Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been a member here since January 2002 for the most part
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

I've been a member here since January 2002 for the most part

Feb 20, 2019, 4:41 PM

every year around this time we start debating basketball coaches. The fact is with his buyout and new contract from last year Brad isn't going anywhere. The team missed #10 leadership more than I expected. They needed that guy to step up in critical moments in games and for whatever reason the guys left just weren't ready. The bench also didn't provide much needed depth. Next year I'm afraid is going to get really ugly. I still don't see Brad going anywhere in the short or long term. He's got a contract and there's no way that buyout will be paid. I've been going to Clemson basketball games now over five decades and it just isn't important enough to warrant paying him millions to go away.

TF1972

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you, CBB will be here for at least a couple

Feb 20, 2019, 4:51 PM

more years. He will not be fired this year or next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

And TNet will be unbearable during basketball season next

Feb 20, 2019, 4:52 PM

year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yes, because barring a miracle...yikes***

Feb 20, 2019, 4:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm beginning to like medium okra.

Feb 20, 2019, 4:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Can't get any worse than it already is...It wasn't much

Feb 20, 2019, 5:36 PM [ in reply to And TNet will be unbearable during basketball season next ]

better last year and we were a Tourney team...I've seen people complain about Brad during a 20 point win...It is what it is

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't you the guy who wanted him fired after the

Feb 20, 2019, 5:38 PM

2016-2017 season?

No...no liar, I was not***

Feb 20, 2019, 7:05 PM

There's no need for name calling! Obviously it was a long

Feb 20, 2019, 8:08 PM

time ago, but I seem to remember you saying that (I'm paraphrasing here) if the basketball team did not make the NCAA Tournament in the 2016-2017 season that Brad Brownell should be fired. Did you not say that CM Shack?

where's your link?***

Feb 20, 2019, 8:27 PM

Here you go...

Feb 20, 2019, 8:45 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19167926

March 15, 2016

"He makes the NCAA next year or we make him run"

Also from the same thread:

Re: Here you go...***

Feb 20, 2019, 8:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to hold my breath now for

Feb 20, 2019, 8:52 PM

CM Shack to apologize for calling me a liar...

That's a far cry from me wanting him gone, you're less than

Feb 20, 2019, 9:11 PM

truthful at best

Admit it, you were caught in a lie, Mr Liar McLiarface***

Feb 20, 2019, 9:28 PM

Where did I say I wanted him gone?***

Feb 20, 2019, 9:30 PM

Without the if***

Feb 20, 2019, 9:31 PM

Right here...

Feb 20, 2019, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Where did I say I wanted him gone?*** ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19167926

the post you linked is about OP, please provide the correct

Feb 20, 2019, 10:53 PM

link

The link is correct, you see it's an archived thread

Feb 21, 2019, 8:13 AM

so I will provide some helpful instructions because internetting can be difficult:

Step 1 - Click link

Step 2 - Scroll down to multiple posts of yours explaining the conditions under which you believe CBB should be fired after the 2016-2017 season, a season where we did not make the NCAA tournament

Step 3 - Admit you were lying when you called me a liar, you Mr Liar McLiarface

You're being deliberately dishonest, nowhere did I say I

Feb 21, 2019, 12:29 PM

wanted him to go, I was asked a question and I answered it with a conditional response and the rest is you trying to misrepresent the facts...twist it however you want, but it's still fake news and if you can't produce an accurate link, you in fact are a liar...You made a false allegation trying to show off for your buddies and you can't back it up...You lied, I never said I wanted Brad gone, you can't prove it, it is what it is...I look forward to the future butthurt this will generate and all the mentions I will garner

Please read this aloud for the jury.

Feb 21, 2019, 12:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I stand by my closing argument***

Feb 21, 2019, 12:42 PM

Clairvoyant Minded Shack believes he will be let go at the

Feb 21, 2019, 12:46 PM

end of next season barring another NCAA appearance...Want has nothing to do with it

How about this link?

Feb 21, 2019, 8:38 AM [ in reply to the post you linked is about OP, please provide the correct ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/he-makes-the-NCAA-next-year-or--we-make-him-run***-19168191

"we make him run" -- would seem to include YOU as well, correct?

Wow!

Feb 21, 2019, 9:48 AM

Who coulda sean this comin?

And there's no "if" in that post, it's definitive***

Feb 21, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to How about this link? ]

That was a conditional answer to a question, nowhere did I

Feb 21, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to How about this link? ]

say I WANTED Brad gone at the end of the 16-17 season...keep looking, keep twisting

Duhhhhhh bob - he meant WE

Feb 21, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to How about this link? ]

make him run .... the stadium stairs.

As punishment and so he could be close to greatness by being in the football stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

And while we're at it, how many seasons have you called for

Feb 20, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to There's no need for name calling! Obviously it was a long ]

him to be fired? Five or six of the last ten?

I'd say every year since 2015 except last year

Feb 20, 2019, 8:46 PM

but at least I'm honest about it...unlike some people

Exactly WHEN is TNet

Feb 21, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to And TNet will be unbearable during basketball season next ]

bearable ?

Asking for a friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

If we don't make the tournament this year,

Feb 20, 2019, 5:00 PM [ in reply to I agree with you, CBB will be here for at least a couple ]

how could anyone in fandom or the administration justify another year? Solely based on the money?

And if we see the same (insert issue here) next year, how on God's green earth could anyone in their right mind feel the current staff needs another year? Money again? Get outta here with that.

Money will not block whatever needs to be done.

I'm thinking that, IF (there's still a sliver of hope) Brad is unable to produce what are very fair, reasonable, and expected results this year, then a 9-year body of work is more than enough to make a call.

Call it wasted money if you want, but wasted time is more important to the state of Clemson basketball and its future.

Go Tigers. Clemson Grit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes.. yes

Feb 20, 2019, 8:39 PM

a million yeses

Solely based on the money.

SO stop asking

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We will keep him solely based on money?

Feb 20, 2019, 10:33 PM

No.

Not exactly sure what you're saying..

Re: I've been a member here since January 2002 for the most part

Feb 20, 2019, 4:52 PM

I agree. He will be here several more years. Next year will be embarrassing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been a member here since January 2002 for the most part

Feb 20, 2019, 5:30 PM

Coach Brownell best understand the average fan is not pleased with the outcomes of a number of close games this season, especially with the supposed talent we had returning. Having followed Tiger Basketball since December 1972, I can assuredly comment that his tenure, no matter last year, is on thin ground! Should Drad and the BOT accept a NIT bid as acceptable then anyone interested in seeing Tiger Basketball progress isn't going to be happy. I have patiently heard Brownell discuss his entire journey at "Prowl & Growl" for the last four years and I admit he had quite a lot to overcome, but unless next year is a positive surprise with another NCAA tourney appearance then he needs to either ask for a reassignment or locate a new job, especially if it is a poor campaign.

That is why another post discussing options appeared on the board earlier.

It's really not all that high now...

Feb 20, 2019, 5:08 PM

Under the terms of Brownell’s old contract, the university would owe him $3 million if he was terminated at the end of the ‘17-’18 season.

However, the new contract with an amended buyout provision, significantly shrinks those buyout figures.

If Brownell had been terminated at the end of last season, the buyout would have been $1.7 million but would shrink to $850,000 if he were terminated prior to April 30, 2019 and $425,000 if terminated prior to April 30, 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's really not all that high now...

Feb 20, 2019, 5:28 PM

Thanks, you beat me to it. Brad bet on himself, which is commendable. With that my guess is that he’ll be retained through this season, and the results of next season will dictate whether he stays or goes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KUDO's to Brad

Feb 20, 2019, 5:51 PM

That contract buyout $$$$$$ seems he said,"" if I can't do better,then I need to go""

Any man that will vote on himself to get better,has my vote too !!!!

Now,GO TIGERS !!!!

He's a good guy.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:21 PM

Pass the beer nuts.

Re: He's a good guy.

Feb 20, 2019, 9:13 PM

CBB is a nice guy, but after a decade he has to show more progress. Either “fish or cut bait” so to speak. He knows his time at Clemson depends upon consistency and making the NCAA twice over his tenure isn’t enough. The NIT appearances are a reflection of “almost.”

Good luck, especially next season. Be good or be gone.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic