrant, and Albert Huggins are game ready. Every major university was recruiting them pretty hard. We lucked up and scored them. They are freshmen with the size and speed of Grady Jarret and Vic Beasley. Albert Huggins has the exact same style of pass rush as Vic Beasley. Don't believe me, then watch his film. Christian Wilkins knocks people off of the ball on the snap and Austin Bryant is a beast. We also have many other capable play makers that can get to the QB on the roster. I'm not worried about DE right now, I'm more concerned with DT at the moment, which could be the reason why so many DE have moved to the inside.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

If you have been following things for a while

May 19, 2015, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson DE no longer with football team ]

there has been no salient reason given to putting hopes in this guy. His name was mentioned once in a while, but it was always second or third mention on every list. I never saw him presented as the next big pass rusher by any coach or legit commentary. These things happen once in a while and I'd be worried about our coach if they did not happen. Bid him well and let's move on - we've got plenty of talent ready to go.

What he said...^^^^^^^^^^^***

May 19, 2015, 1:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you have been following things for a while

May 19, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to If you have been following things for a while ]

I disagree. He has been stuck behind some pretty great players the last couple of years. He was seemingly going to be our 3rd best end coming out of spring and someone versatile enough to relieve both Lawson and Dodd. In a scheme like Venables' that loves rotation he was probably going to be a significant contributor. I know we have some stud freshman already on campus and coming in but this loss still hurts. He obviously screwed up and I support Dabo 100% in his decision but I don't think this is an insignificant departure.

You could have said the same thing about Beasley

May 19, 2015, 5:39 PM [ in reply to If you have been following things for a while ]

at the same point in his career. We know the rest of the story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2015, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson DE no longer with football team ]

Here's your reassurance:
https://twitter.com/dcaraviello/status/537704754563280897

May 19, 2015, 3:12 PM

That one put a big smile on my face. Thanks!!

May 19, 2015, 3:58 PM

;) Thought it might...it's enjoyable to read.

May 19, 2015, 11:22 AM

Darn it

has anyone heard what he did to get dismissed?***

May 19, 2015, 11:23 AM

yes, word on the street is that for what it's worth, is that

May 19, 2015, 11:35 AM

he was dismissed from the Clemson football team for a violation of team rules and behavior detrimental to the football team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes, word on the street is that for what it's worth, is that

May 19, 2015, 11:38 AM

https://youtu.be/PSH0dhDdoLs

Re: yes, word on the street is that for what it's worth, is that

May 19, 2015, 1:18 PM

+1 for the quick reference to the movie link.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Informative post is informative***

May 19, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to yes, word on the street is that for what it's worth, is that ]

Re: has anyone heard what he did to get dismissed?***

May 19, 2015, 3:44 PM [ in reply to has anyone heard what he did to get dismissed?*** ]

apparently:

Clemson police chief Jimmy Dixon told FOX Carolina that Ogundeko was arrested and charged with one count of financial transaction fraud.

Dixon said Ogundeko was using his own credit card but somehow worked with another individual to change the magnetic strip on the back to a different number.

http://www.wistv.com/story/29102338/clemson-defensive-end-dismissed-from-football-team

Breaks my heart for him because he's so young

May 21, 2015, 2:35 AM

i pray Ebo take responsibility like a grown man. I know I did things at his age and got away with driving drunk, starting fights, smoking weed and trying to do every girl I could as a lifeguard on the beach in Myrtle Beach my summers were filled with partying and thinking I was the man that brought all the parties to life. Pride and thinking I could take God off the shelf and use him every time something went wrong. I can't imagine having a free ride and a chance to play more football for the ACC champions and a chance to play in the playoff. I pray he picks himself up and fights to play for another team and get it right.

Love Ya Ebo, take it like a man and prove everybody wrong, praying you make it right Brother!!

Go Tigers, We to Deep, spot the ball, next man up!! I pray we get a 5 star replacement because Dabo handled it right!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sounds like he's accepting responsibility and taking it

May 19, 2015, 11:27 AM

like a man. (at least from his post) Good luck.

Re: Sounds like he's accepting responsibility and taking it

May 19, 2015, 11:42 AM

Where did you see a post from Ebo???

May 19, 2015, 12:04 PM

The post with the clemson picture in the story is from ebo saying thanks for the opportunity to play for clemson

May 19, 2015, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds like he's accepting responsibility and taking it ]

May 19, 2015, 11:37 AM

Good luck. I guess that's what I'm supposed to say. I'd really like to know what he did to get the boot. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was just. So really I want to say, get your head out of your a$$ kid, you had a once in a lifetime chance and your behavior shows you didn't respect the opportunity. We all make mistakes. Good luck on understanding the lesson from this one.

Well that sucks

May 19, 2015, 11:37 AM

Our pass rush worries me.

Re: Well that sucks

May 19, 2015, 11:39 AM

Had he played for Spurrier, he would have gotten 4 more chances. Glad we have Dabo. Integrity matters to a lot of people.

To me this is another example of Dabo running

May 19, 2015, 11:39 AM

a tight ship. He does not tolerate any BS, and I think that is something we should all be proud of.

dado don't play! toe the line or take a hike. dayum good

May 19, 2015, 11:57 AM

coach.

Re: dado don't play! toe the line or take a hike. dayum good

May 19, 2015, 12:16 PM

Next man up....

Wonder what he did to deserve this ax?

May 19, 2015, 1:46 PM [ in reply to dado don't play! toe the line or take a hike. dayum good ]

Dabo has some boys coming into age, what he needs to remember is these things seem to come back around. This must have been real bad or .....

Time for Yeargin to really step up!!***

May 19, 2015, 12:26 PM

He plays a different position.***

May 19, 2015, 12:32 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Not DE? Who frets over strong or weak side

May 19, 2015, 12:34 PM

Yeargin can be flexible. It's all a matter of competing.

May 19, 2015, 12:36 PM

I'm gonna miss this guy. I wish him all the best in life. We need to remember he's just a kid. Which one of us didn't make mistakes at that age? This is a growing moment for him. I like that he took it as well as possible and was mature in his response on social media. I also appreciate that Coach Swinney puts integrity and standards before winning. No one person is bigger than the Clemson family. It is a loss for us, but we will be ok. Best wishes to Ebo.

May 19, 2015, 1:00 PM

Totally agree. Clemson will miss him and we wish him well in his future. It is always next man up. That is why we continue to recruit the best athletes and students to become Clemson graduates and men.

May 19, 2015, 2:33 PM

Unfortunate that something happened serious enough to merit this. It is a lost investment on both sides. It must have been serious and or not the first negative incident. Barring more serious offenses I imagine they all are all allowed one error and the chance to recover from it. Hopefully he will not find his way and blossom with one of the usual suspects like Louisville, Auburn, Ole Miss or anyone the Tigers play. That would be irritating. Good luck young man and Go Tigers!

Here comes Chris Register!!!***

May 19, 2015, 1:08 PM

May 19, 2015, 2:34 PM

I wonder if he will go to Ole Miss now

I'm ok with him leaving.

May 19, 2015, 2:36 PM

He approached my sister inlaw at a local grocery store and asked her for her number but not really in such a way that made her flattered or comfortable. She said " I'm 40 and married with children" his reply was he didn't care about her age or husband. He let her know what he thought of himself and how he was the man. Childish but he took it a step further to being brash and rude and quite frankly too aggressive. He should have just kept his mouth shut and simply said "sorry" or paid her a compliment not keep running his mouth. Since that happened kinda been thinking he would screw up

so if someone reports there are gheys on the footsball team

May 19, 2015, 2:41 PM

ebo's in the clear?

Would not have mentioned it if he was still on the team

May 19, 2015, 2:58 PM

my point is I wasn't surprised when this report came out, just seemed like trouble to me, so his sexual orientation or anyone else's is completely irrelevant.

ok and i'm making light of a difficult situation. i didn't

May 19, 2015, 3:07 PM

condemn or even question your story.

do what you do, i'll do what i do.

I'm good man, my intent was simply to inform

May 19, 2015, 3:18 PM

And to let other fans know that maybe cutting ties with him isn't a bad thing for us, if Dabo thought he could work with him he would have or probably already did without us knowing

i understood your intent

May 19, 2015, 3:27 PM

completely. some people may need more and you provided it to them...

i took the info you imparted and extrapolated.

May 19, 2015, 3:44 PM

Sounds like we need to quit recruiting these highly rank NY boys.....Kelly and now Ebo.

May 19, 2015, 3:44 PM

Sounds like we need to quit recruiting these highly rank NY boys.....Kelly and now Ebo.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic