Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
May I totally detest usc, but hate another team even more?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

May I totally detest usc, but hate another team even more?

Jul 20, 2012, 8:34 AM

I can find nothing to like about Auburn. Cheap shot artists, stealing another team's traditions particular when that other team is Clemson, etc... Truth be known, that tree poisoning incident did not really bother me --- all things considered.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: May I totally detest usc, but hate another team even more?

Jul 20, 2012, 8:37 AM

Well, to be fair, we started the stealing traditions thing from them when we took Heisman and he brought along the nickname "Tigers".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Dr. Reel, "Tigers" came from Princeton***

Jul 20, 2012, 8:44 AM

Re: According to Dr. Reel, "Tigers" came from Princeton***

Feb 20, 2023, 6:30 PM

Interesting, do you have any source material where he wrote that? I would like to read it, every story I have ever read or heard had to do with Heisman coming from Auburn and liking the name.

This article says it wasn't just Heisman, but also Walter Riggs (who was an Auburn graduate) who helped bring Heisman in, and in the process borrowed many thing Auburn... http://www.trackemtigers.com/2010/9/13/1684033/history-surrounds-auburn-clemson

Aside from hearing it in his class, Spring '08 I believe,

Jul 20, 2012, 9:23 AM

no I don't have any proof. And I agree I mostly see that it came from Auburn, but just saying what I heard from him.

Obviously I can't refute you without links, but figured I would share.

Re: Aside from hearing it in his class, Spring '08 I believe,

Jul 20, 2012, 9:49 AM

Cool, I had him in class as well, but before 08. I wasn't trying to challenge you into backing up your claims, I was just interested in reading a different opinion on the origination. Because seriously, it doesn't really matter.

Maybe Auburn stole it from Princeton, and then Clemson stole it from Auburn! The real question is from where did Princeton steal the name?!

Auburn have been known as Tigers, Plainsmen and War Eagle

Jul 20, 2012, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: May I totally detest usc, but hate another team even more? ]

Seems like they have the identity crisis.

I'm going to disagree with you here.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with the Auburn fans, and have always thought of how the school reminded me of Clemson. We are so similar in so many different ways. The tree thing was just wrong for many different reasons.

Re: I'm going to disagree with you here. I support this

Jul 20, 2012, 9:04 AM

never met anyone from Auburn who wasnt very nice to us. Very much like CU folks. Never been more welcomed on a road trip than at Auburn and they were very nice when visting CU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my experience Auburn fans have been nice folks. They were very welcoming when I went the game at Auburn a couple years ago.

However, it is annoying when they steal slogans such as "All In," and then pretend like they were the first to use it.

Agreed. Auburn is easier to hate

simply because they're better than usuck. FSU and GT are up there too...once we get back to kicking the crap out of south carolina every year again (happening very soon), no one will give two $hits about the chickens. just like it's supposed to be. GO TIGERS

I'll still hate the chickens

Jul 20, 2012, 10:08 AM

even when we're kicking the #### out of them, next thing you know after this year they'll want to talk about the past...and then it's a win-win for us

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 20, 2012, 8:46 AM

We also "stole" a number of building designs from their campus, our colors, etc.

And from a fanbase comparison, Auburn fans are at least 100x classier than the coots. I sat with a bunch of Auburn fans at the Chickfila Bowl a few years ago, and grabbed drinks with a a few Auburn fans when I was out of town for last years game- both experiences were the exact opposite of 99% of the interactions I've had with USuC fans. Auburn fans have even mentioned to me that if they were to lose Adams as a recruit, they hope he chooses Clemson rather than any other school. Think any coots would have said that if we had landed Clowney instead of them?

I agree******

Jul 20, 2012, 8:47 AM

I have nothing against USC. Since

Jul 20, 2012, 9:16 AM

we never have to play them. Matt Barkley is cool, and I love how Kiffin slapped the OBS around.

Remember;

USC is in California, Carolina is in Chapal Hill, and Clemson is THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Okay the votes are in and apparently I am not allowed to

Jul 20, 2012, 9:19 AM

feel this way about Auburn --- not to mention I was kidding about the tree thing.
Go Tigers, oh wait.

USC is in California.***

Jul 20, 2012, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic