Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking FSU fans now know how we felt after "Punt-rooski"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,655

Thinking FSU fans now know how we felt after "Punt-rooski"

Oct 26, 2015, 3:55 PM

What a kick in the gut that was ...

So, I had to take just a moment to chuckle to myself when "what went around, finally came around" for the Noles ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just that one, they had a few rooskie plays.

Oct 26, 2015, 3:57 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They deserve 100 more....

Oct 26, 2015, 4:00 PM

...Wish they'd go Miami's route....

I'm far from liking the Noles, but if they go the way of the

Oct 26, 2015, 4:05 PM

hurricanes that wouldn't do our conference any good. We need the Hurricanes to start beating the Floridas of the world. And not to lose to the sorry Gamecocks in bowl games. That's just ridiculous.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: I'm far from liking the Noles, but if they go the way of the

Oct 26, 2015, 4:17 PM

The coots will be a Nobowla team this year!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking FSU fans now know how we felt after "Punt-rooski"

Oct 26, 2015, 4:12 PM

Unplanned and a freak play that some time happens in the game. So I don't think they know anything of how we felt about the "Punt-rooski" that Bobby Bowden fooled us with... Now if we can pull a "shutout rooski" on them, they will know something about how we felt. Maybe more so that us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like any time a team lines up for a really long FG, it

Oct 26, 2015, 4:47 PM

would be mandatory that the kicking team prepare mentally before the snap that a return could occur.

It's one thing to get the kick blocked, but it's a whole other level of screw-up to let it be returned for a TD.

Shows lack of focus and lack of preparation.

I agree... have we learned nothing from the "kick six"

Oct 26, 2015, 5:28 PM

If I'm lining up to kick a 55+ yarder, i'm putting at least 3-4 "athletes" on the field who could run down a guy that either caught a short field goal or recovered a block. Aguayo had the best shot at tackling that guy and it wasn't even close... he got totally burned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher have now let it happen to them

Oct 26, 2015, 10:28 PM

and it cost them both huge games.

Re: Thinking FSU fans now know how we felt after "Punt-rooski"

Oct 26, 2015, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Thinking FSU fans now know how we felt after "Punt-rooski" ]

My thoughts, but add too that THE ONLY person who didn't see that one coming that day was Danny Ford. Myself, I was a cadet at The Citadel. Had just been relieved of a duty off campus, ran to my car to listen to the game and heard just enough preceding to think, "this is going to be a fake." Almost everyone I have talked to since said the same sort of thing in anticipating the fake, but DF, somehow just missed it.

No, FSU might know what it feels like to lose a close one on the last play of the game - and it isnt a good feeling. But losing one based on a trick play that everyone else in the world except your coach, saw coming....I say that is a lower feeling still. Just to illustrate, does anyone really believe folks will still be talking about GT's score off the blocked FG decades from now? Probably not. The puntrooskie is as sour to Clemson fans of the appropriate age as losing the war was to the south - we'll never forget.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why? they lost on a fluke, not a designed play.

Oct 26, 2015, 5:07 PM

bobby cut our guts out..tech just got lucky.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: why? they lost on a fluke, not a designed play.

Oct 26, 2015, 10:36 PM

Because the result was the same ... a total and completely unexpected, last minute reversal of fortune.

Both situations were classic cases of defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory.

It was an unusual circumstance for sure ... but, I don't know that I'd call it a fluke. Unless it's a fluke when the kicking team gets caught totally unprepared and loses focus while trying to execute a long game winning FG.

In the puntrooski game, we simply lost focus and we weren't prepared for a possible trick play from FSU in their own territory with the game on the line. If we had been, the play would have failed.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic