Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm calling Mickey out on his having our 1st Natty QB @ #6 best!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,951

I'm calling Mickey out on his having our 1st Natty QB @ #6 best!

Jul 3, 2017, 10:17 AM

Saying..I understand Homer Jordan didn't have a great 3 year presence but he did bring Clemson it's FiRST Natty Trophy. Good GOD!

He did beat 3 Top 10 Teams but the saddest part in his career was a year after Natty, in 1982 at Maryland vs Boomer, when he was booed by Clemson Fans for not producing (maybe b/c of an injury), and his Uncle sitting amongst us said that's what you get when you win a Natty yesterday but can't produce today. That saddened me when I heard our fans boo Homer & then hearing his proud Uncle.

Great game & win though in last minute when a Clemson punt went about -3 yards against a stiff Wind and then Boomer was ready to strike within our 30 yard line for the win but was picked off on a deflection!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember Boomer bad mouthed us for years.***

Jul 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Bill, the real question is how many natties have you had this morning?***

Jul 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Ouch

Jul 3, 2017, 11:01 AM

Outstanding! Thumbs up!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ouch

Jul 3, 2017, 11:06 AM

To Boomer's credit, he did say he was ashamed to accept the ACC championship ring after the Tigers almost killed him in a 52-27 beating we gave them when we were on probation. One of the worst beatdowns that I ever saw in the Valley....And let me add, if we did not have Homer Jordan we would not have beat Nebraksa...he and later on Rodney Williams probably executed our offense better than anyone else could have done ---just my opinion

I remember a few boos in the crowd following the 1981

Jul 19, 2014, 3:21 PM

season but they were generally met with proud and reasonable fans quelling the tide in a hurry. Not a lot of folks, especially the youngsters understood the offense was not just "3 yards and a cloud of dust" as some said. The halfback pass was a thing of beauty and often well executed by our Tigers. We also had a defense to turn the tide when needed, similar to our past few years. Homer was "the Man" in my opinion and few others could have directed our offense as he did. Will always be special in my opinion.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm calling Mickey out on his having our 1st Natty QB @ #6 best!

Jul 3, 2017, 9:52 PM

Not going to argue one way or the other where to place him. However, fans boing him, or any player, is inexcusable. How many of those who booed played in HS much less college. When I was in elementary school my father taught me, "You can boo the officials, you can boo the coaches, you can't boo the players, unless you are a former all-american. " The only exception is if a player takes a cheep shot.

Any fan can stand with you when you are winning, only true fans have your back when you are struggling.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,951
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic