Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College educated think what???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

College educated think what???

Nov 14, 2017, 1:37 PM

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/08/transgender-issues-divide-republicans-and-democrats/

"The survey also finds that Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more education are more likely than other Democrats to say a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth. About three-quarters (77%) of Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more say this, compared with 60% of Democrats with some college and 57% of those with a high school diploma or less. No such divide exists among Republicans."

This can't be right can it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe a subliminal thing... You should seek counseling. ;~)***

Nov 14, 2017, 1:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if the word "gender" offends you

Nov 14, 2017, 1:47 PM

you might be a [liberal arts] college educated Democrat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you make laws discriminating against one half of one

Nov 14, 2017, 1:49 PM

percent of the population based on irrational fears of bathroom diddling, you might be a moron modern day Republican.

1 in 200 are transgenders? That's MUCH higher than I

Nov 14, 2017, 1:54 PM

would have ever guessed or even imagined, though it's irrelevant to me...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one news story from the recent election concerned

Nov 14, 2017, 1:57 PM

the election of the first "openly transgendered" candidate. I don't understand this statement. Obviously there is real meaning when someone is openly gay...clearly there are many closeted gay elected officials. I can't imagine a scenario though, where there is a closeted transgendered elected official. IMO, its just liberal newspeak

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon, CA...are you here to tell me that

Nov 14, 2017, 2:02 PM

you've never gotten dolled up and just walked around the house?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm....

Nov 14, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to one news story from the recent election concerned ]

Crap, H8n'd that up.

Nov 14, 2017, 2:09 PM

I already knew where you were going with that :)***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:47 PM

"discriminating"?***

Nov 14, 2017, 1:59 PM [ in reply to If you make laws discriminating against one half of one ]

Re: If you make laws discriminating against one half of one

Nov 14, 2017, 2:05 PM [ in reply to If you make laws discriminating against one half of one ]

Would you let Harvey Weinstein follow your 11 year old daughter into the ladies restroom? A month ago....you wouldn't know if he was a monster or not right?

Lol.***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:06 PM

Re: Lol.***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:14 PM

Yea...all this stuff is getting nutz. Good convo though. Who'd a thunk we'd be having convos like these even 10 years ago. Crazy world

Roy Moore. Keep up with the news cycle....***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: If you make laws discriminating against one half of one ]

Based on some of the posts here...

Nov 14, 2017, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: If you make laws discriminating against one half of one ]

Some folks are cool with letting their daughter hang out with Roy Moore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 14, 2017, 3:54 PM [ in reply to If you make laws discriminating against one half of one ]

That's something I've never understood. Republicans/Conservatives have always seemed obsessed with controlling the personal lives of other people.

I just don't get why they care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they scare easily.***

Nov 14, 2017, 3:56 PM

Nov 14, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: If you make laws discriminating against one half of one ]

That's something I've never understood.Liberals/progressives have always seemed obsessed with controlling the personal money of other people.

I just don't get why they care.

I see you listened to Rush today.

Nov 14, 2017, 2:01 PM

I heard this snippet, as well as him talking about butt-chugging. Not exactly typical fare for the show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RUSH... What a name for an opioid addict... They never

Nov 14, 2017, 2:05 PM

found his amp stash, I guess....

Re: I see you listened to Rush today.

Nov 14, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to I see you listened to Rush today. ]

We are chatting at work. I don't listen to Rush but gonna ask the dude that brought it up where got the article from.

LOL...I just asked because he mentioned it about 20

Nov 14, 2017, 2:27 PM

to 30 minutes before you posted it.

Funny, the "educated" support evolution, yet deny that gender

Nov 14, 2017, 2:14 PM

is "assigned" at fertilization, LONG before birth. There are these pesky things called CHROMOSOMES which determine the sex of the human, and this happens LONG before birth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex-determination_system

Sorry, I just can't seem to get that pesky science out of my head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you'd like to go down that road how about X0, ### or XXY?***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:21 PM

Are you asking that because your position is that

Nov 14, 2017, 2:30 PM

transgender people have a chromosomal abnormality like you you just described?

null

Some likely do though I don't consider it my business to ask***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:32 PM

Combined, 0.2% of people have those conditions

Nov 14, 2017, 2:41 PM

And even those with those conditions are not necessarily gender fluid. Most still have a clear gender. That comes from between your ears, and there are far more people who think they're the opposite gender than actually are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0.5% of people are transgender.***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:43 PM

Re: 0.5% of people are transgender.***

Nov 14, 2017, 9:43 PM

Link?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 0.5% of people are transgender.***

Nov 14, 2017, 9:48 PM

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/How-Many-Adults-Identify-as-Transgender-in-the-United-States.pdf

.1% identify as extraterrestrial aliens from another planet.

Nov 15, 2017, 9:03 AM

We really need to fight for extraterrestrial alien rights.

I'm confused. Trangenderism is a genetic trait or not?

Nov 15, 2017, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Some likely do though I don't consider it my business to ask*** ]

I have never heard anyone make that argument. Is there science to back it up?

All I've read (which admittedly is little) is that one's "sex" is a biological fact but one's gender can be fluid and based on person feelings or preference. Is that not your position?

For the record, while acknowledging my limited exposure to this topic, I reject the above thinking. You are a man or a woman as defined by your chromosomes. That a man wishes to dress like a woman is no more valid than a man who wishes to live his life like a baby.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1383496/Meet-Taboo-Fantasy-Lives-Stanley-Thornton-adult-baby.html

And by that I mean that hey...knock yourself out, but it's not a healthy impulse and society should not be obligated to indulge it. And as for surgically and chemically altering yourself to be appear moreso like the opposite sex...again, no skin off my nose but I see this as over-indulgence of a delusion to the profound detriment of the person involved.

Just my opinion.

null

Re: Funny, the "educated" support evolution, yet deny that gender

Nov 14, 2017, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Funny, the "educated" support evolution, yet deny that gender ]

The proposal is that there can be a psychological disconnect from the physiological body.

I'm not a scientist or a doctor so I haven't a clue. I'm just willing to take people at their word and let live.

that the first question is even close to 50/50 says it all

Nov 14, 2017, 3:08 PM

our society is lost

You can want to be a different gender, race, ethnicity, species, life form, etc. That doesn't make it so.

Mass Delusions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good article on this delusion:

Nov 14, 2017, 3:11 PM

https://www.firstthings.com/article/2015/10/transgender-delusion

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Want to know what most republicans think, read this^^^***

Nov 14, 2017, 3:36 PM [ in reply to that the first question is even close to 50/50 says it all ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^Want to know what most republicans think, read this^^^***

Nov 14, 2017, 3:58 PM

Yeup...it's spot on and accurate. Based 100% on facts. These people are mentally ill.

Nov 14, 2017, 4:01 PM

> Yeup...it's spot on and accurate. Based 100% on
> facts. These people are mentally ill.

So what does that mean? Let's say you are right. Now what?

You wan't to do what to them? Force them to live in a way you see fit?

The only thing that is 'spot on' is you aren't willing to live and let live. That is definitely a Republican trait.

You're far more comfortable in ridiculing and demeaning people you don't understand than just leaving them alone.

Nov 14, 2017, 4:06 PM

They can live how they want. Just don't enable them. 1st step would be to acknowledge the issue and work from there. No ill will....just try somehow to get them help.

Nov 14, 2017, 4:12 PM

They don't want help. They want to be allowed to live as they choose.

Nov 14, 2017, 4:24 PM

Enabling that is the issue. Although they are living how they like....it's still make believe. The 1st step is always acknowledging the issue and then seek help. If they don't want help, then so be it, but don't send a grown man with mental issues in a ladies bathroom with my daughter.

^^^Wears his Dunce Cap like a badge of honor^^^

Nov 14, 2017, 4:25 PM

Better to remain silent...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^Wears his Dunce Cap like a badge of honor^^^

Nov 14, 2017, 4:38 PM

U actually think that people living a make believe life is a good thing?

Re: ^^^Wears his Dunce Cap like a badge of honor^^^

Nov 14, 2017, 5:59 PM

> U actually think that people living a make believe
> life is a good thing?

I actually believe that how people want to live their lives is none of your business. Nor mine.

What do you define as enabling in this case?

Nov 14, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Want to know what most republicans think, read this^^^*** ]

If it comes down to your fear, a grown man who thinks he is a woman likely dresses and looks like one and just wants to sit down to pee. He won't give two craps about your daughter.

A man who wants to enter a bathroom to do something to your daughter isn't a transgender person and will try to harm her regardless of law, so restricting where transgender people pee won't matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Not sure why this is such a hard concept***

Nov 14, 2017, 7:07 PM

Nov 6, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Want to know what most republicans think, read this^^^*** ]

> Enabling that is the issue. Although they are living
> how they like....it's still make believe. The 1st
> step is always acknowledging the issue and then seek
> help. If they don't want help, then so be it, but
> don't send a grown man with mental issues in a ladies
> bathroom with my daughter.

You'd prefer a solid conservative, christian, patriotic american like Roy Moore in the bathroom with your daughter?

related is the fact that pubs want to cut medicaid...

Nov 14, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Want to know what most republicans think, read this^^^*** ]

which, as no surprise, many mentally ill people are on. It's hard to argue that 1.) Transgender people are mentally ill and 2.)that even if you do say they are mentally ill and need help, you cut the resources available to them to get that help. Republicans have found a way to be wrong on pretty much every side of this issue.

Impressive.

Re: related is the fact that pubs want to cut medicaid...

Nov 14, 2017, 4:48 PM

Ain't no way I want to cut funding for medicaid. If nothing else we can learn from all these crazy people doing mass shootings, molesting, living in a fantasy world, etc need help. You see it every day on the news and yet no one want to take responsibility and call it like it is and make funding a priority! Don't shun these people....help them. Funding is the 1st step on the gubments part in finding a solution.

What if the mentally ill person is...

Nov 14, 2017, 4:52 PM

A billionaire and doesn't think he needs help and all the people around him tell him he's awesome but you know, he's, like, dangerous and stuff?

So why would this person voluntarily take government

Nov 14, 2017, 5:05 PM

Assistance?

What is the clinical diagnosis?***

Nov 14, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Want to know what most republicans think, read this^^^*** ]

CCFCCP

Nov 14, 2017, 5:37 PM

Coo Coo For Co Co Puffs.

Mentally ill just like the gays and poor people.***

Nov 14, 2017, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Want to know what most republicans think, read this^^^*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check this out.

Nov 14, 2017, 3:57 PM

How we view gender really depends on where we are from and the culture we're raised in. Many different worldwide cultures embrace gender roles differently. Some consider multiple genders other than man and woman.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/content/two-spirits_map-html/

Re: Check this out.

Nov 14, 2017, 4:02 PM

The world will always have mental illness. On every corner.

Re: Check this out.

Nov 14, 2017, 4:03 PM

you didn't answer my question.

I think it probably comes down that it is an issue

Nov 14, 2017, 4:51 PM

that most college educated Dems don't worry about or think about. It's an issue that drives conservatives mad.

Lots and lots of ^^^^this^^^^

Nov 14, 2017, 6:11 PM

Say, Fred, one of your IT guys decides he's gonna start living as a woman...dresses, makeup, the whole deal.

Do you say, "Gawd, have you seen Fred, he's gone slap off the deep end. I don't know if I can work with him dressed like that."

or

"Hey, Frederica...nice dress, we still on for golf Friday?"

I would call them whatever they wanted...

Nov 14, 2017, 6:31 PM

To be called, then find it amusing around friends and family after work. In the big picture I wouldn't care, but it would be odd.

he ain't playin fron the red tees***

Nov 14, 2017, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Lots and lots of ^^^^this^^^^ ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where does Caytlin/Bruce play from I wonder?***

Nov 14, 2017, 6:36 PM

well there's this

Nov 14, 2017, 6:47 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1