Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm a Paul Ryan fan, but the budget deal is a tough one....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 382

I'm a Paul Ryan fan, but the budget deal is a tough one....

Dec 12, 2013, 8:24 AM

I get that a deal had to be struck.

I would have preferred to entitlements to have been addressed. The deficit reduction is pitiful.

My only hope is that this can be a jumping board for real negotiations on long term entitlement reform and real deficit reduction. It's like everyone forgets that we're going to have to run surpluses one day if we're going to pay down/off the debt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, you're also a Juan McCain fan

Dec 12, 2013, 9:01 AM

and your buddy D!ck Cheney said that Reagan proved that deficits don't matter....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a John McCain fan in that election....

Dec 12, 2013, 9:09 AM

he's not my favorite in general. He was the best pick out of the lot in that primary IMO.

Unlike yourself, I'm smart enough to understand how elections work.

Care to make a substantive comment on the topic at hand, or are you just going to be your normal broken-record self.

blah blah Juan McCain blah blah Ron Paul blah blah neocon blah blah

its because of people like you that

Dec 12, 2013, 9:13 AM

Ford beat Reagan in '76 and Dole was the nominee in '96. Glad you weren't around in 1776.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^voted for Barry^^^***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep....he's a political illiterate of the worst kind***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:18 AM

Barry Goldwater***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:21 AM [ in reply to ^^^^voted for Barry^^^*** ]

ducked the question i see***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cut the guy a break....

Dec 12, 2013, 9:23 AM

he read a couple of history books once and that's all he's got.

No way would i ever throw away a vote and give a person like

Dec 12, 2013, 9:27 AM

Barry a better chance to win. I do think he's a closet Barry fan.

in SC it wasnt even close***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:34 AM

would you have voted for McCain in Va?***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:38 AM

No its not...you're just delusional....

Dec 12, 2013, 9:17 AM [ in reply to its because of people like you that ]

I thought John McCain was the best option in the primary to beat the Democrat and would have made the best POTUS.

I voted for Forbes in the '96 primary. How about you? PJB I presume?

How does me supporting McCain because I thought he was the best option equate to the other things you mentioned? Just because I don't agree with you?

But what about the budget deal?....

Dec 12, 2013, 9:18 AM [ in reply to well, you're also a Juan McCain fan ]

still trying to find a way to work neocon into a comment?

its a horrible deal

Dec 12, 2013, 9:21 AM

but if Juan McCain were president, he'd run naked across the white house lawn for the chance to join a bi-partisan gang and to sign it.

ummm...ok....anyways....

Dec 12, 2013, 9:22 AM

what would you have done?

much like Dr. Paul, I'd never put my name

Dec 12, 2013, 9:23 AM

either via vote or signature to a budget that wasnt balanced.

I actually agree with that...heck, given the state we're....

Dec 12, 2013, 9:28 AM

in now, I'm not sure I would support anything that wasn't in surplus.

As I said, hopefully this will open the way for some serious entitlement reform.It's the only way to get the budget balanced.

I agree with that as well.

Dec 12, 2013, 9:33 AM

entitlement reform is key as is defense reform.

If we have defense reform,

Dec 12, 2013, 9:39 AM

how will we keep waging all these never ending wars? I really don't think you have thought this through.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

no more wars

Dec 12, 2013, 9:42 AM

Bring the troops home or else ask that Japan/Korea/Europe/Saudi Arabia, etc... pay us for the privilege of protection.

Re: no more wars

Dec 12, 2013, 1:57 PM

We did that once and it resulted in Pearl Harbor.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

wow. I've been posting in here for a long time

Dec 12, 2013, 8:16 PM

and I do believe thats the most ignorant, flat out wrong statement I've ever heard.

Re: wow. I've been posting in here for a long time

Dec 12, 2013, 8:41 PM

I knew a day would come when [progressives and libertarians would see eye to eye on something.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we'll never have a balanced budget, ever.

Dec 12, 2013, 9:34 AM [ in reply to I actually agree with that...heck, given the state we're.... ]

anyone cutting entitlements will be run out of office. the press will be relentless. I predict we will have 100 trillion in debt in 20 yrs, if not less.

I would say that the odds are with you on that bet.

Dec 12, 2013, 9:46 AM

$100T or less : pays 5 to 4

You think the house of cards will stand for that?***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:46 AM [ in reply to we'll never have a balanced budget, ever. ]

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barry just doubled our debt in 5 years

Dec 12, 2013, 9:49 AM

and there is not a peep out of the media. No one cares, well unless its a pub in office. The media was all over Bush for his spending and unemployment. Barrys dwarfs both of these and not a peep.

I understand that part and it's rediculous. But, what I was

Dec 12, 2013, 10:17 AM

refering to was the printing of money that we will, probably, never have.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, McCain, Graham, Susan Collins, Lieberman,

Dec 12, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to its a horrible deal ]

Landrieu, Pryor, Snowe, etc. are grownups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but...

Dec 12, 2013, 1:34 PM

Some of those folks are so excited about DOING SOMETHING that they don't seem to have any guiding principles for what they want to get done. I would throw Collins, Landrieu, Pryor and Snowe in that camp, but probably not McCain, Graham, or Lieberman. The difference is that McCain, Graham, and Liberman don't need to be more moderate/ less party dependent to get elected, whereas Snowe, Pryor, Collins and Landrieu have to buck their party to stay in office. I think Graham is the major outlier, since he's actually much more closer to the Republicans' dominant movement conservatism than any of the others are to their party's dominant philosophy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with a lot of that.***

Dec 12, 2013, 5:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 382
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic