Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ll say this with zero partisanship or politics involved
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I’ll say this with zero partisanship or politics involved

Mar 19, 2020, 6:34 PM

If this turns out to be true (and I’d like some additional verification beyond Rolling Stone), this seems like a clear violation of the STOCK act and I hope they bury hisass under the jail for insider trading.

The thought of illegal profiteering on a situation like this is just maddening. We get it...the rich get richer on just about everything, and I’m ok when it’s within bounds, but not when the entire world is taking it up the Hershey Highway trying to deal with something massive.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/secret-recording-intelligence-chairman-warning-donors-about-coronavirus-weeks-ago-969767/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll say this with zero partisanship or politics involved

Mar 19, 2020, 6:39 PM

Yep.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respond with zero partisanship or politics involved

Mar 19, 2020, 6:44 PM

I hope he hires a good lawyer and they both go to prison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 6:48 PM

what did he say that was untrue?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obtuse ... or just a general axx...? He's on The List.....***

Mar 19, 2020, 6:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obtuse ... or just a general axx...? He's on The List.....***

Mar 19, 2020, 6:53 PM

whut?

Don't tell me you failed mind reading too?

Mar 19, 2020, 6:55 PM

I held out by faking it for 30 years but finally it started to show and she divorced me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't tell me you failed mind reading too?

Mar 19, 2020, 6:57 PM

i once asked my wife if she would marry again, she said "no, I've had enough"

He withheld it from the public yet cashed out w/friends..

Mar 19, 2020, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Obtuse ... or just a general axx...? He's on The List.....*** ]

Again, don't be obtuse...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He withheld it from the public yet cashed out w/friends..

Mar 19, 2020, 7:05 PM

you mean some folks are treated differently under the same laws?

Of course... Wait and see.***

Mar 19, 2020, 7:37 PM

Mar 19, 2020, 7:04 PM

Lucky me I’m a constituent, just left his office

Mar 19, 2020, 7:12 PM

a nice message.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky me I’m a constituent, just left his office

Mar 19, 2020, 7:12 PM

a nice message.

Mar 19, 2020, 8:05 PM

Heard it in NPR this a.m. (which I believe is the true source).

Was not terribly flattering - even in their dulcet tones.

Uh oh, another source

Mar 19, 2020, 9:46 PM

"UPDATE: ProPublica reported on Thursday that Sen. Burr sold off up to $1.56 million in stock on February 13th, as he was reassuring the public about coronavirus preparedness. At the time, Burr and the Intelligence Committee were receiving daily briefings about COVID-19."

This doesn't look good at all. He's got some splaining to do.

Perhaps this is a trend?

Mar 19, 2020, 9:49 PM

"Sen. Kelly Loeffler Dumped Millions in Stock After Coronavirus Briefing"

"Richard Burr wasn’t the only Republican with inside knowledge about the coronavirus who suspiciously dumped stock. ?@SenatorLoeffler first did so the same day her Senate Health Committee got a private briefing from Trump officials on January 24."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-kelly-loeffler-dumped-millions-in-stock-after-coronavirus-briefing

"EXCLUSIVE: It's not just Burr. A second GOP senator dumped millions in stock after an all-senate coronavirus briefing."

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1240803599086731265

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Mar 19, 2020, 9:56 PM

Everything is in bounds when it's YOUR money!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much how a classic Beefsteak post goes

Mar 20, 2020, 10:32 AM

Any P&R poster: "Here's evidence of government wrongdoing. BTW, this guy happens to be a Republican."

Drunken latenight Beefsteak: "What? Waaaah! I don't see anything wrong! Why can't the political football team I love do horrible things?!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I liked this little nugget

Mar 19, 2020, 10:19 PM

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1240758742540595200?s=20

Re: I liked this little nugget

Mar 19, 2020, 10:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Congress started the market tumble.***

Mar 20, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I liked this little nugget ]

...along with their donors that they notified. Not a stretch***

Mar 20, 2020, 10:47 AM

It's always been that way.

Mar 20, 2020, 8:29 PM

Congress didn't have to report stock trading until 2012, Thank you Mr President.

The most evil thing about this and every other obvious corruption scandal is that congress will investigate itself and the justice department will sit on its hands while they scam the public and violate laws which would gotten Martha Stewart executed.

I see two other names to quickly check***

Mar 20, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to I liked this little nugget ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 12:32 PM

Looks like Sen. Diane Feinstein did it too. Give them all the boot and lock their sorry ##### up.

They can cry to Martha Stewart.

wait a minute.....3 weeks ago I was spending a lot of my...

Mar 20, 2020, 5:37 PM

time at work going over supply-chain issues out of China and planning for issues out of Europe and even the US. Travel was banned from China at the end of January.

Everything has moved quickly over the last many weeks, but 3 weeks ago I think plenty of people were talking about the impending impact on the US and, at the very least, the impact the manufacturing supply chain out of Asia. The stocks were sold at the peak (or day after peak). I don't trade stocks directly (only mutual funds) and I don't try to time the market, but if'n I was inclined to, when the market sets a record high and the news out of China ain't good, I would have sold too....in fact plenty of people did that week as the market had a slow steady drop that week.

He was far from the only one making dire warnings and it doesn't sound like he was saying anything that involved any kind of inside information, does it?

I don't care about the warnings to donors, frankly.

Mar 20, 2020, 5:40 PM

I do care about multiples of reps and senators making these trades on the exact same day they received a certain crucial security briefing, with some going so far that same day as to buy stock in companies that enable telework like Citrix.

It was not a public briefing, and I'm neither generous or naive enough to believe in a coincidence on that scale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps I need to read more on this***

Mar 20, 2020, 7:12 PM

Yes... but reading won't solve the problem. The List will...***

Mar 20, 2020, 8:17 PM

Mar 20, 2020, 8:30 PM

He’s already said he would not be running again in “22 . I guess he felt like he would get out while the getting was good .

Let’s see how that works out .

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic