Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm all for taking down black racist statues in public areas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I'm all for taking down black racist statues in public areas

Jul 15, 2020, 10:12 AM

Let's go remove and take to the museum the statue of Louis Farrakhan and other race hate leaders- I'm all for it!!! And Just like under the confederate flag and states of america- black folks were believed to be inferior a let's not let the nation of islam's (who believes white people are inferior) flag or banner and symbols fly in the face or over our white brothers and sisters.

OH WAIT!!! There are no statues or buildings commemorating Louis Farrakhan in our public arenas or institutions...and no Nation of Islam flag flying anywhere (

So, when someone is ready to go to DC or our state institutions to deal with monuments of outward racists, against white people...that are outside of museums... let me know....especially of a nation (like the confederate states) that are and were NOT the United States of America..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect, you are

Jul 15, 2020, 10:22 AM

Failing abysmally in bridging the divide you rail so endlessly about. As a 'man of the cloth', it's even more disturbing, given the audience that most likely follows your message. You do not speak with a desire for inclusiveness, nor forgiveness, that I can discern. You are, however, targeting with impunity. That's shameful...but I'll stop short of the 'H' word.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesus' social approach to the Pharisees and Saducees...

Jul 15, 2020, 10:42 AM

didn't cause anyone to call him heretic or son of the devil for caring for the less fortunate and pointing up hypocrisy.... (sarcasm)

He never turned over tables or made a whip to push people out of the way so "others" can know God's love for them that they were being cut off from.(sarcasm)

No, the apostle Paul in Acts, didn't dare go to a place where their were "statues" of the days philosophers and professors and completely insult them for being made in the image and shortsightedness of their ideologies more than the Lord's. (sarcasm)

Racism, through statues, flags, leaders... is dividing our church and nation...calling out racism is an attempt to awaken the heart to its need to repent and see the emptiness and danger of it all...

the tension I believe you are feeling is resistance to the call to repent and stand against what divides and what is idolized and is a false sense of worth.

If you think I am a heretic... please don't threaten it and be passive aggressive or insinuate it. That is disingenuous and cowardice...

You can also reach me via Tmail for a more personal discussion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jesus' social approach to the Pharisees and Saducees...

Jul 15, 2020, 11:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

unbelievable***

Jul 15, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Jesus' social approach to the Pharisees and Saducees... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some racists are irredeemable and the divide will never be

Jul 15, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to With all due respect, you are ]

bridged no matter how you approach it. If you try to talk about the problem, you just pour gasoline on the fire.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't be confronted.

I sadly agree***

Jul 15, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to With all due respect, you are ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm all for taking down black racist statues in public areas

Jul 15, 2020, 10:31 AM

One thing that intrigues me is that you would like to and surely will remove, desecrate and absolve all markers of the confederate memory but you certainly wouldn't want to go back in time and reverse history for what you are claiming to be better. If you did that you and millions of others may very possibly be in Africa right now instead of the US.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! Looks like we have another Mary Simms Oliphant

Jul 15, 2020, 10:38 AM

nostalgia for the Confederacy

Jul 15, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm all for taking down black racist statues in public areas ]

Well said and true. He wouldn't be in the Us living the high Life and there would not be a Clemson.

Oh great, the old tried and true

Jul 15, 2020, 12:08 PM

"black people should be THANKING us for slavery" angle. Not racist at all lol

Maybe I was a fool or naive but I really liked your first few posts and went to bat for you even.

Jul 15, 2020, 10:34 AM

The longer you do this the more apparent that you want to divide. Much like the deceiver who comes to destroy. You appear to want to destroy rather than to rebuild or move on to a better future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So did I...

Jul 15, 2020, 10:54 AM

We're all deceived occasionally. Wolf in sheep's clothing...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn’t deceived

Jul 15, 2020, 11:00 AM

I’ve long known what he is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Matthew 7:15***

Jul 15, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to So did I... ]

I'm not sure he is accomplishing what he intends to

Jul 15, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Maybe I was a fool or naive but I really liked your first few posts and went to bat for you even. ]

accomplish here. Maybe he is. He apparently thinks he is creating parables like Jesus.

I guess he considers those who question him or push back are like the Pharisees.

I watched some of his sermons which are really good. I could be wrong, but I got the opinion that he thinks it is better to stand with the BLM movement than stand on biblical principles that are in direct opposition for what they stand for. In other words, stating biblical truth in response to something that is morally wrong is being a Pharisee.

I can assure you, there was no compromise on the truth in Jesus' parables.

And that post is from a Senior Pastor***

Jul 15, 2020, 11:15 AM

Jul 15, 2020, 11:56 AM

No No No , you can’t erase history and if not for these men there would not be a USA.
As for G Floyd it’s was terrible the way he died and the 1% of the bad Cops need to be weeded out. Putting up murals of him like he ever did anything but be a burden on society. Makes our country look ignorant.

Paul didn't involve himself in politics.

Jul 15, 2020, 7:24 PM

Neither did our Christ or His first/early church.

I post in the P&R bored almost everyday, sometimes all day and never has God approved my involvement in politics. More than once He has told me to stop and I stop. I stop because I know it's for my own good, not because I'm am an obedient child but because I know the rope He has me on is short and it keeps me safe. He doesn't give me enough rope to hang myself with.

Perhaps you might check in with him and give Him an ear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic