Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm going to lose my football seats again!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I'm going to lose my football seats again!

Oct 16, 2019, 2:13 PM

Just got this email from IPTAY

Last week, the Clemson University Board of Trustees gave initial approval on plans developed by the Clemson Athletics Department and IPTAY for Memorial Stadium enhancements. Plans include a new video board, sound and lighting system, an enhanced Tiger Walk, a renovated, state-of-the-art home locker room, and additional premium and outer bowl seating which will secure Death Valley’s place as a premiere college football stadium experience! For more details on these exciting stadium enhancements and the new premium seat opportunities click HERE .

Due to the scope and magnitude of these improvements, current seats in the WestZone Covered section as well as the WestZone bleacher seats may be affected. IPTAY and the Clemson Athletics Ticket Office are currently working on plans to provide multiple options for those impacted by this stadium project. Please note, season ticket holders in the WestZone Covered section as well as the WestZone bleacher seats will have their seats for the remainder of the 2019 season as well as the full 2020 football season with the appropriate required donations. The implementation is scheduled for the 2021 football season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going to lose my football seats again!

Oct 16, 2019, 2:30 PM

Translation: get a second job now while the economy is good and start saving.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:39 PM

Watch the game by TV!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 2:40 PM

I wouldn't worry. All the seats in the west endzone are crap anyway. Horrible view of the field.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:59 PM

My seats are in the north stands right on the rail. Not understanding how I'm being affected but I got the email for some reason.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm going to lose my football seats again! ]

As always, you are wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welllllll.... tbh, they don’t actually SAY you’re losing

Oct 16, 2019, 2:57 PM

your seats, but reviewing the approved plan, it doesn’t look good for the ol’ “seamless transition” we have all come to know and dread!

The two positives are that they “will try to provide alternative options” for you WEZ’ers; and they are improving the game experience and seating - to include adding seating, so hopefully this will help you all somewhat. Even if that is in the future.

You could always join us UDPers. . . they will NEVER consider dumping any more $$ or upgrades in/to our seats. They’ve already squeezed all the blood out of us (tightwad) turnips that they can, so the ROI is just not there! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Any IPTAY reps on here with more information?

Oct 16, 2019, 3:05 PM

I also have seats in the West (regular seats). Frankly I love my seats even though the view when the team is at the other end is bad. But we've come to make friends with those around us and the older I get the shade makes early season games bearable. I really don't want to lose my seats.

Re: Any IPTAY reps on here with more information?

Oct 16, 2019, 3:34 PM

I hate it when you young guys say, "As I get older".

I don't think you're going to lose your seats...

Oct 16, 2019, 3:28 PM

While you may get displaced temporarily during the construction, you will be able to return to your existing seats after the renovation work has been completed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You are obviously not an Upper Deck Poor like me.***

Oct 16, 2019, 4:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: You are obviously not an Upper Deck Poor like me.***

Oct 16, 2019, 8:40 PM

Hey, those of us from the Upper Deck branch of the family don't have to worry about our seats being affected and we'll still be able to see the campus over the supermegajumbotron. :)

Let me translate this for you. "This is a heads up, so that

Oct 16, 2019, 4:59 PM

you have plenty of time to up your level of giving to the point of securing better seating outside the West Zone. Otherwise, it's Nosebleed time for you in 2021."

You are Welcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are the IPTAY. Your wallet will be assimilated.

Oct 16, 2019, 7:31 PM

Resistance is futile.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those complaining about being in the upper deck

Oct 16, 2019, 10:06 PM

I have been a member of IPTAY and given well over the minimum and had those seats for over 30 years. I have been through Hatfield, West, and Bowden. I have been through times you were literally stuck in your seats for 20 min after the game because they blocked the exits while we waited for ALL of the players to get to both locker rooms. I am not complaining but I am also not new to supporting Clemson football - been going since before there were any upper decks.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic