Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bridge Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Bridge Program

Feb 11, 2014, 9:54 AM

Did any of y'all have to do it? I'm out of state so I've heard that doesn't help my chances. Some input would be great

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you do that program you get to stay in the nicest apts

Feb 11, 2014, 9:58 AM

in the Clemson area for students, so that's a plus

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: If you do that program you get to stay in the nicest apts

Feb 11, 2014, 10:01 AM

Yeah I've heard high point is pretty sweet.

The only thing is that it's kinda "far away" from campus.

Feb 11, 2014, 10:12 AM

It's really only like 7-10 minutes away if that, but most of the other apt complexes are around <2 miles from campus, so it feels far away by comparison.

Great place though, the pool/clubhouse is fantastic, great parties if you're into that, very spacious living areas and rooms.

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: The only thing is that it's kinda "far away" from campus.

Feb 11, 2014, 10:17 AM

I've been up there and seen it, it's not bad distance wise. As long as I can get to Death Valley on game day I'm good.

Highpointe isnt that great

Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to If you do that program you get to stay in the nicest apts ]

The Bridge apartments were falling apart when I was there.

Chimney Ridge or The Village are probably the best off campus places.

Re: Bridge Program

Feb 11, 2014, 10:07 AM

I did not personally but had several friends that did. Most didn't mind it and it allowed them to get some general classes out of the way before they enrolled at Clemson. Also you usually make friends that are doing the same and you all end up at Clemson together so it is very similar to being a freshman on campus.

null

Re: Bridge Program

Feb 11, 2014, 10:08 AM

I have talked with two different co-workers that had children that weren't accepted to CU but were accepted to the bridge program. My assumption is that the qualifications are a little lower because they don't effect the incoming freshman class grade for US News top 50 schools. I wouldn't think that there is a priority for in-state students. Check this link.
http://www.clemson.edu/admissions/bridge/faq.html

I'm curious about acceptance

Feb 11, 2014, 10:11 AM

Do they deny you first then send you a letter later in the mail or do they send you a bridge acceptance instead of a Clemson letter?

The Bridge Program is invitation-only as far as I know.

Feb 11, 2014, 11:06 AM

However, if you are admitted into the Bridge Program, and then meet the 1st-year requirements at TCTC (2.5 GPA with 30 credit hours), you are automatically admitted into Clemson for your sophomore year. You won't even need to resubmit an application.

While, a Bridge student you are also allowed to use Clemson's academic resources.

My son was in the Bridge program.....

Feb 11, 2014, 11:35 AM

He graduates this May with a Corporate Finance/Accounting degree. While he was initially upset that he didn't get into CU straight away, he could go to all the games and use all the facilities. Very much a Clemson student. He benefited from 1 year at Tri county, as it helped him get his feet wet and adjust to college life. Moving to Clemson his sophomore year (2.5 GPA and you are automatically accepted) was a snap because he already had friends and was familiar with the campus. Most important, I think the Bridge kids have a higher retention rate @ CU than incoming CU freshmen. Contact me off-line if you want info. You graduate with a Clemson degree, why wouldn't you do it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus, you save about $10 gr.***

Feb 11, 2014, 11:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they offer it, take it

Feb 11, 2014, 12:14 PM

It's a chance to prove that you can succeed in "college life", and it gives you a guaranteed path to Clemson proper if you keep your grades up. It's a great program.

I did Bridge and passed. I'm about to graduate from Clemson.

Feb 11, 2014, 12:34 PM

I enjoyed the program, it got me to Clemson. Overall it is a great program. It has its quirks, but overall it helps kids adjust to college better. It helps kids who are behind the curve but that still have big college aspirations.
Just make sure you actually work at it because it is not an easy program to pass, only half of my class passed. Its a program that lets kids who really want to be at Clemson get in, but it makes sure you can do what it takes to make the cut.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic