Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've said it before I'll say it again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,022

I've said it before I'll say it again

Nov 27, 2017, 8:08 PM

The media thinks every fan base other than a few select schools are delusional. I remember it like it was yesterday when Tommy Bowden was gone in the middle of the season. ESPN's Gameday Chris Fowler blasted us (the Clemson fan base) for being delusional and having unrealistic expectations to return to our glory years of the 80's. He was mad. You could see it in his face and hear it in his voice. He went on about how Tommy Bowden was as good as we were going to get. He said our glory days were over and we should accept that they were not coming back and to be glad that we were going to bowl games period. Well, we all know how our future turned out. I've never heard Chris Fowler say that he was proven wrong and we never will from him or any other members of the national media. Don't get me wrong, I love that we are getting major recruits from the state of Tennessee because the Vols program has been in the gutter, but I will say that Volunteer fans have every right to want to get back to their glory days just like we did. Honestly their glory days are not near as far back as ours were, but the problem the national media has with Tennessee fans is that they are not Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Alabama, FSU, Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Southern Cal,or Oklahoma. As far as the media is concerned those schools ARE College Football and the rest of us should just be grateful we get to play the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I've said it before I'll say it again

Nov 27, 2017, 8:17 PM

Good post. I think Fowler respects us now, but you can still kind of tell there's something he doesn't like about the Tigers. Herbie seems to be all in for the most part, although he is prone to the flavor of the week

Nov 27, 2017, 8:23 PM

Agreed. I remember the narrative well.

It sounded stupid then, and it sounds stupid now. There's no reason UT fans should just settle for a 7-5 or 8-4 program.

If Clemson listened to the likes of Chris Fowler and company we'd still be a middling 8-4 type program mired in mediocrity with TB as our HC. The elites don't want to see the UT's and Clemson's of the world win big, well too bad.

After Dabo wins several more Natty's they can all ponder their collective irrelevance for eternity.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 70 years old and I don't give a hoot in he1l

Nov 27, 2017, 9:07 PM

about Fowler or any of the other jackas$es pretending to be football gurus.

The whole lot of them can kiss our collective as$es and shove their opinions where the sun doesn't shine.

So, you made a darn fine post...and to he1l with the media ANALysts.

BOOMSHAKALAKA....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOMSHAKALAKA -- potd***

Nov 27, 2017, 9:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: I'm 70 years old and I don't give a hoot in he1l

Nov 27, 2017, 9:22 PM [ in reply to I'm 70 years old and I don't give a hoot in he1l ]

So there . What he said .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just WISH someone could play that clip for Fowler

Nov 27, 2017, 10:04 PM

and have him answer for it. Sick and tired of these dipsh*ts shooting off at the mouth with their ‘expert analysis’ and never having to own up to the sound pollution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Amen!***

Nov 27, 2017, 10:06 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Nov 27, 2017, 10:58 PM

For most of the media, unless you are a blue blood you don't count. bammer who hasn't played anyone other than auburn, who stomped them, is still getting consideration from the pundits for the cfp. They keep talking about last year the buckies were in over pervstate. Well how did that work out. We curb stomped them. I don't think the committee will venture down that road again.

At least Cowheard got it right. He called saban out for working the system. Won't play a good team on the road, only on a neutral field.

Let me testify next, preacher man!

Nov 27, 2017, 11:15 PM

I'm tied for first place on the Donor's Den Pick Six contest. I have a system with which I record all CFL and other programs on ESPiN dedicated to college football news and analysis. I never watch them live so I can FF through all the bullchit and watch the commercials.

Pardon my use of a nasty work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liked ESPN better when they just reported college sports instead of trying to control it

Nov 28, 2017, 6:49 AM

I blame them for DW not getting the Heisman and I love that they are not involved in the playoff committee.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I liked ESPN better when they just reported college sports instead of trying to control it

Nov 28, 2017, 7:28 AM

Now this, is just a few words, should be POTD. Even now the media is dismissive of Clemson, trying to invalidate our win over Auburn while pumping up Bama’s win over FSU. It is truly outrageous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would love to see a video of Fowler’s remarks

Nov 28, 2017, 8:07 AM

Searched YouTube but no luck

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,022
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic