Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm a St.Louis Rams fan too and I think..(long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I'm a St.Louis Rams fan too and I think..(long)

May 10, 2014, 9:29 PM

I think Michael Sam is a much player better than a 7th round pick. You can't tell me e best defensive player in the SEC is barely good enough to get drafted. That doesn't make senshockey sri kse, especially when we hear about how the SEC is God's gift to football all of the time.

With that being said I'm going to rant a little bit. In college I used to post on here all of the time. That was until the people who I guess run the site banned me for saying h e double hockey sticks one too many times (banned my IP address),which is kind of a joke considering all of the stuff I've read on here over the years.

To the people who are complaining about two guys kissing on ESPN...my tv comes with a remote..I assume that yours does too..so turn it.

To the people complaining about how awful two guys kissing is and how its a sin etc etc..Jesus never taught anything about hating someone because they are different. I'm pretty sure he only taught love and forgiveness. I'm also sure that he died for everyone's sins, not just yours. And until you are perfect, which you're not, and until you're a perfect role model for your kid, which I doubt anyone is, until you are without sin, then quit being holier than thou. You're not a better person for hating or being disgusted with someone else's life choices.

Also, I saw the movie the neighbors last night.. great movie..but I saw several parents bring their kids (between ages 4-9). Those parents are poor parents in my opinion. Those are the type of things to shield away from your kids.

If you actually read all of this..then I apologize haha

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a St.Louis Rams fan too and I think..(long)

May 10, 2014, 9:32 PM

I apologize for the spelling errors..computer is down and posted from my phone which makes up its own words..

But I think you can understand most of it.

May 10, 2014, 9:34 PM

I think the greater issue that most have is that it seems espn was constantly talking about it...... if it is a non-issue like everyone says it will be, then make it a non-issue by NOT talking about it constantly.....

I also believe that every person has a right to do what they want and make their own choices, BUT, it doesn't change God's Word at all.

May 10, 2014, 9:41 PM

They were saying it's not an issue as far as playing football. You can play or you can't.

But its a lie if someone says that being the first openly gay player in the NFL isn't a big deal. It is.

Why? Why is it a big deal to broadcast sexuality in

May 10, 2014, 9:43 PM

2014 Americana?

How about we hear about 40 times and height, if they talk about this why aren't they talking about the guy who was born premature or the guy who battled depression all his life, or the guy who likes to stack chairs in his living room?

I wanted to see an NFL draft not a commentary on society.

Re: Why? Why is it a big deal to broadcast sexuality in

May 10, 2014, 9:48 PM

They have talked about everyone's personal life in the draft. They talked about Watkins and how he got arrested and how his family moved to South Carolina to be his support system etc. It's all entertainment. It would be boring to sit there for the talking heads if,they only talked about a players football ability.

He got drafted right around where his ability dictated

May 10, 2014, 9:38 PM

I stopped reading after you said he was the best defensive player in the SEC. I guess Clowney was lucky to go #1.

Re: He got drafted right around where his ability dictated

May 10, 2014, 9:46 PM

Lol. Clowney wasn't even the best defensive end in his own state last year. Sam was Defensive player of the year in the SEC. I dont see how he dropped so much if he was voted as being the best defensive player last year in the "best" defensive conference. I'm just saying I don't think he should have dropped so far but now he is on the team with the best D-line as far as sacks go..so I dont think he'll play too much anyways.

Defensive player of the year doesn't translate into

May 10, 2014, 9:51 PM

NFL stock. There have HEISMAN winners who weren't drafted.

Go watch his cake eating kiss some more and stop complaining.

Re: Defensive player of the year doesn't translate into

May 10, 2014, 9:57 PM

Why? Did you DVR it? Lol. I'm not complaining because my nfl team got someone who was at least a fourth rounder.

My take, if your kids can't watch it, you

May 10, 2014, 9:46 PM

Probably should not either, you spoke of role models!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually you referred to their parenting skills, my bad .***

May 10, 2014, 9:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take, if your kids can't watch it, you

May 10, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to My take, if your kids can't watch it, you ]

That's your opinion but I'm not bringing a kid to see a rated R movie. I'm old enough to know was sex is, and I dont think its wrong to see a rated R movie but exposing your kids on purpose to sexual situations at an age where they can't understand isn't okay. There were so many kids there I had to make sure I was in the right movie.

Re: My take, if your kids can't watch it, you

May 11, 2014, 12:56 AM

He was even the highest drafted DE from his team.

My thoughts on Michael Sam . . .

May 10, 2014, 9:49 PM

I don't know how good he will be in the NFL, but he was very good in college.

I don't care if he's gay. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I don't care if he kissed a guy. I don't care if they showed it on TV. What I saw was pretty innocent and non-sexual. If you don't like it, look away or turn the channel.

I admit that I don't care to see two guys going at it beyond that, but that's because of my own sexual preference, not any kind of moral judgement. I hate beets; I can't stand the thought of eating them. If other people want to eat them, have at it, there's certainly nothing wrong with it, I just don't want to eat them or think about eating them. Yuck.

Good for you Michael Sam, I wish you well and hope you are judged on your ability to play football and are treated fairly. If your path opens eyes and hearts, more power to you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Great post but

May 10, 2014, 10:05 PM

Beets are pretty darn good on a salad.

Bleccccchhhhhh!***

May 10, 2014, 10:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He was drafted about where they projected him

May 10, 2014, 9:50 PM

He is a tweener in terms of size and didn't do a whole lot at the combine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:NFL & ESPN publicity stunt. Stay tuned: Bozo will

May 10, 2014, 9:54 PM

chime in soon with his congratulations if can figure out whether it will hurt or help him.

Re:NFL & ESPN publicity stunt. Stay tuned: Bozo will

May 10, 2014, 10:49 PM

Ram fan here as well...just win,that's all I care about

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic