Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m an excellent driver....excellent driver.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 894

I’m an excellent driver....excellent driver.

Jul 8, 2019, 8:10 AM

Pretty good overall list, with some overly obvious selections (don’t drive drunk) to some ones that might merit lunge debate (the zipper merge). It doesn’t seem difficult that the majority of drivers should either choose to or be enforced into following the majority of these, and yet here we are.

I picked up a line from a car magazine decades ago and have been trying to get it in my son’s head as he’s been starting his driving career.....”whenever possible, a good driver is one who doesn’t make another driver use their brakes when they otherwise would have not needed to.”

What say you....good list?

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g27915336/driving-etiquette-rules/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that "trailer hitch" looks kinky

Jul 8, 2019, 8:29 AM

and I leave mine on ALL THE TIME.

also, I no longer use turn signals on the interstate 90% of the time. It just tells the dilldough cruising in the left lane to floor it to block me in.

The "in the car" list could be summarized by "the driver is in charge. ASK permission before touching anything."

the "outside the car" issues are a result of the world going from defensive driving to Offensive driving. Its a me, me, me world and everyone else should pull to the shoulder.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought this was a positive

Jul 8, 2019, 8:58 AM

"Plus, these things can do a lot of damage in rear-end accidents"

I like to think mine is protecting me from idiots. It actually did once when a truck pulled up too close in the drive thru and bumped me.

Also, I use mine weekly and I ain't removing it every time I use it.

yep, I got rear ended by a "foreign visitor."

Jul 8, 2019, 9:07 AM

on Pelham road on the 85 bridge. The other "gentleman" was insistent that we no call police, that everything was ok.

There was no damage to my truck but there was a hole in his grill about the size of a softball and his radiator was leaking onto the pavement......But he was sure it was ok. At least what little bit of Engrish he was speaking sounded like thats what he said.

I doubt he made it another mile.

Greenville cops love to pull you over for not using your

Jul 8, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to that "trailer hitch" looks kinky ]

blinker on the interstates - just an FYI.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with

Jul 8, 2019, 8:34 AM

TigerPride20

I leave my trailer hitch on all the time for the sole purpose of protecting myself if I get rear ended (no ####). This has saved me once already. I got rear ended and the hitch went straight through the front end of a car and not a single scratch on my truck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

That's still a jackhole move

Jul 8, 2019, 3:23 PM

In-laws were in a chain reaction fender bender. 4 cars pushed slightly together after truck hit a car from the back into several cars in front.

Most cars suffered only minor bumper damage. My in-laws front end completely destroyed after being pushed into tow hitch in front of them. Car declared a total loss by insurance company.

And the real kicker, insurance placed my in-laws at partial fault even though they were at a complete stop. Tow hitch driver also suing for small tissue damage. F lawyers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did your dad let you drive slow on the driveway, on Saturday?

Jul 8, 2019, 8:39 AM

Straight 8 - Fireball 8

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LU1A0sHWYQg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

question on one of the pics

Jul 8, 2019, 8:45 AM

I was taught that if you see a STOP sign, you must stop. No matter what.

In this photo, it appears that legally you are required to stop even if the light is GREEN. Correct?
So why are there traffic lights installed here?

Not sure this picture is even in the USA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, that blue arrow sign screams foreign country***

Jul 8, 2019, 10:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

the 6ft long license plate on the car in the left lane too.***

Jul 8, 2019, 11:48 AM

Re: question on one of the pics

Jul 8, 2019, 1:30 PM [ in reply to question on one of the pics ]

I believe if there is a light and a sign, you obey the light. I'm not sure I've ever seen that situation before in real life though.

one of the best (and concise) snippets of advice I've read

Jul 8, 2019, 8:46 AM

was actually poasted here, I think....

"Don't be a nice driver. Be a predictable driver"

that is all.

Get me out in front of that pace car or

Jul 8, 2019, 9:07 AM

the race is over for us...

Sound advice: Look for the brake lights 3 to 4 cars ahead, not just those of the car in front of you...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

I do all on the list except

Jul 8, 2019, 9:15 AM

Towball. I don't care. I drive with my lights on always. Drive the speed limit. Use my cruise control. Stay in the right lane except when passing. Always use signals. I'm courtesy. Never drink and drive. I'm so good I squeak when I walk. Dang cane. Never text and drive. I forget the rest. I'm getting my truck serviced right now.

I wish I had a horse like Cheyenne. He whistles and it comes to him.

I'll stick with a dog.***

Jul 8, 2019, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My truck looked like this

Jul 8, 2019, 11:45 AM

Before getting fixed. Got hit by six cars behind me. Wasn't my fault, but cost me $1000.00.

I say there are a couple of keys to being a good driver

Jul 8, 2019, 10:17 AM

Being aware of what's around you
Being willing to concede ground; always be the passive one
Be early so you're not in a hurry

I still want to see how the test were set up for this

Jul 8, 2019, 10:48 AM

zipper merge thing.

I see how it should work if cars keep moving, but it still seems folks should move over earlier once traffic gets to the point of being stopped at the choke point.

Also, I don't think I have ever used my fog lamps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t eat crunchy tacos in the passenger seat. No one wants_

Jul 8, 2019, 11:16 AM

To be cleaning up shredded lettuce and grated cheese for six months.

I don’t care how stoned you are —- order a burrito or soft taco!

Seriously don’t pull into traffic and force oncoming cars to

Jul 8, 2019, 11:25 AM

slow down on lightly traveled roads where more than sufficient space is readily available after the traffic passes.

I need a gun in my car just for the times

Jul 8, 2019, 12:02 PM

people pull out in front of me, when no car is behind me, and force me to break stride. They have done enough bad in their life to justify execution.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then, they take the next right. Drives me nuts.***

Jul 8, 2019, 12:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m an excellent driver....excellent driver.

Jul 8, 2019, 11:16 AM

Agree with most, except folks that habitually drive ahead and cut in ( I think they are jerks). Agree, don't force a driver to need to slow down when you merge or pass. I wish litter laws were enforced too!

Drive the speed limit in business and residential areas! An area I drive daily begins at 35 (residential and business) and most drive very aggressively weaving in and our of traffic at 45-50, yet a mile down that road a less populated section opens to 45, and those same motorist slow to 35 because road is not as straight. Go figure that one!

I blame this bullchit on disc brakes.

Jul 8, 2019, 11:43 AM

I've noticed on the highway that when I leave a 102 inch distance between my front bumper and the rear bumper of the car in front of me some dumb sumbich will stick a 101 inch long car in it. This promotes bumper riding to prevent someone from taking what little safe following distance one has allowed for.

Even letting off the gas will cause massive chain reactions when everyone comes to notice this happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay in the Right Lane Except When Passing

Jul 8, 2019, 11:44 AM

I wish, I do more passing now in the right lane because you dumbfucks don't ever get over

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

If I'm in the left lane you are in my way.***

Jul 8, 2019, 11:53 AM

Excuse me not knowing what's on the list.

Jul 8, 2019, 11:52 AM

I never click a link after clicking a link thinking I'm going to get to the final information.

Anyway, my pet peeve is being behind a truck, van or RV which prevents me seeing what's going on past the rear of that vehicle. When you get in a chain of car going faster than the lawful limit allows people tend to drift closer and closer to the bumper in front of them. That doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is the sumbich behind me reacting to the tail lights on the large vehicle in front of me at exactly the same time I react unless he's only watching my tail lights then we have problems.

I like to see cars and trucks four, five and more in front of me to be able to take my foot off the gas and put just enough pressure on my brake to make the lights come on.

All this is compounded with speed when people try to hide in packs hoping that they won't be the one selected to ticket.

Basically, I hate everyone before I get on the highway and nothing happens on the highways to change my feelings.

Surprised they didn't mention the doofuses who turn on

Jul 8, 2019, 12:42 PM

their hazard lights when it's raining

Those are called idiot lights...

Jul 8, 2019, 9:38 PM

It indicates which cars you need to run off the road and/or murder the drivers for the good of society. If we ever have a purge, those ####### are getting theirs first.

Second Sandy Springs on the flashers when raining.

Jul 9, 2019, 12:40 AM

But does the brights-flash seem like a dying art? I don't see this too much now.

Bunch of Statists...

My car makes it easy, just pull on the lever and it goes bac

Jul 9, 2019, 12:51 AM

I so rarely use the brights I forget I can.

Replies: 31
| visibility 894
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic