Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2017 Expectations?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

2017 Expectations?

Apr 5, 2017, 1:40 PM

With our talent, coaches, and scheme. With our departing players. What would we be satisfied with assuming this is a rebuilding year? Curious to see what realistic expectations are. Though I'd love another natty lol.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2017 Expectations?

Apr 5, 2017, 1:42 PM

10 wins...and beat the coots by 35!

I will accept whatever

Apr 5, 2017, 2:03 PM

However, I believe we might lose 1 game and win the ACCCG and return to the playoffs for a third straight year! We've got more talent on the scout team than most of our opponent's starters. FSU is going to implode, yet again and Louserville will choke. We are loaded on defense and are extremely talented on offense, we just need a QB to step up at the right time.

Re: I will accept whatever

Apr 5, 2017, 2:16 PM

I think our defense is more impregnable than ever. I believe our running game will be surprisingly more effective. Our punt game will still suck. And I believe, begrudgingly, that our quarterback situation will remain a circus well into mid-season.

Apr 5, 2017, 2:03 PM

10-2 reg Season

Beat Chickens

Win Bowl game

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Not rebuilding, we dont do that anymore. We reload.

Apr 5, 2017, 2:08 PM

D will be elite. O will be laden with talent. I expect to compete for the ACC, and as such, a playoff spot. No reason to assume otherwise.

Apr 5, 2017, 2:09 PM

IMO we will go either 11-1 or 12-0 and here's why.
Here are the teams that have a REALISTIC chance to beat us: VT, FSU, Auburn and L'ville. Each of these teams have problems. VT lost their QB, RB and TE and does not have the talent we have to begin with. A win by 10-20 even though it's on the road. L'ville has Jackson back but lost a ton on their O and D lines as well as WR's. We win by 7-14 there. Next 2 at home. Auburn is still rebuilding and will have a nightmarish time with our D. Sure our O may struggle some but our D keeps giving us the ball enough to win by 14-26. FSU. Even with us in talent but their D will not be as strong as ours and replacing their RB and some DB's will be a problem . I don't care about all the accolades they got. We win in a close one by 3-7.
Should we lose one I'd pick L'ville as we have had problems there.

Our recruiting has been top notch for sevweral now and this season the total results will fin ally show up. I look for Bryant to start but he'll be replaced by HJ by the second game.Feaster will have a monster year as will our other RB's. WR's continue great play and our D will be in the top 5 in the country and just might be the best. Our DL is the best and our LB's are the best ion the last few years. Add in a safety or 2 who will play the pass and not try to shut down the runs and we will be very stingy in giving up points

The last 2 years have been most generous to me and I see no reason that we can't do it again. When you're playing with house money it's always better

That's great, but did anyone think Pitt had a realistic

Apr 5, 2017, 2:35 PM

chance to beat us at home last year? Sh*t happens sometimes.

Re: That's great, but did anyone think Pitt had a realistic

Apr 5, 2017, 3:16 PM

The Pitt game was the only game I was able to make it to last season and knew that in August.
I looked at the schedule and really had a crummy feeling about it. I thought Pitt would have our beloved Tigers circled on their calendar and the the Tigers would VERY likely go into that game unbeaten and possibly unfocused (they are kids after all).
Sure enough, Pitt made us go out and get a switch and took it to our backsides.
Looking back, it was the maybe some of the best discipline Coach Swinney could've administered.

So....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: 2017 Expectations? ]

IMO, if we lose a game, it will be because we were not focused, just like losing last year to a much inferior Pitt team. We keep focussed all year, and I think we make our 3rd appearance in the Natty, and maybe even enter it undefeated. Folks, we are in reload mode. It will be a fun ride for several years, yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect 11-1........that being said.......

Apr 5, 2017, 2:21 PM

I can deal with 10-2 ONLY if the 2 losses come from FSU & VT...........I can't stomach losses to either SEC team we play or any of the remaining teams on our schedule, but given what VT lost it may be difficult to stomach that loss as well......at least it would be on the road.

9-3 or worse........would be disastrous...........we pulled off 9-3 with cole stoudt @ QB, surely we can do better than that.

Re: I expect 11-1........that being said.......

Apr 7, 2017, 8:46 PM

We're going to walk the dog on VT. They pretty much lost every play maker and their QB.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I'll play...

Apr 5, 2017, 2:31 PM

Best case: 11-1, ACCG Winner and Playoff Participant
Worst case: 9-3, Decent Bowl opportunity
Likely case: 10-2, Possible ACCG participant and pending Playoff Shot (depends on the rest of the landscape and to whom losses occur)

Re: I'll play...

Apr 5, 2017, 2:37 PM

Clemson is rebuilding its offense but not the defense. They are rebuilding the QB, RB and TE positions. WR position returns Cain, McCloud and Renfrow. Waiting in the wings for their turn is Powell, Thompson, Chase, Overton. Joining them in fall is Rodgers and Higgins.

Depending on the development of the quarterback, literally THE most important position on the field, Clemson could take the ACC championship again, and possibly a playoff.

JMHO

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll play...

Apr 5, 2017, 2:59 PM

I look at it as reloading instead of rebuilding. The talent is there for all of the positions that you mentioned. The question is, can they all come together and gel as an offense? I think yes, they will. There may be some rough spots, though, and it may take the first third of the season to happen. I think that our defense will keep us in those games until the offense gels. I'm thinking 11-1 regular season, with a legit shot at ACCCG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10-2 regular season***

Apr 5, 2017, 2:33 PM

Seems like 10-2: will probably lose 2 among Auburn, FSU,

Apr 5, 2017, 2:49 PM

Louisville, or Virginia Tech though losing all 4 wouldn't surprise me nor winning all 4.

Apr 5, 2017, 2:57 PM

FINAL FOUR MINIMUM

Apr 5, 2017, 3:39 PM

Minimum 10 wins based on talent level and nasty defense! I think 11 wins and win the Atlantic Division then win the ACC title game to make 12 Playoff team again!

I expect my seats to be unoccupied when I show up.***

Apr 5, 2017, 3:40 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It all comes down to qb play. I'd be really happy with 10+

Apr 5, 2017, 3:41 PM

wins this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 7:05 PM

This team will either maintain or exceed at every position on the field compared to last season except qb. Having said that, Dabo MUST pick a qb and stick with him this time. We cannot have another Stoudt/Watson deal and expect to win 12-14 games. Stick with the best man for the job, no matter the seniority, and skies the limit. A team with multiple qb's, has no qb.

Apr 5, 2017, 7:48 PM

Agreed especially about settling on one qb and sticking with him!

Apr 7, 2017, 5:40 PM

10-2.

I just want a nice coach and players to not get in trouble.

Apr 7, 2017, 5:42 PM

Same as hoops.

if we play alabama again

Apr 7, 2017, 5:51 PM

they probably try and cover renfrow

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2017, 8:25 PM

Back to Back Championships. We'll also be the first 15-0 football team in D-1 college history!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

15-0

Apr 7, 2017, 8:41 PM

I'm sure the team expects that as well

Apr 7, 2017, 8:46 PM

Worst case scenario is a new years six bowl, best case is we repeat.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 7, 2017, 10:40 PM

9-3 regular season including a win over Auburn and one other against either UL, VT or FSU and at least a 3 TD win over the coots. A Belk Bowl win over UF, UGA or UT for a second straight 3-0 record in the SEC and a seventh straight 10+ win season. Finish the season ranked in the top 15.

Apr 7, 2017, 10:46 PM

Too low expectations! Eight wins are practically a given based on talent. We beat Auburn. Va Tech won't be as good. Toughest game will be FSU. At least 10 wins or more!

Apr 8, 2017, 9:00 AM

Perhaps so, but very few teams have great years following a championship. We've got great talent all around, but it might take a few games to settle things on offense, especially at QB. I see that costing us a game or two. I think the 10-3 season I posted would be a solid year for us and set us up nicely to make another title run in 2018.

As long as Dabo is our coach

Apr 7, 2017, 11:11 PM

I expect to win every game. Go Tigers!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic