Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll probably get flamed for this, but to heck with it...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I'll probably get flamed for this, but to heck with it...

Jan 27, 2016, 11:33 AM

For the past ~ 3 months I've seen all the posters on here downplaying the recruiting rankings (stars) of kids that have committed to SCU, and I personally don't care for it. I love to see us bring in the talent Dabo has, and getting what are deemed by many to be the top notch players across the nation to our campus for visits. And, I find it humorous when the kids commit to the coots, and 3 days later realize their mistake and then open back up their recruitment.

However, I believe there is a lot more harm than good done by downplaying the skills of a recruit on an open forum like TigerNet. Those kids have relatives and coaches that may one day be either a great recruit themselves, or closely influencing one. And they may remember all the classless comments posted on here about someone that may simply not have been rated with as many stars. For that matter, we all know the impact some kids ranked lower in potential may end up having for their team.

It's ironic that for all the talk about Clemson getting no respect this past season when ranked No 1 and going into the playoffs, we have people on the board openly mocking the star ratings of a young individual who has way more athletic talent than probably 90% of us.

I'll be on here a LOT one week from today cheering on what I hope is another great recruiting class put together by CDS and CJS. But, I just don't get the ridicule others see the need for in directing specifically at young individuals working hard to earn a football scholarship (even if they are going to SC)...

FLAME AWAY.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll probably get flamed for this, but to heck with it...

Jan 27, 2016, 11:35 AM

"more athletic than 90% of us"- you were close here, but 100% would be the correct number

I was thinking 99+... We may have a sleeper... +1.***

Jan 27, 2016, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was thinking 99+... We may have a sleeper... +1.***

Jan 27, 2016, 11:57 AM

^^^Pigs of the sleeper(s) - or I'm not buying that 1%.

Better check yourself. I can live 50lbs over my head***

Jan 27, 2016, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll probably get flamed for this, but to heck with it... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sorry but they open themselves to ridicule the moment they choose the chickens.

Jan 27, 2016, 11:37 AM

It's not our fault they want to sign with an historical door mat.

I have to side with the OP on this one...

Jan 27, 2016, 12:10 PM

The greatest thing about Clemson is the class at all levels that is portrayed.

From the admins to the students, or coaches to the fans...
"We win with class, we lose with class" should ring a bell.

There will always be a few bad apples. (booing Cole, for example) But as a whole, Clemson sets the standard.

"The fun is in the winning," not rubbing others noses in it.

Go TIGERS!!

Why would you get flamed for this?

Jan 27, 2016, 11:39 AM

Adults shouldn't make fun of kids. However, scar having trouble putting together a good class gives me a chuckle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$CU is an insignificant pimple on a gnats a$$....

Jan 27, 2016, 11:40 AM

and the recruiting class CussChamp is assembling isn't going to do very much if anything to change that any time in the foreseeable future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It's not so much as making fun of the recruits themselves

Jan 27, 2016, 11:49 AM

Nothing in the world wrong with 3 star players. Just realize they are a couple of years away from contributing.

That said, I think most of the fun being made is more along the lines of the Coots claiming Chump was recruiting machine. He isn't,he recruited well at shingle schools like Auburn,Florida and Texas. Will not recruit that well at USuC.

Plus he's proven he couldn't win at Florida coaching 4-5 star recruits.

Thirdly, while there nothing wrong with 3 star player, if you can't coach or recruit your fair share of higher rated players,you're not gonna compete at the highest level.

^^^ This ^^^^***

Jan 27, 2016, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bingo***

Jan 27, 2016, 11:53 AM [ in reply to It's not so much as making fun of the recruits themselves ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No flame here.....

Jan 27, 2016, 11:50 AM

....Go Tigers.........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

more athletic talent than probably 90% of us

Jan 27, 2016, 11:53 AM

More like 99% of us :)

good post

Jan 27, 2016, 11:56 AM

i love trash-talkin', but the notion that ones allegiance to a a particular university has anything to do with intelligence or character is redikkless.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Jan 27, 2016, 12:01 PM

I'll agree with most of that. But most trash talk is generated more towards the program than a young man himself. But on occasion a name gets mentioned and some personal attacks are made. Which I don't like or agree with. And I always have to remind myself that some of these kids didn't grow up in-state and have no clue what an armpit of a school is down there. They see SEC and a free education. And if that's all they see than that's fine. They are the ones going around yelling "go c0cks" and have a chicken as a mascot. So, that in itself is embarrassing enough. I try not to pour it on an individual player, just the fanbase.

Jan 27, 2016, 12:08 PM

Really thoughtful post! I cringe when I see some laughing at 2-3 star recruits committing to our rivals and while Iwishnothing good for them,these kids deserve a chance to prove themselves at the next level. Thanks for having the courage to post your thoughts.

Look no further than yesterday's POTD where Ben went

Jan 27, 2016, 12:27 PM

to Twitter to call out the classless Coot that doubted his ability to be a productive LB on the college level and ever be a starter. It created a scar and stuck with him. Mock the program, and even go after the few idiots that attack our boys in orange, but keep it Classy!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Can anyone say "walk on"...what No Stars!!! Catman, Greg....***

Jan 27, 2016, 1:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post. But you will probably get RA'd for calling

Jan 27, 2016, 1:32 PM

us flamers....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hear hear. These high school kids are just trying to get

Jan 27, 2016, 1:54 PM

themselves in the best position for their future. I don't see anything wrong with knocking on the overall Gamecock class relative to ours, but the open mockery any time a single "2 star" signs with the rival is just not a good look.

null

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic