Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Besides run his mouth and tweet what has Trump done?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Besides run his mouth and tweet what has Trump done?

Jan 15, 2019, 11:15 AM

It’s a serious question. For you Trump supporters. How is your life better? And don’t give lip about the tax cut. For most of us the tax cut evaporates with normal inflation.

Are roads any better? No.
Are we safer? No. Crime continues to rise for the law and order president- dispite his priority on kicking people out. And Russia is unchecked.
Are we holding tech companies accountable? No.
Healthcare? Has gotten worse. Nope.
Education? No.
The environment? Nope.
Civil rights? No.
Wages? Nope.

Tell me again who he made America Great for?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

collected ALL of the Monopoly pieces from McD's***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:18 AM

LOLOLOLOL (that’s brilliant) thank you***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:24 AM

Re: Besides run his mouth and tweet what has Trump done?

Jan 15, 2019, 11:22 AM

For the record...Obama didn't make my life any better either. I still respected the position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I owe Obama and Bernanke a debt of gratitude for saving

Jan 15, 2019, 11:25 AM

the economy in the face of economically ignorant and downright economically dishonest Republicans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really. The economy was going to

Jan 15, 2021, 7:37 PM

bounce back after 2008 no matter who was prez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, really. It was going to happen as quickly with a

Jan 15, 2019, 9:16 PM

Republican in office. Bernanke and Obama had a much better understanding of what was needed and fought for it. Republicans were trying to stop Bernanke and Obama from doing what needed to be done.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it odd that after a complete breakdown of our banking

Jan 16, 2019, 11:53 AM

system that "Obama had a much better understanding of what was needed" at that point, but had no idea what to do for the next 6 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did Obama do...that the GOP was against....

Jan 16, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Yeah, really. It was going to happen as quickly with a ]

that helped to hasten the recovery?

Re: What did Obama do...that the GOP was against....

Jan 16, 2019, 5:54 PM

I seem to recall the republicans came up with this Tea Party Plan where we just kind of sit around in period costumes and insist that government not spend 1 dime to get out of the recession.. It was simply Brilliant, I am amazed that Obama did not do this instead.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really a very good summary...

Jan 17, 2019, 7:27 AM

the Tea Party movement was initially a reaction to Bush's bank bailout and of the Obama admin plan that bailed out homeowners who bought a lot more house than they could afford.

It then gained momentum after the ACA passed.

Re: Not really a very good summary...

Jan 20, 2019, 10:14 AM

fair, but also I seem to recall that movement opposing his jobs plan, which never made it through the congress. The tea poverty movement was all about austerity. I have never seen a bigger group of willing idiots. {fight me}

What did Obama do...that the GOP was against....

Jan 16, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Yeah, really. It was going to happen as quickly with a ]

that helped to hasten the recovery?

I would content that Obama's policies hindered...

Jan 16, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Not really. The economy was going to ]

the recovery (meaning slowed it/lengthened it).

Historically speaking, the bounce-back from the recession should have been a lot faster. Over-regulation, ACA, and tax increases slowed it IMO.

I would also contend***

Jan 16, 2019, 4:03 PM

Bush signed TARP 1 in Oct 2008

Jan 16, 2019, 8:44 PM [ in reply to I owe Obama and Bernanke a debt of gratitude for saving ]

Nobody went to jail under Obama for causing the collapse. Some #### body should have gone to jail at AIG and others

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many of the key players went to work for the Obama admin***

Jan 17, 2019, 2:35 PM

Re: Many of the key players went to work for the Obama admin***

Jan 20, 2019, 8:01 AM

Yup, another reason why the recovery was so slow. They should be in prison amd yet, they get cushy government offices and more power. Corrupt as hell.

I agree. Obama did very little. But I didn’t ask about Obama.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Besides run his mouth and tweet what has Trump done? ]

I’ve never voted for a Dem for Pres. and probably never will. Even in 2020, as much as I dislike Trump.

May I ask why people respond this way? Constantly comparing Trump to Obama? Obama sucked too. I’ll gladly concede the point. Which gets me back to my original question: what has Trump ever done? He’s not a generous man, a kind man, and he’s certainly not a visionary. Any man who uses ancient tactics- walls and tariffs- doesn’t have a clue the way the world has evolved or where it’s going. Nor does Trump seem interested in learning about new things and ideas.

So I ask again, what policy by Trump has made your life better?

He changed the Republican Party Platform regarding Ukraine

Jan 15, 2019, 11:23 AM

removing support for supplying weapons for fighters opposed to Russia's aggression.

Putin was pleased with his man.

So there's that.

Exactly. Solid foreign policy- to wilt in the face of an aggressive foe.***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:37 AM

Are you retarded?***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you could kindly answer the question?

Jan 15, 2019, 11:36 AM

You are proving my point. Instead of a real answer, you resort to being an ###. Can you actually provide evidence of how YOUR life is better?

The industry I work in is on fire

Jan 15, 2019, 11:42 AM

And it's that way for many, many people. Wages are up for many for the first time in almost a decade.

I ask if you're retarded because, well, your post was retarded. I guess you expected the feds to sweep in and fix all of the roads, build new schools, etc.? I mean, how has healthcare gotten worse? How do you quantify that anyway? Russia unchecked? LOL

I don't personally like the guy, but I don't need to either. I'm not saying he's perfect, or I agree with his policies lock-step, but some of you acting like we're living through the Great Depression need to check back into reality and gain some perspective.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad your particular industry (out of thousands) is on

Jan 17, 2019, 12:20 PM

fire. There are many industries who are hurting right now. For example: we've got 4 million contractors out of work due to a temper tantrum right this second. Also, perhaps you have forgotten but we are subsidizing the everliving crap out of farmers who now can't sell their crops due to the pointless Trump tariffs.

Wage growth in 2018 was 1% after inflation. Woohoo.

Let's not forget this: "The Dow fell 5.6%. The S&P 500 was down 6.2% and the Nasdaq fell 4%. It was the worst year for stocks since 2008 and only the second year the Dow and S&P 500 fell in the past decade."

And that was WITH the corporate tax rate cut of over 10%, leading to a round of stock buybacks (rather than increased wages or further investment).

2019 is going to be interesting. I think the wheels are coming off for Trump and the economy is going to sputter a bit.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:54 AM

Here you go.....

http://www.magapill.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 12:20 PM

I'm going to correct everything you just said, because every point was literally wrong.

- Are roads any better? No.
This is a state issue. If you have an issue with it, lobby your state legislature.

- Are we safer? No. Crime continues to rise for the law and order president- dispite his priority on kicking people out. And Russia is unchecked.
The amount of stupidity in this is insane. Crime is at a 50 year all time low in this country and still falling. You are totally wrong. And Russia unchecked? Is that why Trump is increasing NATO funding and resources to ramp up efforts to stop Russian influence in Europe? Is that why Trump cut a deal with Germany to give the Germans an alternative source for oil than building a Russian pipeline? Is that why Trump directed US Special Forces units to kill Russian mercenaries in Syria, which they did to great success? Is that why Trump just created a new arms deal with Ukraine and is supplying the Ukrainian military with upgraded military weapons from the US to help them repel Russian incursion? Considering how many anti-Russian things Trump has done, the "Trump is a Russian insider", Manchurian Candidate narrative is a total farce

Crime Rate, FBI Statistics: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/03/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/upshot/us-murder-rate-for-2018-is-on-track-for-a-big-drop.html
Pipeline: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-07/germany-wobbles-on-russian-gas-pipeline-as-trump-pressure-tells
NATO: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-says-u-s-committed-mutual-support-nato-allies
Russian Mercenaries, US Special Forces killed an entire force of 200 hostile Russian mercenaries: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html
Ukraine: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2017/12/20/trump-administration-approves-lethal-arms-sales-to-ukraine/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3cfca9b5a16d

- Are we holding tech companies accountable? No.
Accountable for what, exactly? Selling data that it's users willfully agreed to share publicly?

- Healthcare? Has gotten worse. Nope.
Not exactly Trumps fault, now is it? Look at the regulations of the prior administration and how Trump's efforts to pass regulatory reform have been stonewalled at every turn. Its hard to change the system if you cant pass crucial regulatory reform. As is, the regulations from the prior administration continue to persist in their downward spiral of high spending and high cost of access.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterubel/2018/04/20/the-u-s-healthcare-system-back-to-its-high-spendin-ways/#2487e929de01

- Education? No.
Not a Federal issue. See the 10th Amendment to the Constitution.

- The environment? Nope.
Wrong. US environmental care and cleanliness is better than it has ever been. Our environment is the "cleanest" it has been in our lifetimes. Also, thanks to the Trump adminsitrations regulatory reform which has been incredibly friendly towards developing more electrical and renewable energy applications, this projection is only going to increase as the market demands more and more clean energy solutions.
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/environment-cleaner-global-warming/
https://www.epa.gov/clean-air-act-overview/progress-cleaning-air-and-improving-peoples-health

- Civil rights? No.
Totally irrelevant and unsubstantiated. Show me one place where any citizen of this country is being denied their civil rights. This is total hearsay and completely unsubstantiated.

- Wages? Nope.
Wrong. Wages are increasing faster than they have in over a decade while job growth and market growth and increasing faster than ever before in over 100 years
https://www.wsj.com/articles/wages-rise-at-fastest-rate-in-nearly-a-decade-as-hiring-jumps-in-october-1541161920
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/09/07/wages-why-growth-hit-2-9-percent-august/1222884002/

Here is an idea, why dont you turn off Rachael Maddow, get off of r/politics and facebook, and actually READ some factual information?

Jan 15, 2019, 4:48 PM

JeffersonStTiger you got any kind of reply you would like to make or are you just gunna sit there in your delusions? I'm waiting.

Jan 15, 2019, 12:59 PM

Support for Trump seems more like a vehicle to hate dems, progessives and liberals than it does actual support for the man.

I think it drives both sides

Jan 15, 2019, 1:52 PM

Liberals get more outrages than ever, so the Trump supports get louder and louder, then the liberals find a way to create more fake outrage. I'm not a Trump guy but looking from an independent stand point, yes he says some dumb chit but honestly he's not that bad.

I find it humorous that after two years, they still hang on

Jan 15, 2019, 6:54 PM

his every word.

Yes, I gave you a thumbs up.

Jan 20, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Besides run his mouth and tweet what has Trump done? ]

First correct statement you have ever made on T-Net. You deserve it.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Stopped at "How is your life better?".

Jan 15, 2019, 2:34 PM

Not Trump's job. Or Obama's. Or any President's job really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is absolutely the correct answer

Jan 15, 2019, 2:36 PM

End this thread.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Stopped at "How is your life better?".

Jan 20, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Stopped at "How is your life better?". ]

and our founders put the pursuit of life liberty and happiness on the mast head. I do not remember an idiom that says the child in the white house should make us all miserable.

Being miserable about is your choice.

Jan 20, 2019, 1:24 PM

Yet, you didn't vote. You still b itch.

Blame your parents, roll, lick and lite..

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Stopped at "How is your life better?".

Jan 20, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Stopped at "How is your life better?". ]

and our founders put the pursuit of life liberty and happiness on the mast head. I do not remember an idiom that says the child in the white house should make us all miserable.

Yes Balm but once again you forget that those are for you to attain, not be handed to you by the Federal Government. Also remember that your misery or happiness can only be changed by you alone. If you are waiting for Daddy to make you happy you are doomed to misery.

Can you please explain this....

Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 PM

"For most of us the tax cut evaporates with normal inflation."

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me...what do you mean?

Hardly any inflation so that doesn't fly

Jan 15, 2019, 7:15 PM

anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's more it doesn't even make sense....

Jan 16, 2019, 11:50 AM

The tax cut is easy to measure

I would bring home $xx without the cut and I would bring home $yy with the cut.

Inflation impacts buying power, but the net change or effect of the tax cut is the same with or without inflation.

Painfully obvious you're a consumer of corporate media.

Jan 15, 2019, 6:53 PM

Wow lol

Voted for Hillary but you can't deny his

Jan 15, 2019, 6:57 PM

positive influence on the market until he started his asinine tariffs to create so much uncertainty in the market.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:56 AM

Burgers and paper towels.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:57 AM

At least Trump hasn't taken us to a needless war like W did.

Jan 20, 2019, 8:52 AM

Carlsbad, it would depend upon definition of needless and to your own knowledge of why it occured. Truth is the reasons given were not the real reasons but more to do with keeping the US dollar the Reserve Currency of the World. Hussein was attempting to sell oil in denominations other than USD, if it had occured the USD status would be harmed. We are unable to finance our debt withut being held as the Reserve Currency as interest rates would kill us.

not a supporter of Trump, but can you tell me how

Jan 16, 2019, 8:40 PM

your life was made better under Obama. All I know is I pay a lot more health insurance premiums for a much crappier policy. I really don’t know if that’s Obama’s fault or not. Truthfully, i can’t name one thing any President in my lifetime has done that has impacted me positively ( that I can directly link to them)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not a supporter of Trump, but can you tell me how

Jan 17, 2019, 5:10 AM

How has your health care improved under Trump? Is it better now? I am not knocking Trump by the way. Those were serious questions.

Re: not a supporter of Trump, but can you tell me how

Jan 20, 2019, 8:55 AM

My health care was not changed by any Presidents policies. So there is that, really has not changed in terms of costs either.

Look, Trump is a disgusting piece of ****, but he's

Jan 17, 2019, 2:17 PM

actually gotten some things done.

I don't know how all of it will shake out in the long-term, but his administration has changed China's behavior for sure.

The economy, at least for now, obviously reacted positively to Hillary or Bernie not getting elected. Not sure how much of that goes to Trump beyond just not being Bernie or Hillary.

Hell, he even seems to have made a dent on the Fed's decision-making. They are th most important element of our economy that nobody seems to give a #### about.

If he gets us out of Afghanistan and Syria then he will have taken a massive step in the right direction in terms of foreign policy and countering the biggest part of the Swamp.... the Military Industrial Complex.

Again, I can't stand him. He's badly damaged and very small. But his administration had made an impact on some issues that no president has budged for a very long time. His administration is tackling things that most people have not been acclimated to pay attention to, but are the most important underpinnings of our way of life.

So, I criticize Trump for a LOT. But he's definitely making a difference. I hope it will end up a net gain.

Bottom line though, our federal spending is still awful. Our deficit is still nation-destroying. He doesn't seem to be interested in cutting overall spending. Drastic cuts in the government's budget are badly needed or this whole ship will necessarily sink.

Re: Look, Trump is a disgusting piece of ****, but he's

Jan 20, 2019, 8:54 AM

You can also toss in getting NATO to accelerate the paying for the cost of their own defense.

Jan 20, 2019, 10:19 AM

yeah, our membership dues to the UN and NATO are a such huge siphon from our economy, I mean we should all collectively stop paying our insurance bills while we are at it, this seems like a brilliant move for our species.

It's important for more reasons that just the money itself.

Jan 20, 2019, 11:03 AM

NATO relying on us so heavily is part of the reason we are flung all over the world in places we have no business being.

Plus, the whole purpose for NATO's existence has expired. So I wouldn't mind disbanding it or re-structuring it so it's not clearly oriented towards isolating and threatening Russia.

Lastly, the aggressive expansion of NATO after the fall of the Soviet Union was one of the worst decisions in American history. Put us in a position of aggressor.

Jan 20, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Look, Trump is a disgusting piece of ****, but he's ]

yeah, our membership dues to the UN and NATO are a such huge siphon from our economy, I mean we should all collectively stop paying our insurance bills while we are at it, this seems like a brilliant move for our species.

You do get that the money those NATO countries save by decreased military spending are diverted to social programs right? Something you advocate for and we could do the same with the savings. Good grief you are like the Scarecrow.

Jan 20, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Look, Trump is a disgusting piece of ****, but he's ]

Speaking of getting us out of Afghanistan and Syria. People say that the 4 deaths recently of our troops in Syria shows why we should stay, because ISIS isn't done. My opinion is that radical Islam will never be done. Removing our troops means that there won't be the deaths of our troops. I agree with Trump in that regard. As long as we don't leave the Kurds hanging, I am glad we are leaving.

If we had already pulled out of Syria, those soldiers would

Jan 20, 2019, 11:05 AM

be alive.

And ISIS grew there BECAUSE of our intervention. The vacuum that you keep hearing about existed because we toppled Saddam and then tried to overthrow Assad.

ISIS and Al Qaeda only exist in that part of the world because we keep kicking over ant hills and walking away.

Iran, Russia, Syria and Iraq have done more to exterminate ISIS than the US and all of our allies. (YPG obviously deserve a lot of credit too)

When you throw Al Qaeda into the mix, we intentionally helped them in order to help topple a potential Iranian ally in Assad.

We have more blood on our hands than Assad in Syria. It's truly a historical shame.

Re: If we had already pulled out of Syria, those soldiers would

Jan 20, 2019, 12:22 PM

We have more blood of course, but the situations are different.

Situations are different. We are primarily responsible for

Jan 20, 2019, 1:02 PM

the deaths and destruction there. Assad was a bogeyman to help put a fake moral justification on a cold-blooded, realist attempt to overthrow a government (Syria) that likes Iran more than it does us.

The only reason the Syrian tragedy happened is because Israel and Saudi Arabia agree that Iran is the biggest threat to their unchecked power in the region and since Israel and Saudi Arabia have more influence on our foreign policy than the aloof American voter, they can use us as their bodyguards.... except in Yemen. That's too obviously evil so we won't do it directly, it's the one theatre they have to do their own fighting (with our logistical support.) That's why you don't hear a lot about Yemen, despite it being one of the biggest tragedies in human history.

Anyways... a stable, healthy Syria, along with a stable healthy Iraq means that Iran would have two strategically important friends as neighbors. That plus a Houthi controlled Yemen would give Iran huge leverage over Saudi Arabia and Israel.

This is why we justified helping Saddam Hussein use chemical weapons on Iranians in the 80's. We knew that his Sunni minority faction, as long as he was in power, would stem the tide against Iran's Shia influence. Now that Saddam is gone, Shia majority are very friendly with Iran.

Regarding Syria now, we know that Syria is minority Shia, and that by toppling Assad (Who's family is Alawi, which is a weird version of Shi'ism), even if jihadists take take over, they would be Sunni jihadists so they would not align with Iran and even work to destabilize Iran.

If anyone is curious as to how the few remaining pockets of ISIS just so happen to be close to American occupied parts of Syria, or why ISIS was able to grow in Syria until Russia intervened... that's why. We don't see ISIS as a threat to our interests nearly to the same degree as a strong, healthy Iran. If anything, we see ISIS as useful because they fight Iran WAY more often than us.

It's so depressingly effed up. I was a bonafide nationalist, pro-interventionist, neo-con until I dove into this. I simply had no idea. Education sure blew that up.

Re: Situations are different. We are primarily responsible for

Jan 20, 2019, 1:04 PM

Syria also happened because of Syrians being in civil war.

No bro. That's the thing. The "civil war" was a long-term

Jan 20, 2019, 1:07 PM

project of our's, Israel's and Saudi Arabia... among other lackeys like UK and Gulf States. It was a foreign-stoked uprising. Read my previous post if you want to continue this. That's really what's going on.

isis

Jan 20, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Look, Trump is a disgusting piece of ****, but he's ]

Re: isis

Jan 20, 2019, 12:37 PM

Yep, the US military did a good job Now what happens? Do you want us to stay or go? What's your point?

The US military didn't do that. We had a small role.***

Jan 20, 2019, 1:03 PM

Re: The US military didn't do that. We had a small role.***

Jan 20, 2019, 1:05 PM

We had an enormous role. You're ignorant.

Sigh.... no we didn't. The reason I am telling you this is

Jan 20, 2019, 1:07 PM

because I am one of the few people who isn't ignorant on this.

Re: Sigh.... no we didn't. The reason I am telling you this is

Jan 20, 2019, 1:14 PM

Yeah you are probably more ignorant than anyone who posts here on this issue, to be quite honest. Your brain is cluttered with ignorant nutty conspiracy theories. Without our troops, our funding, our air support, our injured, and our deaths, ISIS would still be going strong. That is fact. You're smart, but your brain gets to you.

If you realized how ironic you were being, I think you

Jan 20, 2019, 1:18 PM

would be very embarrassed.

I'm not exactly sure what you think is a conspiracy.... but if I had to guess I would say because you are unfamiliar with the detailed history of US foreign policy, it makes it easy for you to react to things you don't know about as "conspiracy." You should just calm down and use logical dialectic to get to a better understanding instead of shutting down. If you have a problem with something, be specific.

I can provide you with mainstream, historical documentation for literally everything I am saying. You just are not aware of it yet, apparently. If you can just relax and be patient, you may learn something. Just try not to shut down and revert back to the feedback loop.

Re: If you realized how ironic you were being, I think you

Jan 20, 2019, 1:21 PM

Nothing you have ever posted has ever come to fruition. You're a nutcase, an ignorant one at that, You're clueless.

Haha, ok. I'll wait until your tizzy is over and then I'm

Jan 20, 2019, 1:27 PM

sure you'll be easier to deal with. Once you get into your tantrums I've learned its best to let you cool down.

I called our bombing of Syria the night before it happened. That's a thread on here. I told everyone that Israel was helping terrorists on their border, before the mainstream media announced it. People thought that was conspiracy. I told people that if Syria, Iran and Russia were left alone to destroy ISIS they would... and sure enough ISIS grew until 2015 and started shrinking after 2015 when Russia intervened. I told people that we were helping Al Qaeda, and people said it was crazy, then mainstream media announced it and people acted like it wasn't a big deal.

But like I said, we can talk later once your blood cools off.

Haha, he was even the guy who first confirmed I was right.

Jan 20, 2019, 1:59 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Prediction-FBI-investigation-will-sink-to-2nd-page-soon-23388439

You can't make this kind of stuff up.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: If you realized how ironic you were being, I think you ]

You're putting your foot in your mouth. You are also wrong.

Also, our presence in Syria has been tiny. The only troops we have had in Syria are a small contingency of Green Berets, SEAL Team 3, SEAL Team 6/DEVGRU, and SFOD-D. Only special forces. The highest ranking soldier who commanded the ENTIRE operation in Syria was an E-6 (staff sergeant). Almost all special forces operations are enlisted personnel only, including their chain of command. Their presence and footprint is tiny, their effectiveness is significant however.

Besides that, we had some minor air support from the Navy and Air Force, mostly from small multi-role fighters and reconnaissance or medical dustoff recovery.

Brother-in-law is a Green Beret who was in Syria during the civil war over the past few years.

We had around 2,000 troops in Syria, less than 700 were combat troops.

Jan 20, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to If you realized how ironic you were being, I think you ]

Forgot to add, you are very similar to a "flat earther".

And you are similar to a parrot.

Jan 20, 2019, 1:28 PM

You blurt things out but are literally incapable, even when begged, to ever say anything specific as a follow-up.

Re: And you are similar to a parrot.

Jan 20, 2019, 1:34 PM

I have read your stuff for years. It's way too broad to pin point all issues when it comes to all of the nutiness you post. I do know you insult to every soldier that has been injured, died, or has ever served in that war. We can agree on other things, such as motive or right and wrong of why we do what we do, but to act like our troops did very little is Dbag ignorant maneuver. I will block you now. Take care.

You really should quit being so emotional.

Jan 20, 2019, 1:55 PM

Nothing I said ever took away from what one individual person did to fight ISIS. Every individual regardless of what any country they fight for, deserves equal thanks, respect and credit if they risked their lives.

But military or political organizations are a different matter. It's not disrespectful to my family members who fought in WW2 to acknowledge that the Soviet Union contributed way more to the death of the Nazi empire than the US did. Just because you don't know what you are talking about, you have a skewed view of reality. Trying to use soldiers sacrifice to shelter your poor understanding, as if it has anything to do with what I am saying... is more disrespectful than anything I have said.

When you freak out you make it impossible to learn anything. I'd love to discuss this with anyone who has a perspective to offer. But you just throw poop all over the place. It's not very useful to yourself or others.

Re: You really should quit being so emotional.

Jan 20, 2019, 3:17 PM

What most folks do not grasp that lines on a map drawn by the Brits in the 20’s mean little to those living there. What they fail to grasp is that tribal lineage, religious sects are more important than a sense of Country in the ME. The groups outside of possibly the Kurds are all suspect in their leanings as to what they want as a final outcome. Thing is Turkey will never allow what the Kurds want, a nation for themselves, and it will be a blood bath before that dream comes to pass.

Yes things are so tangled now.... you have to have...

Jan 21, 2019, 5:56 PM

a lot of historical context to even have a chance to understand anything over there.

People think they can watch the news and somehow understand world events. That's when you are completely at the mercy of media narrative. Without context and alternate sources one is helpless to find any sliver of reality beyond their own experience.

Re: You really should quit being so emotional.

Jan 20, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to You really should quit being so emotional. ]

His I will block you now has been his last line of replies once he has run out of echo chamber thoughts.

Yeah, maybe him blocking me is for the best.

Jan 21, 2019, 5:58 PM

He doesn't really engage in any discussions in-depth. He mainly just delivers the common mainstream perception or discusses things within those narrow bounds... and then very quickly hurls insults and freaks out when pushed to go beyond that.

I am inclined to make my points and stick with something so when he freaks out I probably waste my breathe alot.

Jan 21, 2019, 1:41 AM

How do you figure the roads aren't any better?
Road construction has been going strong for years even under Obama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 1:36 PM

You’re not asking this question to understand or learn, you’re asking to respond. The fact is, if you have to ask, then you haven’t been paying attention. And if you’re not in agreement with how much progress he’s made, then you probably didn’t realize how effed up the country was to begin with. Just how screwed up was it you ask? Enough for the people to elect Trump.

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic