Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: 2018 Running Back Roles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: 2018 Running Back Roles

Jan 23, 2018, 10:30 AM

2018 Running Back Roles

Email Bag

In this format we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Hey Mickey,

In 2018, do you think we will see more touches by our talented running backs rather than so many qb

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama known

Jan 23, 2018, 10:47 AM

for good academics? That's a huge reach bud.

If APR is important, then why not?

Jan 23, 2018, 10:48 AM

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/per-apr-scores-alabama-football-can-claim-top-25-status-academically-as-well-on-the-field

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rated

Jan 23, 2018, 10:53 AM

as the 51st best public university... hardly impressive. Just because players graduates doesn't mean the school is known for any sort of academic rigor.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-alabama-1051/overall-rankings

They're 110 nationally, nothing to be ashamed of as Clemson

Jan 23, 2018, 11:00 AM

is only 67 in the same format and massaged the numbers to get there.

Alabama should be proud of graduating players as should any school and you only need to look to Dabo & Tim Bourret for lauding Clemson Football's APR as proof.

Clemson is a fine school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're 110 nationally, nothing to be ashamed of as Clemson

Jan 23, 2018, 11:06 AM

Clemson is ranked 23rd in Public universities, and is well known for academics. Alabama is 51st, and rated below South Carolina.. and is much of joke to get into as most everyone knows. APR is important but if not taken in context of how rigorous a university actually is, it's useless.

67th nationally and massaged the numbers to get there.

Jan 23, 2018, 11:11 AM

When Clemson gets at least a Law School, let me know. It's a nice little public school.

I'm happy for the drive by Barker to improve the standing of Clemson, I lauded it then and now, as no more than 10 years ago it was the bane of the ACC, perhaps only FSU below it.

Now, hopefully Dabo and all can bring up their APRs, it's important.

As if a law school is

Jan 23, 2018, 11:15 AM

any measure of academic quality? But I'm happy for Alabama, where the average SAT score is a whoppin 1190. They are really cranking out some scholars...

The overall offering is brought up by Law & Medical Schools.

Jan 23, 2018, 11:22 AM

I'm sorry that Clemson is only 67th, that seems to upset you, while Alabama is only 110.

Maybe you should have been upset when Barker was charging more tuition for numbers that were manipulated to reach a goal?

I love Clemson, mostly for the people, have many a family member call it their Alma, doctors, lawyers, business men alike.

I'd like to believe Clemson made them better people, it just didn't seem to take with all. That's a shame.

Now, go back to your nice little public school.

You must have went to

Jan 23, 2018, 11:28 AM

Alabama, since your logic is so fallible. Being ranked a top 20-25 public school each year is quite an honor. But we won't mention our well known college of engineering, architecture, etc. When alabama is rated below south carolina, pretty much anyone can tell that alabama is a joke of a university academically. I'm proud of you though for sticking up for your accelerated high school.

No, Washington & Lee, which apparently using your...

Jan 23, 2018, 11:45 AM

logic means you might not belong in this conversation? Well, extrapolating of course... is this where I'm proud of your quaint little accelerated high school?

Haha.

Alabama's a fine school, graduating student athletes should be lauded, 110 nationally and I imagine striving to be better.

Clemson is a fine school and everyone that follows should be proud of the work that Vickery Hall, Dabo and the staff have done in promoting the individual before the player. 67th is fine, I'm sure the administration strives every day to improve its stead in the realm of Academia.

I'm proud on any school that would seem to care about their student-athletes, so yes, I'll laud Alabama for their APR and other good people should as well.

And yes, I understand why Barker did what he did in order to garner research monies, massaging the numbers, as it's important to the long term.

South Carolina's ranking is irrelevant to the discussion

Jan 23, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to You must have went to ]

of whether or not Alabama is a good school.

DSPs point is that the top 20-25 public school ranking was a manipulated sham.

South Carolina K-12 ranks in the bottom 5 of our country:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education
The majority of our student population comes from these high schools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina's ranking is irrelevant to the discussion

Jan 23, 2018, 1:05 PM

I'm pretty sure being ranked below South Carolina in academics is a pretty clear sign of where U of A stands. And although President Barker did cater to some specific metrics in the ranking, that is something all universities do. So I'm still trying to find how these arguments pan out at all.

Re: South Carolina's ranking is irrelevant to the discussion

Jan 23, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to South Carolina's ranking is irrelevant to the discussion ]

And I must say, the in state students I attended with were rather intelligent, and most of the out of state students were very highly regarded. USC is where most in-state students go who want a big school experience, but can't keep up academically with the rest.

Guy who wants to talk academics starts a sentence with

Jan 23, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to You must have went to ]

"You must have went to"....

Still shaking it.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Guy who wants to talk academics starts a sentence with

Jan 23, 2018, 1:09 PM

Sometimes you need to talk at the level of those you are speaking with. If you look anything like your Bob Ross avatar, I believe I'm doing a good job of that.

Based on your logic/insistence of using academic ratings to

Jan 23, 2018, 1:22 PM

tell a story.....wouldn't that put DSP well above your level?

And wouldn't that mean you should up your game and not mistreat proper English?

You know....logically....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

I'll make it easy for you

Jan 23, 2018, 2:21 PM

I'll keep it simple for now:

Univ of Alabama graduates: Early and mid-career salaries are $49,000 and $90,900
Clemson Univ graduates: Early and mid-career salaries are $54,300 and $101,100

Now, if a Clemson grad takes that extra salary, and invests it into a basic 401k account, they will have an additional $1.3 million when they retire at age 60... that's a conservative estimate that doesn't include an employer match.

Let me know when you're ready for more.

Swing and a miss....

Jan 23, 2018, 3:18 PM

Re: Swing and a miss....

Jan 23, 2018, 3:26 PM

Yep... not much you can reply with

Well they are, so...***

Jan 23, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Alabama known ]

Can you send this to Feaster?

Jan 23, 2018, 11:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Can you send this to Feaster?

Jan 23, 2018, 2:39 PM

is this how you lost all your weight? if so, I'm gonna get me some.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: 2018 Running Back Roles

Jan 23, 2018, 12:50 PM

I totally agree on Feaster. He came here a shifty lightning bolt, thus the gift of the number 28 from C.J. Now he is a straight ahead, no-cut thumper who always takes the pile forward, but never jump cuts at all. You could be right. He may be better at 205 than he is at 222. Of course, ET makes EVERYONE look slow.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The question about Admission took me back

Jan 23, 2018, 3:45 PM

Not too long ago Tigerboard was filled was posts about the ARC. Thank the LAWD those days are behind us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Choice first...

Jan 23, 2018, 4:28 PM

I think early in the season when Choice and Fuller were getting carries early in the game it set the tone. They did the dirty work and got hard yards. Later in the game, 2nd / 3rd quarter, you start featuring Feaster, then Etienne, and boom! He takes it to the house. This seemed like the formula early but Fuller got the fumbles, and Feaster become the #1 option. I think all of them need to play, but it's good to get a bruiser in there first and tire down the D.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic