Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Medical Mystery solved: Red Bull gives me night sweats.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 201

Medical Mystery solved: Red Bull gives me night sweats.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:10 PM

I may have bitched complained about my frequent night sweats on here a few weeks ago.

It was bad enough that I went to see my doctor.

He cut my dose of Zoloft in half and told me that was probably the issue (I've had night sweats for about 6 months but have been taking Zoloft since college).

The smaller dose didn't help.

I played around with my diet and found that Redbull energy drinks were the culprit.

I have always been a big coffee drinker, but started buying a redbull in the morning 3-4 days a week about 6 months ago as a change of pace.

Once I started charting it, I found a 100% correlation.

Since I've been off "the Bull", I haven't had any more issues.

I doubt it was the caffeine, b/c I get more caffeine from regular old coffee... probably one of those other ingredients (niacin, Taurine...etc.)

Just thought I'd throw that out there in the rare chance that somebody else has a similar issue. Also to let Greenr know that he doesn't have to put the rubber sheets on the bed for me next time around... unless he wants to do that thing we sometimes do with a 5 Gallon drum of Mazola.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Mazola:

Jul 10, 2019, 3:15 PM

Corn Goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBfLJFATjO0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have an uncle that

Jul 10, 2019, 3:17 PM

used to drink about 3-4 red bulls a day. They started giving him nose bleeds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL you are Chad Morris' nephew***

Jul 10, 2019, 3:23 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NRG drinks are baaaad. Mmmmmkaaaaayyyyy.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to I have an uncle that ]

I drink 2 cups of coffee in the AM and maybe one Diet Mtn Dew if I'm dragging mid-afternoon. Last NRG drink I drank was like 8 years ago. I drank it and was driving home. I was on the interstate, well, 277 in Columbia. Anyway I noticed my ear started tingling and itching. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I started feeling woozy and pulled over. I JUST got the car in park and evidently safely off the road when I passed out. Not sure how long I was out. Couldn't have been more than 5 mins. Woke up and has pissed all over myself and my dip had fallen in my lap.

Nope. Never again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NRG drinks are baaaad. Mmmmmkaaaaayyyyy.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:40 PM

Baaaad.***

Jul 10, 2019, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From an energy drink?

Jul 10, 2019, 4:34 PM [ in reply to NRG drinks are baaaad. Mmmmmkaaaaayyyyy. ]

It wasn't the GHB or Robitussin you chased it with?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or the crack or computer duster???***

Jul 10, 2019, 4:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Not on any meds either. I'll never forget, it was

Jul 10, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to From an energy drink? ]

called SLAP. Little did I know, but it had 220mg of caffeine, and that's like 3 cups of strong coffee. Strong even for an energy drink. Didn't help that I chugged it either.

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/slap-energy-drinks

Very dangerous. I could have died, not to mention I was doing 65mph when it "hit". Was about 10 mins or so after finishing it. Drank it in like 2 minutes maybe. It was literally MAYBE 20 seconds from when I started to feel woozy until I was out. And in that time I was able to pull over in the emergency lane, stop, and somehow got it in park.

I've passed out/fainted exactly twice in my life. The first time was the first IV I ever had. When they flush it and inject the saline, no one ever told me you get a bitter taste in your mouth, like sucking a penny. That plus the needle did me in. Second time was the NRG drink. 43 years, and that's the only two times.

I'm drinking a sugar free red bull right now.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:32 PM

As i did yesterday. I haven't had night sweats since I the last time I had the flu.

It's probably the zoloft, and your body fighting off the attempt to become a mass murderer while you are on it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have taken you for a Monster white drinker***

Jul 10, 2019, 3:34 PM

I bet he has a couple of Affliction shirts

Jul 10, 2019, 3:42 PM

that he cut the sleeves off of.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White rimmed sunglasses, and a foot long vaping

Jul 10, 2019, 3:56 PM

dealdough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it gave you wings.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:47 PM

So obviously, you're using it wrong. I mean, you WERE putting it in your hole like you're supposed to, right?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mazola is nasty.

Jul 10, 2019, 6:46 PM

I use crisco.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 201
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic