Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So gall bladders.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

So gall bladders.

Feb 11, 2016, 11:47 AM

Tell me everything I need to know about living without one ?

Can I still eat dipping dots Clemson university sporting competitions ... specifically in football ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Can you live without...

Feb 11, 2016, 11:50 AM

the horrible gall bladder attacks?

If so, everything else will be normal.

You may have to deal with a time of your digestive system getting used to it. Never stray from the restroom very far. But after time that goes away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh crap

Feb 11, 2016, 11:56 AM

Literally?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

yes

Feb 11, 2016, 11:57 AM

but it does get better.

I have heard several people who have had it done, including myself that has experienced this. There may be others who haven't

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually dippin dots is part of the required diet for post

Feb 11, 2016, 12:06 PM

gall bladder ectomy

Just stay near a

Feb 11, 2016, 12:12 PM

turr-lit the first year!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

There can be some bumps...

Feb 11, 2016, 12:13 PM

but for most folks the urgent potty emergencies slow down within a few months to a year. You'll figure out what foods cause the 'attacks' but that should simmer down.

Have fun if they do the gall bladder function test where they give you a tracer and then cause your gall bladder to spasm. That was a blast! Especially when the invisible iron spike came out of the bed and slowly moved into my back.

Have fun!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did that yesterday. Mr Dr called me today and said

Feb 11, 2016, 12:35 PM

I should remove it.

Rip gall bladder.

Did that yesterday. Mr Dr called me today and said

Feb 11, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to There can be some bumps... ]

I should remove it.

Rip gall bladder.

Re: There can be some bumps...

Feb 11, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to There can be some bumps... ]

Technician actually laughed during my test. "Well, that ain't working!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So gall bladders.

Feb 11, 2016, 12:16 PM

Careful with greasy foods, especially burgers and the like. Those will be the foods that cause discomfort and the sudden need to squat. As others have stated, you'll have it figured out in a year.

WL

I'm totally unaffected by food now...

Feb 11, 2016, 12:18 PM

although I know some folks never really adjust

Somebody must have stolen my gall bladder.

Feb 11, 2016, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: So gall bladders. ]

Because that happens to me with greasy foods and I thought I had one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Somebody must have stolen my gall bladder.

Feb 11, 2016, 9:57 PM

Ever been to Tijauna?

id think eating a reduced fat diet would be

Feb 11, 2016, 12:19 PM

Best. I had mine taken out with little issue. I had gallstones from eating a very poor diet.

From what I understand, the gallbladder holds bile which helps to emulsify fat...so if you potentially have a reduced amount of bile, I'd reduce the fat. Besides, eating too much fat and grease is what made me get them in the first place.

So you can't have a spicy meatball?

Feb 11, 2016, 12:24 PM

But you can have Sofia Vergara though, right?

Anytime, any day, and twice on Sunday***

Feb 11, 2016, 12:46 PM

Emulsify fat?

Feb 11, 2016, 1:03 PM [ in reply to id think eating a reduced fat diet would be ]

Solution - down a shot of Dawn dish detergent prior to eating greasy foods. That should do it.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Does it have to be organic?***

Feb 11, 2016, 1:08 PM

Re: Emulsify fat?

Feb 11, 2016, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Emulsify fat? ]

Tried it. Farted bubbles for weeks.

I'm 35 and had mine out 2 years ago. I still eat everything

Feb 11, 2016, 12:53 PM

I want too. I don't have any pains, but I do spend more time in the crapper. Especially after a night of Wings and Brewskys. Which gives me more time to read Tigernet on the throne. Would advise no spicy chicken sandwiches prior to a road trip. But its better that thinking your gonna die.

Feb 11, 2016, 1:01 PM

I had arthroscopic gall bladder removal 20 years ago and came home the same day. I eat whatever I want and never have any problems. Good luck to you!

Feb 11, 2016, 3:05 PM

Only problem I ever have is if I eat something really greasy like crock pot roast beef. But, good news is that it normally comes out the north end, not the south end!

Feb 11, 2016, 7:59 PM

You could stay away from fatty foods for a while to see if it gets better. There are foods that will help clean out the sludge and foods to stay away from. I told that I had gall bladder issues and did some research on it. I decide to cut fatty and sugar foods
out and doing fine. I just learned to eat better. I still eat everything once in awhile.

Of course, this was a great laugh!

Feb 11, 2016, 9:29 PM

Eat....write down what you eat....track what bothers you. One year from my surgery and I mostly have it figured out.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic